Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Funny thing about this forum: (Read 360 times)
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: Funny thing about this forum:
Reply #15 - 09/07/11 at 05:07:30

verslagen1 wrote on 09/06/11 at 22:05:36:
Starlifter wrote on 09/06/11 at 21:14:58:
"Dozens have been chased away by your kind of fun."

Nonsense. No one is forced to read or participate in the Tall Table thread.

I can name 4 that were, insults that were carried a bit too far.

There are very few good things that come about from mortal combat.  Being shot at and surviving while some of your compadres did not, changes your perspective on things,.... forever.  Somehow, a comment here viewed as an insult, whether or not the insult was intended, just doesn't seem worthy of any real concern.  Just let any seemingly nasty comments bounce off.  Who cares?!  Not me.

Keep the big picture in mind here, nice people.  We are here in the best country ever, able to have the free time, finances, and overall freedom to play in a forum like this, and to own the toys (Savages) that tickle our fancy.  How could anything happen here that would be worthy of getting upset about?  

Chill.  Cool         This is fun. Grin              We are all buddies here.   Kiss

Anyone who disagrees with me can get f***ed and go to h**l.   Wink

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #16 - 09/07/11 at 06:11:08

Insults do rile some people, not me.  Being the brunt of hundreds of lawyer jokes for nearly 40 years has probably made me immune to all but the most personal insults.

Yet, I never understand why people think they have get nasty.  A case in point is my good buddy, Star.  There probably aren't two people more opposed to each other politcally, but we've shared many a great private message, and if I were ever in his neck of the woods, I wouldn't hesitate to offer to buy him a beer.

Because someone doesn't agree with you is no excuse for telling him that he's crazy, nuts, or similar comments.

Intellectual debates are not only fun, but we can all learn something for everyone.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #17 - 09/07/11 at 06:32:57

intellectual debates at the TT??
more like personal agenda rants and raves... should be called the outhouse

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #18 - 09/07/11 at 08:34:22

On the two other forums I participate in(www.audioasylum.com and www.fourthirdsphoto.com) personal insults are not tolerated. audioasylum had a section called "outside" where things like religion and politics where discussed but it got too out of hand and was discontinued. I personally believe that there should be NO personal insults allowed here as well. Sad

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 09/07/11 at 08:47:34

I personally believe that there should be NO personal insults allowed here as well. Sad

Really? No persona insults allowed? HA! Thats just Stewpid right there,, Wink

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #20 - 09/07/11 at 09:13:32

Go ahead and blow stupid arguments out of the water, you don't need to call, or imply the person stupid for making them.  Indulging in ad-hominems suggests that your position is weak and you need to substitute intimidation for real debate.  If your opponent doesn't have a logical pot to piss in, that will become evident enough once the issue is fleshed out.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 09/07/11 at 11:48:46

Let's throttle back here a little.....
The bottom line is  TT is just that, a Tall Table.
At a resturant, you generally have to ask to sit at the Tall Tables in the bar area. The online TT forum is sort of like that. You have to click the right spot to go there, read comments, decide you want to post back, and then take the final step. Once you do all those steps, you are pretty much accepting what comes your way. If you don't like it, don't sit at that table. No one's twisting arms. We've got enough politically correct rules in this world about censorship, we don't need another one.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #22 - 09/07/11 at 11:55:32

No one every called Web stupid. Smiley

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #23 - 09/07/11 at 12:08:39

You guys always revert to that argument.  Well you don't have to go thru 6 doors and show your id to get into the TT.  This dive is built like the walton mansion and everyone knows what grandpa had for dinner no matter how many pillows you got.

Many topics are discussed and yes it is enticing.  Then a off comment or two is said, chairs are thrown, blood is spilt, and people leave.  I'll have to agree that it's much better now then it was before.  But I'm not about to relive history, I won't forget.

WWW   IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #24 - 09/07/11 at 13:25:07

I am one of the "have done" and "could tell"......"been there & done that" folks........but I like the way the "way more experienced" folks tell us "semi-lethal-with-tools-doofi"........ "how to"..........is this confusing?....how do you think my reply on "how to" would read?.........that is why i leave to the few who have pefected "how to tell how to"....why should I re-invent that wheel? it rolls just fine the way it is.

