Send Topic Print
Kids Just Want to Ride (Read 85 times)
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Kids Just Want to Ride
09/13/11 at 15:52:46

I know there was another thread started about this subject a while back but I can't seem to find it now. Well anyhow.

So ya'll have heard, that there was a bill about lead in children's toys and it had the unintentional affect because of wording that caused youth motorcycles to be outlawed because of lead in the batteries and stupid stuff like that.

Well, good news. That bill has been re-done that exempts youth motorcycles from the bill so children's bikes are now available again.

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/News/11-08-12/Obama_signs_lead_law-exempt...

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Re: Kids Just Want to Ride
Reply #1 - 09/13/11 at 16:19:15

I never ate paint when I was a kid, what's wrong with kids today!!!   Tongue

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 09/13/11 at 23:48:02

Yippeee,,  thats great,,BUT, it should never have been a problem,, BUT,, who is surprised by the Goobs doing something Stupid? You guys do know that lightbulbs as weve known them all our lives are going to be getting hard to get, right?

&, OUt of the article//

The CPSIA, which went into effect on Feb. 10, 2009, banned the making, importing, distributing or selling of any product intended for children 12 and under, including kids' dirtbikes and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), that contained more than a specified amount of lead in any accessible part that might be ingested.

hat contained more than a specified amount of lead in any accessible part that might be ingested.

Ive never been tempted in the least to eat or even lick any part of a motorcycle.. have you?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 09/14/11 at 01:27:51

Oh yeah! Like I'm the only guy in here who just happens to like a large glass of flat latex wall paint with a good meal occasionally!

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 09/15/11 at 18:34:15

Malcom Smith of trials bike fame and featured oin "On Any Sunday" has a dealership. I saw him on tv selling motorcycles and telling them to come and get him. I never heard any more, but the tv guy said he sold three children's bikes that day. Good for him!

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 08:24:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Kids Just Want to Ride

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.