Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Evil Bad Website -- Dangerous to your wallet (Read 477 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Evil Bad Website -- Dangerous to your wallet
09/09/11 at 09:55:30

http://www.airgunsdaily.com/

Every little boy wanted him a better BB gun, every adult man wanted and bought him a better pellet rifle.  

Admit it, you all own one.

This is a dangerous place because it puts one gun on sale a day, at prices over 50% off where you can buy them on the net.

Sometimes refurbed, sometimes overstock new.

I bought a BB machine gun that I wanted a while back for $55 and then I saw a Ruger Air Magnum scope combo for $79 jest a few days ago.  

A $200+ dollar 1,400 fps RUGER air magnum with Ruger laser marked all over it -- $79.  

A pellet rifle with a scope that can break the sound barrier with a normal lead pellet, or toss a 10.5 grain .177 super heavy pellet right below the sound barrier (much more accurate, that).  

RABBIT PENETRATION POWER       Wink

All for less than 1/3 the normal cost of the gun.

Put it up on your Firefox link bar and visit it every day to see what else comes up that can float yer boat ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Evil Bad Website -- Dangerous to your wallet
Reply #1 - 09/09/11 at 10:04:08

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 09/09/11 at 09:55:30:
A $200+ dollar 1,400 fps RUGER air magnum with Ruger laser marked all over it -- $79.   [/highlight]

I could use that for a FN bird, keeps crappin' on my car.  Not your normally bird crap either, never seen a bird w/hemmoroids before eat exlax.   Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 09/09/11 at 11:14:59

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #3 - 09/09/11 at 14:07:28

Good score Oldfeller, congratulations  Wink

verslagen1 wrote on 09/09/11 at 10:04:08:
I could use that for a FN bird, keeps crappin' on my car.  Not your normally bird crap either, never seen a bird w/hemmoroids before eat exlax.   Shocked

It is your moral obligation, nay your duty to put that bird out of its misery!

I am going to lose man-points here, but the Benj 392 is more than adequate for pest control.

I used to have a scoped RWS54, but then I realized I don't need to hit a rodent in the eyeball at 50 yards when my property isn't 50 yards anywhere.  

If that bird is a crow, that's another story.. sneaky bastards.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #4 - 09/09/11 at 15:00:09

It's here -- looks brand new.  

Never been fired, did not have any soot from early shot dieseling in the barrel, so it was never fired.   Never been lubed or oiled either -- still fairly dry from factory assembly.

Put it the scope on it and think I see why this one was returned originally -- scope rail does not line up with the articulated barrel very well.

This would stop a normal user as soon as the scope ran out of adjustment but true old style gun nuts have experience and resources far beyond those of normal mortals.

Go to the gun chest of drawers and pull out my scope mount & rings shoe box and dig dig dig -- Aha!  Knew I had a pair taken off an old rifle !!   Millet, the windage adjustable/tunable rings par excellence.

Ok, got scope on gun is lubed and I am ready for the first shot.  Go to cocke it -- un-huh, you ain't cockeing this gun with just one hand.  50-60 pounds of cockeing force means old men use two hands and the floor.

Put in the extra heavy Crosman Premier 10.6 grain pellet, smooth the skirt and closed her up.   Keeerack !!  Puff of smoke says she dieseled off the factory grease in the piston area.   Plus, she broke the sound barrier even with the heavy pellet.   Dieseling is expected on a new gun, sometimes it takes a while for the excess lube to work its way out of the chamber.

Shot it 10 times and gave it a break -- long muscle (right side) that runs from shoulder to lower back is twinging and that tells me its time to stop for tonight.

Cheesy         I love this shite !!!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 09/09/11 at 15:10:57

Thanks, when can you send it to me?

