Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Saddlemen saddlebags (Read 214 times)
CeliaMarie

2009 Blvd s40!

Long Island, NY
Saddlemen saddlebags
09/18/11 at 05:31:00

I'm looking to get the express cruis'n large bags. I already have the suzuki saddlebag supports on the bike. Does anyone know what it takes to install those bags? According to the their fitment chart, it says I shouldn't need to modify the bike in any way. I've already sent an email out to the company and I'm waiting for a reply, but I also thought I'd ask you guys here.

http://www.saddlemen.com/store/link_page/metricfitment.html

http://www.saddlemen.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=239_254...

Thank you for any insights!!
Celia

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Saddlemen saddlebags
Reply #1 - 09/18/11 at 09:27:43

yup according to their chart it fits.

For a permanent installation, all you do is take off the seat and throw the bags over, then put the seat bag on.  There should be some additional straps at the bottom or sides to secure to the brackets.

Some have concernations of covering the rectumfryer.  After you ride does yours get hot  Shocked  no not yours per se, the bikes.   Roll Eyes  Just reach under the seat and see if it sizzles.  If it does, worry about your battery, make sure you got water, clean, good connections, etc.  I wouldn't worry about covering it with the strap otherwise.

Now for temporary installation where you'll carry the bags in with you, just throw them over the seat.

WWW   IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #2 - 09/18/11 at 09:31:36

On the products page link, those LOOK like the ones I have on my bike.  They were on there when I got it and I have not seen a tag or anything to tell me about the size.  I relaly like mine, I can probably put 2 gallons of milk in each one.  On the one I usually use, the velcro that keeps it closed is not as strong, but thatr has nto been a problem.  In fact, when I go to the other side, I usually can't the thing open and wonder what is wrong with it.  But it has never came open on the road. Like I said, I like mine.  That does not help with the size question, though.

Like versy said, I take the back seat off, put them on, put the seat back and they are there.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #3 - 09/18/11 at 09:58:50

My bike came with River Road 'bags installed. They're not lockable, but they do an excellent job of collecting water when riiding in the rain. Anyway, whoever installed them removed the rectumfrier then re-attached it through the straps. Or, according to others here you can evidently remove it from it's current location and stuff in the air box. I'm pleased to note versy shares my pronunciation of that device. And I need to take a longer look at these Saddlemen bags.

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #4 - 09/18/11 at 10:32:12

I misspelled "rectumfryer". Sorry :'(

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
CeliaMarie

2009 Blvd s40!

Long Island, NY
Reply #5 - 09/18/11 at 11:48:07

thank you.. I just placed an order for them. Arizuno, do you have a pic of your bike with the bags on them?

IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #6 - 09/18/11 at 14:06:06

CeliaMarie, I do have such a photo; now I guess I halfta learn how to upload... I hope you meant you ordered the Saddlemen bags - I wasn't recommending the River Roads. Assuming you did order the Saddlemen, I & we would love to hear what you think of them, especially regarding their (un)willingness to serve as reservoirs, how they fit, etc.

IP Logged
CeliaMarie

2009 Blvd s40!

Long Island, NY
Reply #7 - 09/18/11 at 14:19:40

Oh yes, I did order the Saddlemens, and I will give an opinion on them once they are installed. I just noticed you have a pearl white ride too, and I just wanted to see your bike with your bags on.
THanks again!

IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #8 - 09/18/11 at 17:32:55

1. Can somebody help me out here? CeliaMarie'd like to see a white S40 w/ bags. I can barely operate a motorcycle, never mind a computer.
2. Prechermike: Do your Saddlemen bags do a reasonable job of keeping the water out? Assuming they cover the springs, any wear there?

IP Logged
manitoulinbob
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 09/18/11 at 18:21:15

hello all ...

can someone confirm for certain that the rear signal lights don't have to be relocated with this version of the saddleman bags??

we have been trying to find a decent size saddle bag that does not require modifications to the bike and are finding very limited options out there.

does anyone else have suggestions for bags that don't require mods to the bike for install?  and if you have the bags installed on your bike a posted photo would be a definite bonus!

Thanks,

Bob

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #10 - 09/18/11 at 19:25:23

Ok, here is the best pic I have.  If you hold the crtl key and push the "+" the picture will get bigger, it is magic! Wink  But the quality of the picture goes down.

I have had no problems with my bags.  I have not noticed any rubbing or wear.  The bags are pretty rigid and I have no saddlebag supports on them.  They fit pretty tight between the springs and the turn signals.  I did eventually move my signals to the license plate bracket, but the bags were not the reason.  

I really like the bags I have, again, I do not know what size they are, I guess I could measure them tomorrow, if anyone wants me to.  I have crammed alot of stuff into them and even overloaded them a time or two, so much they would not close, but they rode along fine with no problems.  

Like I said earlier, the velcro is not as tight on the side I use all the time, but the bag stays closed with no problem.  I really think I like the weakened velcro better, it is easier for me to get open.

If you want to know anything else, let me know.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 09/18/11 at 22:31:04

Hi Celia,

The bags look great! BTW, I live on Long Island as well. North shore, Suffolk County. Have you ever ridden out to the North or South forks? The North fork is great ride all the way out to Greenport. Also, I haven't seen any Savages on my rides, have you?

Johnnycat

IP Logged
CeliaMarie

2009 Blvd s40!

Long Island, NY
Reply #12 - 09/19/11 at 03:29:15

IP Logged
CeliaMarie

2009 Blvd s40!

Long Island, NY
Reply #13 - 09/19/11 at 03:32:49

oh.. and no, I have not seen many savages at all, except when I go to the dealer, and I see owned rides parked outside. I was flanked by two Harleys this trip. All the folks I know and ride with own HD's.

IP Logged
CeliaMarie

2009 Blvd s40!

Long Island, NY
Reply #14 - 09/19/11 at 04:06:18

Thanks, Preacher, for the response about the bags. They look like the ones I ordered! Are they a large?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:23:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Saddlemen saddlebags

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.