Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Ah! The good Life!
Reply #15 - 09/21/11 at 18:40:17

If I wasn't married I'd have to learn to budget, balance a checkbook, pay bills... Now if I could only teach her to check oil, check tire pressures, stick to the grocery list, walk faster in the store, not have so many pets...

I've been married (this time) for, let's see, what century is this... Her dress was 10th century, my kilt was 19th century...  Long time. Or the day before yesterday. Oh yeah, 1997.

I have to look at my license to find my birthday, but i definitely know hers... Roll Eyes

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 09/21/11 at 19:42:45

Sorry guys,, I spent a good bit of time on that,, not just typing it, but learning it, I think its worth a bump,,

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/21/11 at 11:43:13:
Married at 18, divorced at 21, & after a good deal of introspection, I realized that as much as I wanted to not be alone, I wasnt exactly someone who could be involved in a successful long term relationship, so I spent about 8 years alone, met my wife at the 10 year reunion, dated a while, married her 26 years ago,.I wouldnt even allow myself to have a g/f, it was very lonely, but I needed the time to grow thru a few things, some people just look for someone who can accept them with their baggage, its better to work to clean ones self up & become someone who can actually participate in a relationship fairly, I also think everyone should live alone & be fully self supporting before marriage. Women included, that way no one ever feels "Trapped" in a relationship,,  & self confidence gained thru self reliance is a REAL good thing to have.,
If you cant cook & clean & do your laundry & keep your car up,& pay your bills,  you arent ready.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #17 - 09/21/11 at 20:23:09

Yeah, I also wouldn't allow myself a g/f all throughout school, due to intense study (read: was socially inept, could not get g/f).  But then about 1995 I got desperate and clinged to one that was beautiful but not quite right.  She was also a clingy dipshit so it sorta worked out.. married for 4 years, divorced.. then I "did not allow myself" a g/f for 2 years after that, ha ha.. actually, that time it was wise to hold off and get my act together. So then I started seeing a girl I knew from my hometown, married her in 2004 and now have 2 good kids.  

Throughout each alone and together period, the grass was often greener.  I am able to make myself perfectly happy, and miserable, in either situation.  It is not quite "all in the mind" but is very much in the mind.  Any time a failure occurred, a breakup, rejection or whatever, that was the worst.  But I am glad that I had the hard lessons, because without them I would not have what I have now AND appreciate it.

Overall, for me the scale of most miserable to happiest is:
1. Alone, looking with no success, and no real projects going on. No "life"
2. With a good-enough person to stay with (because you're not busy and have nothing better going on) but annoyed with the person/ it aint right.  
3. Alone, not looking and busy with other projects
4. With the right person, but not busy
5. With the right person and busy

Ramble, ramble ramble.  Isn't this woman adorable? (not mine)

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 09/21/11 at 20:26:15

yes she is... but way too much baggage for fun.   Wink

WWW   IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #19 - 09/22/11 at 18:44:32

splash07 wrote on 09/20/11 at 11:58:05:
I am with mpescatori on this one. Even after being dumped two weeks ago by my girlfriend of 6 years. I was prepared to marry her and had even started a savings account to buy a ring. Life is nothing without someone to share it with.

Although big tittied cheerleaders do sound nice right about now and I do have a savings account with a bunch of money in it.   Wink

AND you ride a Savage...so, post for us girls a photo of you and we'll hook you up with another Savage girl - voila - we now have SuzukiMatch.com on the forum too!  Cheesy

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 09/23/11 at 13:05:02

girlfriends???   what dem be???

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #21 - 09/25/11 at 19:45:09

skatnbnc wrote on 09/22/11 at 18:44:32:
splash07 wrote on 09/20/11 at 11:58:05:
I am with mpescatori on this one. Even after being dumped two weeks ago by my girlfriend of 6 years. I was prepared to marry her and had even started a savings account to buy a ring. Life is nothing without someone to share it with.

Although big tittied cheerleaders do sound nice right about now and I do have a savings account with a bunch of money in it.   Wink

AND you ride a Savage...so, post for us girls a photo of you and we'll hook you up with another Savage girl - voila - we now have SuzukiMatch.com on the forum too!  Cheesy

Yay!! SuzukiMatch.com!!!! Here is a pic of me and the bike in its  early project stages. For your viewing pleasure ladies   Cool

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #22 - 09/26/11 at 06:27:08

Hey Splash, you won't be lonely long with those pretty eyes...   Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #23 - 09/26/11 at 06:58:49

We forgot the #1 advantage of being single... you can pull your bike straight into the house!!!  Cheesy  

Sadly, I did not take advantage of this.. sniff..

Don't know what ya got.. 'till it's GONNee..

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #24 - 09/26/11 at 20:09:39

babyhog wrote on 09/26/11 at 06:27:08:
Hey Splash, you won't be lonely long with those pretty eyes...   Wink

Thanks piglet, but its OK if I am. I realize that to be with someone else you have to be OK with being by yourself.

IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #25 - 09/27/11 at 20:20:18

Splash dude - you are totally going to hook up with a great person, no worries.

Frankly, I already like you based on that picture.
First off your bike is in the living room, cold beer is available, the tool bin is at hand, and so is the comfortable sofa.
Dude. That completely rocks!  Cool

As an added bonus you live in Charleston which is a city full of good looking sexy girls. Have patience grasshopper - she will find you.   Smiley

PS - take what you are passionate about and go do that - you will run into girls with the same interest and if not, you still have fun!
And you are totally good looking too, so this shouldn't take long.  Kiss

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #26 - 09/28/11 at 13:15:57

skatnbnc wrote on 09/27/11 at 20:20:18:
Splash dude - you are totally going to hook up with a great person, no worries.

Frankly, I already like you based on that picture.
First off your bike is in the living room, cold beer is available, the tool bin is at hand, and so is the comfortable sofa.
Dude. That completely rocks!  Cool

As an added bonus you live in Charleston which is a city full of good looking sexy girls. Have patience grasshopper - she will find you.   Smiley

PS - take what you are passionate about and go do that - you will run into girls with the same interest and if not, you still have fun!
And you are totally good looking too, so this shouldn't take long.  Kiss

Wow!!!! Cheesy You girls really know how to make a man feel good. Thanks skatnbnc. Keeping busy with my passions is really the only thing keeping me sane, great advice.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:30:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › Ah! The good Life!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.