Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Insurance companies suck! (Read 134 times)
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Insurance companies suck!
09/10/11 at 00:32:18

3 weeks and one day after the accident the police report FINALY got in.
Course the other party has YET to contact their insurance company??
Seems like all i've got is excuses and the run around so far.
Being its MY transportation i got to get it back on the road. Createing undue hardship. So i got to start finding and installing parts to get her back on the road, insurance companies be d@mned!
Really disappointed in state farm. Think i may be looking to change.
I get mad every time state farm puts a commercial on saying their so great now.

Was hard enough to get things done with the truck and the bike. Been pretty much impossibe for 3 weeks now with just the truck. And i cant use it till the ole lady gets home after 4. Made it impossible to fix the driveline on the brush hog or run errands.
Now got a cousin died and no way 4 people are fitting in the truck to drive 70 miles one way for the visitation then the funeral.

I did'nt think much of insurance companies to start with. I really really hate em now. Did'nt need this cr@p right after my surgeries either.

Anyone know what the price is on a set of oem s40 shocks is?

IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Re: Insurance companies suck!
Reply #1 - 09/10/11 at 04:50:38

Someone around here might have a pair available, who knows. Otherwise, you can find used Intruder shocks on Ebay, but they are longer and they will lift up your rear a bit. Sometimes you can find s40 shocks on Ebay as well, if someone is parting out a bike

I don't really care for State Farm and their advertising BS.
I had them when I was in high school. A police officer gave me a ticket for failing to stop at a stop sign, only problem was, I stopped. Not only did I stop, I stopped extra long. The officer was just looking for a reason to pull me over. State Farm dropped me like a hot potato after that ticket. I was so pissed. ( I did have one other ticket that year, was a tinted window ticket! ) I vowed never to use them again.
There, now I've got that off my chest...

Good luck getting your bike back on the road...

IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 09/10/11 at 06:10:50

I have some stock shocks if you want to go that route.

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #3 - 09/10/11 at 08:23:07

Wolfman, it doesn't seem to matte well in my opinion,
which insurance company you use, none of them get
in a big hurry to dole out money to you.
Then if your late with premium payment to them, oh yeah
they will cancel your arse quicker than you can butter a
hot biscuit..
My accident was March 20, 2010. Dr finally released me
March 1, 2011 as was healed from surgery and such..
Still nothing from her insurance company.
Yes I have a lawyer and it will be sometime yet as all records
and such has to be gone over.
They did total and pay off my bike. That was the good so far.
We got replacement parts and fixed her up and she runs
great.
It takes patience and belive me I know how ticked off one can get.
Hang in there as much as you can.
Hugs and I do hope your situation is resolved soon and in a positive manner.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #4 - 09/10/11 at 09:35:53

I have Safeco and the cycle insurance part seems to work well. When I hit the stopped lady in AZ last winter she had been contacted the next day and the 2nd day they called me to see if I wanted to file on my comprehensive. Not all parts for the sidecar were available so I used a fender I had in inventory and didn't file a claim as the deductible was $250. Now in my experience the homeowners part is terrible. We have everything insured with them, vehicles, 2 hoses and bikes. Took days to even get a contact when the A/C compressor broke on the AZ house in 110+.  deg temps. Didn't tell us promptly that we had to send written permission notarized that our house sitter could act in our behalf for that problem. She had to move in with family and it took over a month to finally get it fixed.  B-i-L has same company and they paid promptly on their flooded hardwood floor from a broken hot water heater and when the brakes on his towed behind the motor home Honda Pilot got applied while driving some how, they paid over $6k to fix that when he didn't expect it. So some adjusters must do a better job than others. I couldn't save what the TV ads claim on the vehicle part or they would be paying me to be theri customer. Bikes (2) are $91 year. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #5 - 09/10/11 at 10:38:10

Thing is i dont do paypal or ebay. Seen to many people have problems and im kinda paticular who i give my finacial info to.

I got ONE phone call from my insurance company. Ive had to make every other call and i HAVE called them a couple of times every week so far. Usualy got the run around.
Cant believe the incident report took 3 weeks.
They just had a firetruck accident near me and it took them all of 3 days to get that one?????

Has been looking like the kid didnt have a valid policy, still not sure he does. His insurance company didnt know squat about the incident untill mine called them. He STILL has'nt contacted his company.
Sounds like the police report is fouled up as well.
I got sideswiped basicly all down my left side. Police report supposedly states i got hit in the REAR of the bike??
So getting a copy of that mailed to me and may yet be another fight.

