Send Topic Print
Running rough. (Read 323 times)
Sunchasers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks the Rockies!

Northern Colorado
Re: Running rough.
Reply #15 - 09/15/11 at 20:35:56

Arachnoiditis of the carburetor!  Grin  What amazes me is that the gas fumes didn't deter it from continuing it's trek down the vent tube.  Huh

1987 LS650P, Blue/Purple, stock w/ white spacer mod, 2-1/4 turns, Raptor petcock, seat ht. mod, Verslavy, Routys F.C., 8300 mi
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #16 - 09/16/11 at 05:34:16

Why not try some Marvel Mystery Oil?  (acronym: MMO)

or even some Super Heavy-duty Insect Treatment?  (acronym not allowed)

Wink

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #17 - 09/16/11 at 05:41:12

Quote:
On gentle acceleration it doesn't bog,
----------------------------------------------
Where is all the bad stuff that settles in the bowl from gasahol ?
and all the varnish that comes from todays fuel lousy fuel that messes everything up,......you know, all the stuff that you need to put seafoam in to get rid of,......all the stuff that really does not happen anymore w/ todays fuels !
Spiders ? Yep, that beats all.
From just that one statement, seems like a spider leg got into the "fuel enrichment system".......which I know nothing about on this carb.
But, by all means, add a fuel filter,.....not that that would have prevented this.
PS,....I did forget that Art was into this carb bowl before, maybe cleaned it. But if like my '07, it was clean before he started.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #18 - 09/16/11 at 06:20:34

Routy you get black stuff in your carb from gasohol and the Sea Foam cleans it and it ends up in your fuel bowl like on your boat motor.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #19 - 09/16/11 at 06:49:08

"Super Heavy-duty Insect Treatment"
Where do you get this stuff?

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #20 - 09/16/11 at 07:27:57

arteacher wrote on 09/16/11 at 06:49:08:

From long years of effort finely honing an obtuse sense of humor, tainted by a half-million miles on motorcycles, blowing things up while inverted and supersonic, thousands of hours of flying around in little airplanes with the other "pilot" trying to kill me, 43 years of being married to the wrong woman, the frustration of being only halfway through my quest of expending a trailer-load of 9mm, and a lifetime of combatting the spread of liberalism.

Where do you get YOUR stuff?

Grin

p.s. -- did you even notice the acronym?

IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #21 - 09/16/11 at 08:19:25

It's becoming such a joy to come here daily and watch the kids argue over the least little thing. I wonder if the Honda and Yamaha and Harley forums have as much fun as we do here?

Gyrobob, only 1/2 of a trailer full of 9mm?? You got some catching up to do, son. I'm at 3/4 and only 55 years old.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #22 - 09/16/11 at 08:41:51

drums1 wrote on 09/16/11 at 08:19:25:
It's becoming such a joy to come here daily and watch the kids argue over the least little thing. I wonder if the Honda and Yamaha and Harley forums have as much fun as we do here?

Gyrobob, only 1/2 of a trailer full of 9mm?? You got some catching up to do, son. I'm at 3/4 and only 55 years old.

Hey,.. I'm talkin' a semi-truck trailer here!!

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #23 - 09/16/11 at 12:43:40

Gyrobob wrote on 09/16/11 at 07:27:57:
arteacher wrote on 09/16/11 at 06:49:08:

From long years of effort finely honing an obtuse sense of humor, tainted by a half-million miles on motorcycles, blowing things up while inverted and supersonic, thousands of hours of flying around in little airplanes with the other "pilot" trying to kill me, 43 years of being married to the wrong woman, the frustration of being only halfway through my quest of expending a trailer-load of 9mm, and a lifetime of combatting the spread of liberalism.

Where do you get YOUR stuff?

Grin

p.s. -- did you even notice the acronym?

Yes I noticed the acronym. My  tongue was in my cheek. It was a joke. Grin
BTW I flew a friends Chipmunk a few times- inverted even. I imagine you did your combat flying in 'Nam?

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #24 - 09/16/11 at 12:59:52

Quote:
Yes I noticed the acronym. My  tongue was in my cheek. It was a joke. Grin
BTW I flew a friends Chipmunk a few times- inverted even. I imagine you did your combat flying in 'Nam?

Chipmunks are cool.  I almost got a ride in one at an airshow, but the weather screwed everything up.

I just missed 'Nam.  My brother was there '67-'71 in Dustoff helos (medevac).  Was shot down 7 times.  That was enough for both of us, he used to explain.

The only stuff I ever blew up were drones, towed targets, range targets (buses, dumpsters, old buildings) etc.

First F-4 job was in Iceland in '74.  If you ever have chance to live there, pass it up.  

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #25 - 09/16/11 at 16:19:19

OK- I cleaned the carb by taking the top off and soaking it with carb cleaner and Seafoam cleaner. Put it all back together. Put fresh gas in it and started it up. Man there was a lot of smoke from the cleaner. Took it out for a spin (drum role please).............
PERFECT! Smiley Smiley Smiley
It's amazing how much better they run sans spider.
Thanks for all your help guys.
And the funeral for the spider is tomorrow. He is already embalmed. Grin

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #26 - 09/16/11 at 18:35:12

bill67 wrote on 09/16/11 at 06:20:34:
Routy you get black stuff in your carb from gasohol and the Sea Foam cleans it and it ends up in your fuel bowl like on your boat motor.

Yeah, except, the black was black paint chips, and it was a black Mercury motor, and the fact is that seafoam did nothing to even begin to break it up.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #27 - 09/17/11 at 05:01:27

Gyrobob wrote on 09/16/11 at 08:41:51:
drums1 wrote on 09/16/11 at 08:19:25:

Hey,.. I'm talkin' a semi-truck trailer here!!

OH. I was talking a double semi trailer. 1 full one and 1/2 of the second one. That would be 3/4 of the total, right?

Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 22:20:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Running rough.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.