Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Recommended Front/Rear Stands and Lifts (Read 130 times)
nooner
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Recommended Front/Rear Stands and Lifts
09/14/11 at 11:23:21

Apologies if this topic has already been addressed.  My wife is learning to ride on an '02 we just purchased and she's loving it.  I was wondering what stands members have used for maintenance.  I do have a lift which I use with my cruiser but I am not sure I can use it with the Savage without damaging the exhaust.  Thanks for your help.

IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Re: Recommended Front/Rear Stands and Lifts
Reply #1 - 09/14/11 at 11:29:46

i bought the $25 rear lift from harbor freight - used it when i had to change the back tire - worked great and cheap.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
HJH

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cheyenne, WY
Reply #2 - 09/14/11 at 13:34:16

I bought the $99 motorcycle lift from Harbor Freight, and put under the Savage it doesn't damage anything, but I usually put a tie-down on it from the bike to the  lift in case I do something stupid.  Nothing from the exhaust really sticks down below the frame on my Savage except the muffler mount.  Are you certain your cruiser lift won't work?  When  the lift is placed under the muffler mount and the frame in front of the muffler, nothing is damaged on the exhaust of my Savage when it is lifted.

Silver '02, Dyna, Raptor Petcock, VM carb at 6000 ft, Q2 needle, 12.5 pilot, 170 main, UFO, Verslavy, Pirelli 150/90, Plexistar 2 Windshield, K&N filter, Tourmaster II bag, Progressive Shocks
  IP Logged
nooner
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 09/14/11 at 17:07:09

weracerc wrote on 09/14/11 at 11:29:46:
i bought the $25 rear lift from harbor freight - used it when i had to change the back tire - worked great and cheap.

Thanks weracerc.  That's a great price too.

IP Logged
nooner
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 09/14/11 at 17:17:37

HJH wrote on 09/14/11 at 13:34:16:
I bought the $99 motorcycle lift from Harbor Freight, and put under the Savage it doesn't damage anything, but I usually put a tie-down on it from the bike to the  lift in case I do something stupid.  Nothing from the exhaust really sticks down below the frame on my Savage except the muffler mount.  Are you certain your cruiser lift won't work?  When  the lift is placed under the muffler mount and the frame in front of the muffler, nothing is damaged on the exhaust of my Savage when it is lifted.

Thanks HJH.  I haven't tried my lift on the Savage.  When I got down on my hands and knees to check things out, the underside just didn't look "lift-friendly".  My cruiser has an even metal frame on the underside which makes the lifting quite smooth.  It's great knowing it can be done - thanks.  I'll use your reference points and tie some string around my finger so that I don't forget the tie-down.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #5 - 09/15/11 at 06:09:35

I bought a standard bike lift from Canadian Tire. I have lifted front, back and entire bike using the exhaust bracket and have had no problem.http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/AutoTools/CreepersJacksStands/PR...

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
dinsdale

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #6 - 09/15/11 at 09:53:17

arteacher wrote on 09/15/11 at 06:09:35:
I bought a standard bike lift from Canadian Tire. I have lifted front, back and entire bike using the exhaust bracket and have had no problem.http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/AutoTools/CreepersJacksStands/PR...

My neighbour has that one and we use it for all required lifting of my '02.

IP Logged
nooner
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 09/15/11 at 10:50:33

Thanks arteacher and dinsdale.  I have the very same Canadian Tire lift.  I guess I was fretting in vain.  I can now begin to lift with confidence.  Thanks again.

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #8 - 09/15/11 at 18:26:48

nooner, in technical section under index look up diy in the list of topics. Plans and pics available.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
nooner
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 09/15/11 at 19:43:01

Boofer wrote on 09/15/11 at 18:26:48:
nooner, in technical section under index look up diy in the list of topics. Plans and pics available.

Thanks for the tip Boofer!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 00:28:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Recommended Front/Rear Stands and Lifts

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.