Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BY WAY OF AN INTRODUCTION.. (Read 97 times)
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

BY WAY OF AN INTRODUCTION..
09/13/11 at 11:58:32

HEY KIDS,
I'm new here (can't you tell...)
I've gotten in over my head with a new project, and will probably be posting lots of questions later, but I wanted to give you guys a brief overview before things get started...
I have a friend/client who's a pretty serious custom bike builder; he's been working in Mass for 15 years or so, and he's offered to build me something fun in trade for some work I am doing for him. He found a running 94 Savage for $250, and I said HELL YEAH!

A lot of you guys are building Ryca kit bikes of one sort or another, and those are pretty cool, but I want something more one-of-a-kind, and more vintage looking; especially since I have this guy's skills and his shop and resources to take advantage of. Although I don't want outrageous or frankenstien-ish either. I want something I will actually RIDE, ya know?

You've probably all seen the black British Cafe Savage; I've seen it's picture posted here a few times, but no one seems to know who built it, or at least I haven't found out anything about it yet, but that one really sends me, so that's my starting point.

I have a different tank from a 69 or so T350 that i plan to use, and I definitely want 18' wheels front and back, and I gotta do something about that front brake! (anyone know anything about an SV650 Caliper conversion, speak up!) Still thinking about all the other details...

I haven't even laid eyes on this guys donor bike yet, so this is WAY early; I just wanted to say HI, and Thanks in advance; I've already gleaned a HUGE ton of information from this forum (Really like the way it is organized... Cheers!) so you've already been very helpful.

Here's a link to my early Photoshop Mock-up below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67484932@N07/6145069276/in/photostream

« Last Edit: 09/13/11 at 13:46:10 by verslagen1 »  
  IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: BY WAY OF AN INTRODUCTION..
Reply #1 - 09/13/11 at 12:05:31

Sorry kids... Photos not working for me right now, and the baby's awake... I'll have to get back to y'all later...
Here's the original one from Flickr, maybe this will work...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8204489@N05/492515984/

If anyone knows of any more info or links to this bike, let me know. It looks like it's British to me; looking at the license plate. European at least...

« Last Edit: 09/13/11 at 13:20:11 by teabowl13 »  
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #2 - 09/13/11 at 12:09:27

Welcome Teabowl. In the technical documents section, there is a link on how to post pics. It doesn't work for me. It puts extra brackets around the image line. [[image].........] or some dam thing. Easiest way is to upload pics to photobucket. Once in an albumn there, you click on the pic you want to insert here and a drop box comes up. Choose the bottom one. It copy's pic to your clipboard. Then come here--open the post-a-reply box and right click by cursur. Then click "paste". Voila.
Tip: resize your pics to about 400kb to fit the page here best.

Tip #2: Most of the guys here are not necessarily "kids".   Lol.

IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 09/13/11 at 12:26:46

I haven't used my Photobucket account in years... I'll have to explore that later tonight...

Tip #2; Yeah, I was kidding ya Kiddo...
At 43 I feel like a Spring Chicken around here, but that's good for me, and I'm always impressed and glad to see guys older than me still riding and having a good time with it. Gives me hope!

IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #4 - 09/13/11 at 12:38:42

I hear ya. I'm 55 and will ride as long as my body and my bike allow me to.

IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 09/13/11 at 12:55:30

IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #6 - 09/13/11 at 13:02:54

Welcome aboard TeaBowl!  Sorry, can't help much with the RYCA stuff, I'm pretty much a stocker.  NOT a stalker, a stocker.  Make that a stock-man, 'cept I don't have cow-sh!t on my boots, at least not right now! Wink

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:21:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › BY WAY OF AN INTRODUCTION..

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.