Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spin on oil filter (Read 71 times)
scubachef

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spin on oil filter
09/16/11 at 12:14:29

I know I have read topics on this but don't remember seeing a definitive yes or no as to whether we have this option for our motor.  I came across of conversion for the xs650 at 650central.com(the kit is on the homepage) and it looks like it may be a contender.  I wanted to see what those with more motor knowlage than I think before taking the plunge to try it out.  For those of us on using rearsets this would not pose a clearance issue like it would with the stock brake.  Thoughts from the group?  Thanks

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Spin on oil filter
Reply #1 - 09/16/11 at 12:21:13

If you have something for us to look at, post the link to it.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #2 - 09/16/11 at 12:34:04

According to his first post I got to this link... [url]http://www.650central.com/engine.htm#Spin on[/url] http://www.650central.com/

Looks kinda cool, but not sure if something like that would work...

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #3 - 09/16/11 at 12:45:23

You could do a remote filter. There are two oil system ports on the lower right front side of the engine. They connect on the inside, but that connection can be easily plugged off so oil would flow out the forward facing port, through a remote filter, and back in through the downward facing port. If you wanted to kill two birds with one stone, you could also plumb an oil cooler inline with the remote filter. The benefits (other than looking cool) are questionable.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 06:24:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Spin on oil filter

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.