Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Slipstreamer Spitfire windshield (Read 44 times)
txsizzler
YaBB Newbies

Its a real THUMP in
the pants!

Portland/Corpus Christi, TX.
Slipstreamer Spitfire windshield
09/15/11 at 16:00:53

Nice little windshield! I bought mine at the same time I bought that Raptor petcock (both from Bikebandit), and installed them both the same day. I finally got a HOW TO video up in the tech section:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1316126778/0

I made the video primarily for mechanically challenged folks like myself, as I know for me anyhow, that it helps to at least see how its done before embarking on the project itself. Very easy to install... took about 15 minutes.

Quick review:
---------------

Ease of installation: Very easy to install. As mentioned, took about 15 minutes of my time. Instructions were primarily picture orientated;, I like to also see the steps spelled out with all parts labled; like how furniture installation is. GRADE: A-

Performance: Does a pretty good job keeping about 75% of the wind off of me, particuarly from the neck down. If I lean forward while riding (which I commonly do, due to mild lower and middle back issues), I can take much of the buffeting off of my helmet too. For the price, I think it does a pretty admirable job. It holds in place pretty well. The parts seem fairly good on it. GRADE: B+

Looks: I think this really adds a nice touch to the bike. Actually kind of gives it more of a "sporty" look if you will. The lines on it are clean, the Spitfire logo on it is unobtrusive. Good stuff! GRADE: A

Value: For the $53 + shipping I paid for it (Bikebandit matched the price from another online retailer), I think its a heck of a value. It INCLUDES the bar kit... a rarity for a manufacturer to include this! And it does what it advertises. GRADE: A

Specs:
-------
- Measures 15"H x 17-1/4"W
- Fits both round and square headlights
- Comes with either 1" or 7/8" Bar Kits

Ian

"Life is like a bath; the longer you stay in it, the more wrinkled you get!" -Garfield
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:19:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Slipstreamer Spitfire windshield

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.