Roll Eyes      To arrange shipment details, go here ....      http://www.airgunsdaily.com/

« Last Edit: 09/09/11 at 16:14:19 by Oldfeller--FSO »  
WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #6 - 09/09/11 at 15:15:02

I used to have one of the old open sight Crosman 8 pumps (same gun as your Benjamin 392) in .22 but my eyes require a scope to do anything much any more.

Or a red dot, which is what I have on the Umarex Steel Storm BB machine gun.   Put it in 6 round burst mode, drop the glowing dot on it and squeeze the trigger.  Gun will walk up a bit, so your vertical hold over for longer shots is automatically accomplished for you.

Put the dot on it again and spray it with six more -- BBs are cheap !!

Still, 30 yard distances you are describing fit the Steel Storm more than the Ruger AirMag -- Ruger carries punch power and accuracy that ask for 50 yards or more to show it's stuff correctly.

My back 40 extends out to 100 yards and I have shot a crow with my old break barrel at 80 yards (through and through -- crows aren't very solid).  Rabbits need a bit more killing and squirrels sometimes take a whole lot of killing.

Only .177 bore size one shot kills I ever got on a squirrel were with these little Crosman Destroyer "open and invert & tumble on impact"  jobbies.   They don't through and through, you find them under the skin on the far side ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #7 - 09/09/11 at 19:20:10

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 09/09/11 at 15:15:02:

I used to have one of the old open sight Crosman 8 pumps (same gun as your Benjamin 392) in .22 but my eyes require a scope to do anything much any more.

Heh heh. Yep.  I knew something was up when I bought a new 392 and somehow it just wasn't the same as when I was a kid.  The difference being, the old eyeball will not focus well enough on the blade, front sight, and the thing to be shot at.  Sure, you can farkle out a 392 with a scope and all, but what's the point.  You could also put a scope on a slingshot, or Ohlins suspension on a Savage for that matter.  I didn't want to make my pellet gun all fragile and worth more in modifications than its original price.    

So as a halfway measure, I put on a Williams peep sight.  No fancy fluorescent stuff, just a ring with windage/elevation adjustments.  Somehow, the mind puts the front sight right in the middle of that fuzzy ring, and accuracy is very good.  I can nail a 1-inch diameter at about 15 yards with it and could easily demolish a rodent skull at that distance, killing it humanely if not instantly.  Low budget, just-enough firepower there.                          

Anyways, have a plinkin' great weekend! Cheesy

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #8 - 09/12/11 at 08:31:15

Plinkin's done, dieseling's done (takes about 25 shots for the excess lube on the piston and chamber walls to vaporize and exit the barrel).   Scope is sighted and is stable (on big springers this is an issue) and my most accurate pellet is a Crosman Premier 10.5 grain Heavy bought in a brown cardboard box with 1,250 match grade pellets of the same lot # in the foam pocket inside the box.  

Gots me a lifetime supply of the same lot # I do ....

Shot #1 from a cold barrel and follow up shot #2 are on center and a half inch high to my shortest shooting range and spot on for my longest shooting range which means this sucker shoots purty durn flat compared to my past spring barrel air rifle.

The first shot and the follow up shot are 1/2" away from each other at my max shooting range, second shot tending offset to the right.   I am pretty sure it is me operating the break barrel as you have to side load it some when c ocking it (I can't say c ock or any variant of it on this site of course -- too narsty for the list software to tolerate) but this level of accuracy is plenty good enough for squirrels as even when shot good they run and keep running until they drop dead from blood loss.

This is with a very heavy 10.5 grain .177 pellet -- gun goes hypersonic with all lighter pellets and pellets don't do hypersonic very accurately.  I tried to group the Crosman Destroyers, but that was me jest kidding myself as a oddly shaped nosed light hypersonic pellet has everything stacked against it.

Power and penetration are considerable -- breezes right on through a soft pine 2x4 thinwise but does not do that end wise which would have been too too scary for my taste.

I'm happy.  $79 bought me a very powerful, very accurate gun that gives me an old man's cardio work out every time I shoot it.  

