Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Battery Pretty Much Empty (Read 247 times)
Fish

Who Shot Who In The
What Now?

(near) Tampa, FL
Re: Battery Pretty Much Empty
Reply #15 - 09/16/11 at 11:03:03

Gyrobob wrote on 09/16/11 at 10:59:33:
Fish wrote on 09/16/11 at 10:56:47:
Yeah, and this being Florida and summer, I really should have been checking and adding.
I'm pretty set on going with a sealed battery, probably from Batteries Plus. Won't get a ride to get there though, not close enough to want to ride my bicycle to.

Are you on a tight budget, or would you consider one of the tiny lightweight lithium ion batteries?

Budget is an issue. I don't want to spend over $100 and I need the battery today.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #16 - 09/16/11 at 11:06:33

Fish wrote on 09/16/11 at 11:03:03:
Gyrobob wrote on 09/16/11 at 10:59:33:
Fish wrote on 09/16/11 at 10:56:47:
Yeah, and this being Florida and summer, I really should have been checking and adding.
I'm pretty set on going with a sealed battery, probably from Batteries Plus. Won't get a ride to get there though, not close enough to want to ride my bicycle to.

Are you on a tight budget, or would you consider one of the tiny lightweight lithium ion batteries?

Budget is an issue. I don't want to spend over $100 and I need the battery today.

Sounds like Walmart, then.  I have used their batteries in several different bikes.   They lasted for 4 years or so each, except for one that died in a few months that was replaced under warranty.  Keep the water level good, and ride the bike every few days at least, and they hold up okay.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Fish

Who Shot Who In The
What Now?

(near) Tampa, FL
Reply #17 - 09/16/11 at 11:07:09

Gyrobob wrote on 09/16/11 at 11:02:54:
I had to stop using photobucket.  They changed something a few weeks ago -- every time I try to upload something, my computer crashes.

I love your parking spot.  Keeps the long-term damage from ultraviolet light minimized, eh?

That sucks. I have had this photobucket account for several years and it has never made my browser, or my pc crash. I haven't had that issue the past few weeks either.

No UV damage at all! Unfortunately Sammy only gets to sleep inside today until the new battery is inside. After that, it's back outside into the parking lot. I REALLY need to buy a cover.

Batteries Plus has two Sealed Maintenance-Free batteries that will work for me. One is $75 with 1 year warranty, the other $89 with 2 year warranty or a conventional for $49.
My local Suzuki dealer has the conventional for $39 or a sealed for $80

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #18 - 09/16/11 at 11:22:19

The sealed one for $75 is probably the same as the Big Crank.  I think they sell them under several names.  If you can buy one at a local Batteries Plus, I'd say do it!  ETX-15L.  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Fish

Who Shot Who In The
What Now?

(near) Tampa, FL
Reply #19 - 09/16/11 at 11:43:40

babyhog wrote on 09/16/11 at 11:22:19:
The sealed one for $75 is probably the same as the Big Crank.  I think they sell them under several names.  If you can buy one at a local Batteries Plus, I'd say do it!  ETX-15L.  

This is the $89 one:
http://www.batteriesplus.com/product/40578-X2--15L-X2Power%C2%AE-AGM-Battery/...

The other ones don't show prices so I'm not sure which one is the $75 battery, but this seems to be it:
http://www.batteriesplus.com/product/34344-XTA14AHL--BS-Xtreme-Permaseal-AGM-...

BOUGHT MY BATTERYI'm usually a frugal kind of guy but with Sammy I don't want to skimp on too many things.
I went with the $89 AMG type of sealed battery. Sammy fired right up the first try.

« Last Edit: 09/16/11 at 19:37:44 by Fish »  

IP Logged
mojo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW MO
Reply #20 - 09/16/11 at 18:37:07

You guys have some really cool signatures.  I Like Em'

"Never Say Never"
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #21 - 09/16/11 at 19:48:14

Battery, huh? Gee, Isn't that what I suggested way back up top? LOL I was right for a change. HeeHee !!

I, too, have had 2 of those $89 sealed batteries from Batteries Plus. 1st one lasted 4 years--minimal recharging the 4th year. And I picked up a new one this past winter. If you bought it there, they will recharge it for free every spring.

Photobucket is working fine for me.

Shocked

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #22 - 09/16/11 at 23:26:48

6 months ago I let mine run dry too,.....didn't shed too many tears over it, because I really wanted an AGM,.....because it is a real pain to fill these batts w/ water,.....at least twice a year. But wouldn't ya know it, I filled it up, charged it, tested it, and it is fine,....and its 4 yrs old, and been run dry twice. So I'll use it,.....at least till I run it dry again Undecided

A little tip,......keep your battery fully charged as much as possible,.....at all times, and it will last an unbelieveable amount of years. We like to think that if it starts the bike fine day after day, that it must be full charged, but many times its not. Charge it (float) once a month, it will last a long time.
I know, its not practical most times,.....more trouble than its worth.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Fish

Who Shot Who In The
What Now?

(near) Tampa, FL
Reply #23 - 09/17/11 at 05:42:47

drums1 wrote on 09/16/11 at 19:48:14:
Battery, huh? Gee, Isn't that what I suggested way back up top? LOL I was right for a change. HeeHee !!

I, too, have had 2 of those $89 sealed batteries from Batteries Plus. 1st one lasted 4 years--minimal recharging the 4th year. And I picked up a new one this past winter. If you bought it there, they will recharge it for free every spring.
Shocked

Yes you did, and you were spot on. Thanks. I did check the battery before I started tearing apart other things to check the spark-plug and what not. When I remove the tank to fix my speedometer housing rattle I will do the spark-plug door mod.

I ride it everyday. I'll be riding it year round (Florida) if I need recharging I've got problems. Thanks though, they didn't let me know that.

Routy wrote on 09/16/11 at 23:26:48:
6 months ago I let mine run dry too,.....didn't shed too many tears over it, because I really wanted an AGM,.....because it is a real pain to fill these batts w/ water,.....at least twice a year. But wouldn't ya know it, I filled it up, charged it, tested it, and it is fine,....and its 4 yrs old, and been run dry twice. So I'll use it,.....at least till I run it dry again Undecided

A little tip,......keep your battery fully charged as much as possible,.....at all times, and it will last an unbelieveable amount of years. We like to think that if it starts the bike fine day after day, that it must be full charged, but many times its not. Charge it (float) once a month, it will last a long time.
I know, its not practical most times,.....more trouble than its worth.

Well now that I live on the first floor and I can actually park my bike behind my condo and run the tender to it. I can charge it once a month. My previous living situation I was on a 2nd floor apartment and had to take the battery out to put it on my tender.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #24 - 09/17/11 at 07:18:31

drums1 wrote on 09/16/11 at 19:48:14:

Glad to hear it.  Photobucket worked lovely for me for years, too.  In fact it works fine now for photos already uploaded.

The problem gets really annoying when I try to upload something.  the computer just freezes.  From some internet research, there are some indications it might be a Flash problem, but I have installed latest versions, and tried three different browsers with no improvement.

I'm using Bluemelon now.  Works fine.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #25 - 09/17/11 at 17:40:57

Maybe it's one of them new fangled browsers. I use an older one and I just uploaded this here pic.

But if blue melons is workin' for ya, why fiddle with it, right?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 22:26:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Battery Pretty Much Empty

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.