Im so tired of waiting and being screwed around im not waiting no more. Need my ride BAD!
Got to start working on it anyway to make sure there aint nothing real major wrong. Told me to leave it alone and i did as they said. Bunch of BS. May be looking for me another insurance company soon for everything. Bike quad, truck ect.

Insurance companies, nothing but a money makeing scam.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 09/10/11 at 10:43:12

Many will not respond, not because they dont care, but because they, like I,, just dont know what to say.. Sorry youve been having so many troubles.. I could name an insurance company that has done me right, but theyre part of something I dont agree with & I wont use them again,, I wont recommend them, they did a great job when my bike got mashed, but theyre part of the globalist agenda,,  so,, Im done with them,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #7 - 09/10/11 at 12:55:28

Sorry to hear about the hassle you're experiencing with state farm. Perhaps give Geico a try.

When I got back from Central America a few years ago, I'm driving up to the house and see the bike cover ripped to shreds. Long story short: big storm, bike down with busted lights, scratched chrome etc. I had full coverage with Geico. They sent an adjuster out and I received a check for a bit over $1000.00 in a very short time. Being that I paid around $1000 for my '87, no bad feelings there. I Just can't do full coverage any longer, but feel like I'm ahead of the game.

Not long ago a sanitation broom knocked the bike over. Snapped signals and a few scratches. The town sent me a check for around $250 for that one. Maybe someone else will knock it over so I can get a bunch more work done on it Roll Eyes

FSO
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #8 - 09/10/11 at 13:36:44

"Maybe someone else will knock it over so I can get a bunch more work done on it"
I had a '69 pontiac that got rear ended (new rear bumper and valance), cornered on the left front (new fender), cornered on the right front (new bumper and fender), and  drivers door done in a parking lot (new door), all within a year, and all paid for by other peoples insurance.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #9 - 09/10/11 at 14:56:18

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/10/11 at 10:43:12:
Many will not respond, not because they dont care, but because they, like I,, just dont know what to say.. Sorry youve been having so many troubles.. I could name an insurance company that has done me right, but theyre part of something I dont agree with & I wont use them again,, I wont recommend them, they did a great job when my bike got mashed, but theyre part of the globalist agenda,,  so,, Im done with them,,

I'm guessing you mean Progressive. They have that big brother driving habits recorder spy bot. Are you serious? Really? Bleep that nuts!

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #10 - 09/10/11 at 15:09:39

I tell ya what, im finding out theres a LOT of harley parts that are a lot cheaper then the oem parts for our 'economy' bikes.
213 for ONE oem suzuki shock.
I can get a good set of new air ride shocks(harley) for 150-175. Thats just plain not right.

Been a bigger more expensive bike id of had full coverage. Being a small economy bike i figured id move up in a year or two so i just carried liability with extra medical. Thats bit me in the arse, especialy if the cell phone useing punk dont have insurance as it looks.
Ive NOT had a good summer...lol

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 09/10/11 at 15:35:42

mmosel wrote on 09/10/11 at 14:56:18:

I'm guessing you mean Progressive. They have that big brother driving habits recorder spy bot. Are you serious? Really? Bleep that nuts!

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding,

We have a Winnnah!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #12 - 09/10/11 at 16:11:56

Since you don't have Comp. or Collision with State Farm, they don't have any skin in this game and they won't get involved. It's strictly up to you, the other guy and his insurance company (assuming he has one).

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #13 - 09/10/11 at 19:36:41

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/10/11 at 15:35:42:
mmosel wrote on 09/10/11 at 14:56:18:

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding,

We have a Winnnah!

The day every insurance company requires that.. will be the final death nail in liberty and freedom for the individual human being. Not that they can't do it already from your cell phone - if you have that gps thing on. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it happened in 10 years, unless things turn around. Police State, anyone?

Oh, and I'm not sure about Oregon yet, or other states. But in Cali, recently, the companies are now in cahoots with the DMV. If you're insurance lapses, you get a letter from the DMV threatening suspension of your registration. This NEVER happened back in the 90's and early 00s. Don't get me wrong, I think everyone needs insurance. But I don't want corporate america pulling DMV strings and living in a freaking nanny state. No thanks.

Give me liberty or give me death. Seriously.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 09/10/11 at 20:06:55

Then you better vote Ron Paul.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:21:18

General CategoryThe Cafe › Insurance companies suck!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.