I did my shoulder and back exercise for today, Dr. and I do them religiously several times a week now.

I gotta be more mindful of where I point this thing when it is cocked.  A lap siding style outer wall may not stop it 100% of the time and I know durn well two layers of sheetrock in an interior wall wouldn't even slow it down very much.  

"No Ralphy, you'll put your eye out ....."  indeed, put your whole silly head out is more like it.          Grin   Grin

It is noisy -- about like a CB cap in a .22 rifle when not dieseling.   Oddly, it is smoother firing than my old springer and actually seems to jar less when fired.   Gun and stock is a lot heavier which may explain this somewhat, plus I expect they understand the springer mechanism a lot better than they did when they built my original springer.  

Trigger is much improved to my old gun, much much improved.

==================

OK, I got the grass to mow and some house repair stuff to do as my wife is getting ansy that I'm gonna go off for another week of bike riding -- she says yes in the weeks away period but gets apprehensive as the date approaches ....  she can't say she's afraid I won't come back, so she rousts me about a bit just beforehand to make sure I know she doesn't like it very much.

Then I get to promise to call her every time I stop for gas.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 09/12/11 at 08:44:56

How do you feel about todays rifle?

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #10 - 09/12/11 at 09:21:57

State of the art in air rifles is amazing compared to only 5 years ago.

My original springer ate through 3 scopes until they started building springer air rifle specific scopes about 6 years ago.   Mine was "powerful" back then, but it is sorta pathetic now a days.

My current Ruger is a lot better gun, although it cost less than half of what I paid for my original springer back in the day.

State of the art air guns are over a thousand dollars and require a lot of expensive infrastructure to shoot them, but they raise the standards to amazing new heights every year.

Here is the state of the art FX Monsoon automatic .22 precharged gun busting up a concrete flagstone.   $1,500 buys you this sort of power & accuracy in a semi-auto 8 shot pull the trigger for the next shot type fully silenced gun.   (BTW, this air gun has been thought to be used several times by gangsters in Amsterdam to head shoot the other side's street level dope peddlers so restrictions on this air rifle are coming soon in the country of origin).

And that is on the small side of things.   The big side is Benjamin/Crosman with their computer controlled 9mm deer killing air rifle, once again at $1,500 a pop plus big infrastructure costs to play in that sort of gun.

Now, can my Ruger Air Magnum kill a hog or a deer if I wuz close enough to put one in it's ear or eyeball?    This was filmed with a Gamo, not a Ruger air magnum, but my gun tests at the same speed levels using the same heavy pellets that were used on this fairly close up shot to a pig's brain.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #11 - 09/23/11 at 16:19:07

Head Shot -- bushy tailed rat -- 25 yds -- thru & thru

(of course it was T&T, his head ain't made of ferro-concrete)

1st blood fer the Ruger Air Magnum!!!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #12 - 09/24/11 at 05:07:56

The title of this post should be "fun good website dangerous to game"  Cool

FSO
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #13 - 09/24/11 at 05:30:04

Or mebbe,

"The only difference between men and boys

is the size and expense of their favorite toys ...."

The rat was peering at me upside down from the lower side of a thick limb with only his ears, muzzle and his eyes showing.

(classical "you can't possibly see me" bushy tailed rat tactics)

9 power scope could see him just fine .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #14 - 09/24/11 at 05:40:54

My Benjamin model 247 pistol has well over 10,000 rounds thru it, Ive seen it be very accurate, Ive made some short range shots where I stacked pellet on pellet ( okay, not 100% perfect, but overlapped a bit), Ive had a great load of fun out of it, Had it a bit over 20 years, Didnt like the front sight, filed it down, put a groove in it, & soldered a roller out of a U joint in it,lm sure theres much better stuff out there, & this thing cost me almost 100 Waaay back then,,

THose 1500 rifles are impressive,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 05:29:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › Evil Bad Website -- Dangerous to your wallet

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.