Send Topic Print
Exhaust issue (Read 105 times)
Sandra
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Exhaust issue
09/24/11 at 06:30:11

On my way to Digby this year for the Wharf Rat Rally I've seemed to acquire a "whistle" coming from the muffler... Just wondering if anyone knows a way to get rid of the "whistle" without having to replace the muffler?

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Exhaust issue
Reply #1 - 09/24/11 at 06:39:18

I would tighten the muffler clamp and re-torque the header bolts and see if it went away.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #2 - 09/26/11 at 06:41:34

Sandra wrote on 09/24/11 at 06:30:11:
On my way to Digby this year for the Wharf Rat Rally I've seemed to acquire a "whistle" coming from the muffler... Just wondering if anyone knows a way to get rid of the "whistle" without having to replace the muffler?

You might consider finding out exactly where the whistle is before you start changing things.

One way to find out is to get a length of tubing of any kind,... gas line, garden hose, four straws taped together,... just about anything will do.

Put an earplug in one ear, stick one end of the tubing in the other ear, and move the free end of the tubing all over the exhaust pipe and muffler while someone sits on the bike and blips the throttle over and over in such a way as to create the whistle.  

At some point, you'll hear the noise you seek loud and clear.  Then you'll know what area of the exhaust system needs help.

Maybe it is just a loose bolt or clamp or something.  Tighter 'er up and things are lovely.  Maybe it'll show a rusted out spot on the muffler.  Ruh ro,... can you spell Jardine?

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #3 - 09/26/11 at 06:45:12

BTW, this thread probably should be in RSD, rather than the Cafe.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 14:25:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Exhaust issue

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.