Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Sexual bias in Science Fiction and Fantasy (Read 215 times)
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: Sexual bias in Science Fiction and Fantasy
Reply #15 - 09/20/11 at 20:41:25

I gave my collection of SF pulp..about 300 paperbacks to my SF college prof..I was leaving for NAM soon and figured that would be the best place for such good stuff.   Interestingly I googled my name a few years back and low and behold a fellow with my name wrote a SF Book back in the '60s.   Given that my first name is Kirby it was quite a shock as I didn't write it.  Life is strange. Haven't been able to trace the author ....

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #16 - 09/21/11 at 06:23:12

arteacher wrote on 09/20/11 at 12:17:53:
Mpescatori- did you know that Azimov holds the record for the shortest short story ever written? It was written on a bet with some other sf writers over a few beers. It had to have a beginning middle and end, and a theme. It is 25 words long.

Thanks, Arteacher, you have now made me sleepless !!!  Wink

I didn't know of the 25-word story, so I googled, yahood, Amazoned, whatevered, but could not find any related link.

Do you have the text ?

Smiley

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #17 - 09/21/11 at 14:51:45

I am pretty sure it was in one of the "Black Widowers" collections, and as I have never thrown out our otherwise got rid of a book I probably still have it.....somewhere. Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 04:26:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › Sexual bias in Science Fiction and Fantasy

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.