Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Magnetic Drain Plugs. Visual Proof They Work! (Read 438 times)
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Magnetic Drain Plugs. Visual Proof They Work!
09/12/11 at 08:25:20

Fom my own experience of over 30 years using magnets to collect the ferrous metal parts floating around in engines, rear ends ,gear boxes trannys etc. Seeing all the stuff stuck on them that HAS been removed from causing further wear has proved to me they WORK to remove this stuff that gets past the filter, if the bike has a filter, some old bikes did not so the magnet was the filter!!! Rear ends and gearboxes dont have filters either.
Jay Leno, Mat Malidin and many other smart people use them.

Here is a link with video to prove they work, others are out there also. I found this while reading on the Royal Enfield site.

http://www.magneticoildrainplugs.co.uk/Technical_Video_Magnetic_Oil_Drain_Plu...
http://www.magneticdrainplugs.com/
http://www.drainplugmagnets.com/

« Last Edit: 09/13/11 at 05:58:11 by Drifter »  
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: Magnetic Drain Plugs. Visual Proof They Work!
Reply #1 - 09/12/11 at 19:42:11

Drifter wrote on 09/12/11 at 08:25:20:
Fom my own experience of over 30 years using magnets to collect the ferrous metal parts floating around in engines, rear ends ,gear boxes trannys etc. Seeing all the stuff stuck on them that HAS been removed from causing further wear has proved to me they WORK to remove this stuff that gets past the filter, if the bike has a filter, some old bikes did not so the magnet was the filter!!! Rear ends and gearboxes dont have filters either.

Here is a link with video to prove they work, others are out there also. I found this while reading on the Royal Enfield site.

Marvelous.  Next time I have a lot of tupperware I want to protect from the dreaded excessive iron filing build-up disaster, I'll know how to do it.  The problem is, though, that my wife really gets her panties in a wad when I drill holes in her tupperware.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #2 - 09/12/11 at 20:11:10

I have proof it works, because I've seen the crud attached to mine when I change my oil...

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #3 - 09/13/11 at 05:20:41

mmosel wrote on 09/12/11 at 20:11:10:
I have proof it works, because I've seen the crud attached to mine when I change my oil...

All that proves is that you have crud on your schmagnet.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 09/13/11 at 05:41:02

Anyone else use a magnetic drain plug and noticed the metal bits stuck on it like seen in the video?  Like i said before and the folks selling this plug would you rather have the metal moving around in your engine or stuck on that magnet?  Read what they say about it.

I like my engines, trannys gearboxes rearends to last as long as possible so i use magnets in all of them and it works.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #5 - 09/13/11 at 05:53:48

Yes they do work I've used them for years.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #6 - 09/13/11 at 07:05:01

thumperclone and suzi both have them..yes they work Wink

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #7 - 09/13/11 at 07:23:50

Gyrobob wrote on 09/12/11 at 19:42:11:
Drifter wrote on 09/12/11 at 08:25:20:

Marvelous.  Next time I have a lot of tupperware I want to protect from the dreaded excessive iron filing build-up disaster, I'll know how to do it.  The problem is, though, that my wife really gets her panties in a wad when I drill holes in her tupperware.

Gyro- I wish you would keep your caustic mouth shut if you can't participate in a positive way. It seems to me that you look for posts just to make snide remarks on them. Get a life.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #8 - 09/13/11 at 07:48:17

Been around for many years, I wouldn't knock them, but I don't know that I would ever buy them either. I have never used one, and I have never had an engine.....or gear box failure either,......in fact I have never even wore out an engine. I'm kinda thinking if it was needed,......or saved having a problem, it would have already had one as OEM.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #9 - 09/13/11 at 08:11:03

Routy wrote on 09/13/11 at 07:48:17:
Been around for many years, I wouldn't knock them, but I don't know that I would ever buy them either. I have never used one, and I have never had an engine.....or gear box failure either,......in fact I have never even wore out an engine. I'm kinda thinking if it was needed,......or saved having a problem, it would have already had one as OEM.

Some manufacturers do. I had a Toyota Land Cruiser that had one everywhere there was an oil drain plug. Both diffs, motor, transmission and transfer. There was always a bit of steel dust on them when I changed fluids. They would let you know if you had a chipped tooth on a gear, if nothing else.

« Last Edit: 09/13/11 at 11:00:39 by arteacher »  

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 09/13/11 at 08:44:23

Seems like cheap insurance to me.
$10, doesn't wear out.
Pulls ferous metals out of the oil regardless of the size of the partical.
Filter will capture only things larger than 40 microns.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 09/13/11 at 08:50:02

I dont see how it could ever be a bad idea..reasonable costs, & it just mite actually do some good,., Im good with magnets,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #12 - 09/13/11 at 09:21:38

One of my motorcycles came stock with on I don't remember which one.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
jjn

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Keaau, Hi. USA
Reply #13 - 09/13/11 at 11:28:48

To me it's a no-brainer.  I'd rather have the metal particles collect on a cleanable magnet than go where they will inside my motor.

Jon in Puyallup, Wa. USA
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #14 - 09/13/11 at 11:54:18

I bet if I put one in my bike it would collect lots of engine parts......j/k. Having been an auto mechanic for 23 years, I have seen many magnetic plugs in various places. I have never seen one come out clean, even when the oil looks clean. They may not get every little thing, but anything it picks up is a good thing. If you have ever dropped an automotive tranny pan, there is a magnetic disc in there. Coated with metalic sludge every single time, without fail.

arteacher.....+1

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 12:24:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Magnetic Drain Plugs. Visual Proof They Work!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.