Send Topic Print
Fuel petcock (Read 895 times)
VOLKY
YaBB Newbies

2006 S-40 Boulevard

Florida
Re: Fuel petcock
Reply #15 - 09/09/11 at 15:38:50

like I said before, I just bought the bike three weeks ago. Wonder why they did what the did?

Looking at the pic, there are two lines (hoses) that connects to nothing. On my bike the left side is connected to the rear of the petcock. WoW, wonder what the old owner was thinkning about?

I will connect the vaccum line to the petcock and will see what happens. Will keep youo posted.

Thanks for all your help and advice. I do have the repair manual but does not explain much about the petcock.

IP Logged
VOLKY
YaBB Newbies

2006 S-40 Boulevard

Florida
Reply #16 - 09/12/11 at 20:13:44

Well, i connecte dthe vaccum line to the petcock and put clamps on them. Ran the bike for 100 miles in the "ON" position until ran out of gas. Switched to reserve position, and went to the gas station and fill up with 93 octane.

Seems to be working. The whole problem was that whoever (prior owner) disconnecte dthe vaccum line.

Thanks for all the help!!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #17 - 09/12/11 at 20:27:20

Cool!...
Nice to know somethings getting fixed around here...

Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #18 - 09/13/11 at 05:40:20

Volky,......you did it right,.....
He is one of few that didn't let "PP" (petcock paranoia) get to him,... run right out and spend $35 on a needless replacement petcock,........as so many do.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #19 - 09/13/11 at 11:40:58

Routy wrote on 09/13/11 at 05:40:20:
He is one of few that didn't let "PP" (petcock paranoia) get to him,... run right out and spend $35 on a needless replacement petcock,........as so many do.

Routy,... if you would write a disclaimer explaining why people shouldn't swap to a Raptor, and why they should keep, fix, or replace with a new stock one,... I would gladly add it to the Petcock test post in the Tech section, and credit it to you...
This way,.. you could stop your incessant ranting in every help post and just refer people to your opinion with a link...

If you choose to,... PM me the script you'd like to add...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #20 - 09/15/11 at 08:05:07

Volky, check your can chain tensioner your miles are up there...me thinks if the PO had those lines hooked up that way he certainly didn't check the cam chain...just my 2 cents

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Mattdw

Frisco, TX
Reply #21 - 09/15/11 at 09:14:15

VOLKY wrote on 09/12/11 at 20:13:44:
Seems to be working. The whole problem was that whoever (prior owner) disconnecte dthe vaccum line.

Same thing happened to me when I bought my first Savage, a '96...except I found another bonus a few days later. There was NO air filter in it either. Smiley

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #22 - 09/16/11 at 05:29:14

Well, i connecte dthe vaccum line to the petcock and put clamps on them. Ran the bike for 100 miles in the "ON" position until ran out of gas. Switched to reserve position, and went to the gas station and fill up with 93 octane.   ...........

Why 93 octane?

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #23 - 09/16/11 at 18:12:22

Serowbot wrote on 09/13/11 at 11:40:58:

Routy,... if you would write a disclaimer explaining why people shouldn't swap to a Raptor, and why they should keep, fix, or replace with a new stock one,... I would gladly add it to the Petcock test post in the Tech section, and credit it to you...
This way,.. you could stop your incessant ranting in every help post and just refer people to your opinion with a link...

Wow,.....seems I been reprimanded.
Hey Bot,....you on the rag or what ? Get over it,.....thank god I'm here to keep you guys in line ! Shocked  Roll Eyes

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
mojo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW MO
Reply #24 - 09/16/11 at 18:29:23

I'm starting to look at bikes.  One comment seems to be universal if it does not run: "It probably just needs some carb work"  Ya, it probably does, along with some other things.   Smiley  I ain't gripin', just enjoyin' the facts of life.   Grin

Mattdw wrote on 09/15/11 at 09:14:15:

Same thing happened to me when I bought my first Savage, a '96...except I found another bonus a few days later. There was NO air filter in it either. Smiley

"Never Say Never"
  IP Logged
VOLKY
YaBB Newbies

2006 S-40 Boulevard

Florida
Reply #25 - 09/16/11 at 19:53:27

Why not 93 octane? Idk. I heard is cleaner and u get better performance.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #26 - 09/16/11 at 20:34:40

Serowbot wrote on 09/13/11 at 11:40:58:

Just send him what he wants. It's only fair. You go off on a tangent about the float leaking and fire after a crash. AS I SAID I have never had a problem other than gas starvation. I went through the process and changed hoses, took the petcock apart, changed hose clamps. It still left me setting waiting for the gas to run into the carb. IT WAS STARVING FOR GAS. I put up with this crap for a year before changing to the Raptor petcock. I recommend it to anyone who is at the end of their testing procedure, unless they want to buy a new Suzuki petcock. I also use Seafoam IN THE QUANTITY SPECIFIED on the label to keep the shiny things in the carb shiny. I only do this about every month or so. Now man up and give Serowbot what he has asked. My bike spit out a lot of oil all over the engine today after seeping for about 9,000 miles. Now, after listening to others on here I am guessing that the cap plug has let go. I am not being stampeded into a tear down. It makes sense. If it's something else, I don't intend on blaming Serow or Versy or others. I will probably tear into the timing chain issue while it's apart. I told Versy once I would ride it till it had to be torn down. He didn't make me do it. It just makes sense with all the anecdotal evidence we have. If it's good ok. If not I'll fix it. Sorry to the others about this post, but you just stir up trouble. Stirring up trouble just messes up the new guys so they don't understand what's what.   

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #27 - 09/16/11 at 22:32:21

Boofer,
You on the rag too,....just because your bike blew up ?
Hey, if you don't like what I say,.....or my opinions, just learn to ignore them. I'm here to help too, and sometimes add a little humor to it all,....if you can't handle it, do something about it, like leave !!
And I don't think Bot needs your help, he does fine all by himself.
Maybe you are too dam old ! Shocked Grin

Rich
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #28 - 09/17/11 at 03:57:09

No, I am the one that has gotten too old.  

Routy is too Rowdy, still all young at heart and full of piss and vinegar.   A common ailment of the very young at heart I am told.

Routy has not experienced petcock anything yet as his bike is pretty new.   We shall see how he handles it when it occurs to him and his scoot.

All we can do for Routy is wish him well until he is dicing in traffic and has his first sudden power loss, then we can wish that he not have anybody running up close behind him .....

Wink      yup, them vac petcorks and all their odd little "acting up" symptoms can be plumb dangerous in heavy traffic, they can .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #29 - 09/17/11 at 05:05:13

Ok,.....I got ruffled a little.

But OF,....you're not too old ...trust me,.....you're too kind to be old. Wink

Rich
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 14:20:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fuel petcock

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.