Thanks to
Verslagen, Lancer, Bot, J2 and the rest of the "Circle of Trust" we all know to call on when we dont know "how to"

and yes almost anyone can discuss current events-food-fashion & fornication Shocked...that is unless they just crawled out from under a rock.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #25 - 09/07/11 at 13:27:42

weracerc wrote on 09/07/11 at 13:25:07:
I am one of the "have done" and "could tell"......"been there & done that" folks........but I like the way the "way more experienced" folks tell us "semi-lethal-with-tools-doofi"........ "how to"..........is this confusing?....how do you think my reply on "how to" would read?.........that is why i leave to the few who have pefected "how to tell how to"....why should I re-invent that wheel? it rolls just fine the way it is.

Thanks to
Verslagen, Lancer, Bot, J2 and the rest of the "Circle of Trust" we all know to call on when we dont know "how to"

+1,000,000,000,000 for all the help from these guys and others who help a rider in need Grin

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 09/07/11 at 15:11:30

Thanks Bill; coming from you that means something.
now, i'm going back to the tall table.
"Waitress...."

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #27 - 09/07/11 at 15:26:36

Chill.   Life is good.   It's just silly to get upset if someone gets nasty with you.    Here are some reasons why,...

--  If you allow someone to make you feel bad, you have just given them authority over your feelings.  Why do that???   YOU are the one who needs to be in charge of YOUR feelings, not some cretin spouting out insults!
--  When others observe a cretin spouting insults at a reasonable fellow, what do those others think about the "insulter" vs the "insulted" ????  They think poorly of the cretin, not the fellow who was insulted.  Additionally, they probably are rooting for the insulted one.
--  Life is good.  Insults hurled here mean so very little in the grand scheme of things.  The world will keep spinning around just fine if Boule'tard calls me a feckless crapweasel.  Who gives a phock?
--  Having some of the folks here be responsible for censoring various comments as being out of line is,… well,… censorship.   That’s a burdensome responsibility at least, and can reduce the flow of communication.
--  You should feel GOOD when you get someone so worked up he has to start slinging nasties at you.  When that happens, you have WON!!   Everyone else knows it as well.

Don’t Worry,.. Be Happy

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #28 - 09/07/11 at 15:37:42

Gyrobob wrote on 09/07/11 at 15:26:36:
Chill.   Life is good.   It's just silly to get upset if someone gets nasty with you.    Here are some reasons why,...

--  If you allow someone to make you feel bad, you have just given them authority over your feelings.  Why do that???   YOU are the one who needs to be in charge of YOUR feelings, not some cretin spouting out insults!
--  When others observe a cretin spouting insults at a reasonable fellow, what do those others think about the "insulter" vs the "insulted" ????  They think poorly of the cretin, not the fellow who was insulted.  Additionally, they probably are rooting for the insulted one.
--  Life is good.  Insults hurled here mean so very little in the grand scheme of things.  The world will keep spinning around just fine if Boule'tard calls me a feckless crapweasel.  Who gives a phock?
--  Having some of the folks here be responsible for censoring various comments as being out of line is,… well,… censorship.   That’s a burdensome responsibility at least, and can reduce the flow of communication.
--  You should feel GOOD when you get someone so worked up he has to start slinging nasties at you.  When that happens, you have WON!!   Everyone else knows it as well.

Don’t Worry,.. Be Happy

Hey! I KNOW that,,, but sometimes I just cant Help it,, & You telin me this just PISSES me AWPH sumthin Awphul!

Honestly,, Ive explained this very thing to my family,

The only way anyone can hurt my feelings is if I have Honored their opinion of me over my own..

Ive been in little exchanges with people & not gotten upset,, family asks why I wasnt miffed,, I explained that IF that stranger had offered me a Big Compliment, it wouldnt have made me feel good, because I dont know him, so I have no respect for his thinking, so a compliment from him means nothing, & since he isnt in a position to make me feel good, he isnt in a position to hurt me, either..

All that said,, youre still an EEEEEdiot,,  Wink

Gyro said
& If Boule calls me a feckless crapweasel.

Hey! Boule,, Ive read nearly everything hes said since hes been here,, & I dont think he's feckless,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #29 - 09/07/11 at 17:09:23

Gyrobob wrote on 09/07/11 at 15:26:36:
The world will keep spinning around just fine if Boule'tard calls me a feckless crapweasel.  Who gives a phock?

Oh you'll care, because that will signal when you need to start weaseling through crap piles to reclaim your fecks!   Cheesy

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 06:21:20

General CategoryThe Cafe › Funny thing about this forum:

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.