Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Sea Foam to engineoil... (Read 208 times)
sdlc808
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sea Foam to engineoil...
09/02/11 at 10:04:55

Any feedback from those who have added seafoam to their engine oil?  Seafoam claims that this cleans the crankcase...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Sea Foam to engineoil...
Reply #1 - 09/02/11 at 10:56:06

Why is your crankcase dirty?...

There's already detergents in motor oil... shouldn't need it, and too much is too much...  can wash away your cylinder oil...

Not recommended,.... others will disagree...
Pick yer' poison... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Morgii

Me fail English?
That’s unpossible.

Toronto, ON
Reply #2 - 09/02/11 at 11:25:46

sdlc808 wrote on 09/02/11 at 10:04:55:
Any feedback from those who have added seafoam to their engine oil?  Seafoam claims that this cleans the crankcase...

I was going to do this tonight on the oil change... just add an ounce.  I imagine it shouldn't hurt anything if you add 1800mL oil and just a tad of this. There's been threads on it before too, people will say no, people will say yes; matter of opinion in the end really.

In a semi-related note: *has anybody every added leak stopper additive in the engine oil? I have a small leak at the bottom of crankcase, not sure where it's coming from but it's only a drop a day or so but it's driving me nuts... found some stuff at the shop which claims to stop leaking areas, good in cars, trucks, bikes, atvs, etc. but I'm not so sure about this stuff though.

*sorry for piggy backing the thread!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 09/02/11 at 11:33:01

Yeah, and do tell us what that stop leak crap does to your wet clutch plates ...

Angry         Death to your clutch plates !!!   Death to all clutch plates !!!   Die !!   Die !!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Morgii

Me fail English?
That’s unpossible.

Toronto, ON
Reply #4 - 09/02/11 at 11:36:14

Yeah, I thought of that as well - hence I didn't buy it.

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 09/02/11 at 12:15:48

My 5 cents - if it leaks, you either repair it or ignore it. Same with seafoam, or marvel oil... detergent additives are already in motor oils these days. Additives in fuel is a different story. I think they work.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 09/02/11 at 14:37:28

Leak ?? Tighten all the Thru bolts,, Foot peg stuff,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #7 - 09/02/11 at 14:54:15

Adding Sea Foam to oil is unnecessary. Change oil on a regular basis to get rid of dirt and gunk Cool

FSO
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #8 - 09/02/11 at 15:05:04

Yeah, I been think that my crankase is probably perdy oily inside, so I think I'll seafoam that sucker !!.
How rediculous ! I thought once that SF had fixed a fuel problem I had, in a 4 cyl outboard engine, but the problem came back w/ a vengence !
Ole Bill almost had me beliveving  that SF was good for something,......got suckered right in to buyin that hi $ over priced junk !

Sorry,.....all IMOO.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #9 - 09/02/11 at 18:49:42

You really don't need to use Sea Foam in your engine if you use oil in it, the oil will clean your engine,You don't need it in your gas to clean your carb and long as you run gasoline through your carb once in a while. But I'm going to use it in the oil and gas just for the fun of it.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #10 - 09/02/11 at 19:07:09

bill67 wrote on 09/02/11 at 18:49:42:
You really don't need to use Sea Foam in your engine if you use oil in it, the oil will clean your engine,You don't need it in your gas to clean your carb and long as you run gasoline through your carb once in a while. But I'm going to use it in the oil and gas just for the fun of it.

Its ok Bill, but in reality, on this forum,... the cases in which SF really did fix something, or even improve something, is slim to none. But then maybe I missed a couple of them.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #11 - 09/03/11 at 19:56:57

I am right in there with the NSFs.  (non sea foamers)

Magic additives, supercharged cleaners, mystery oil, fuel magnetizers, ..... all just BBS.  (bogus b*ll s**t)

The folks who understand this stuff the best are the OEMs.  (original equipment manufacturers)

Just take care of the motor like the manufacturer specifies, use name brand oil as specified, and the insides of your motor will stay nice and clean FFE.  (for friggin ever)

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #12 - 09/03/11 at 20:34:37

Very seldom do I tear into my carbs on any equipment I have that some varnish is not present. Varnish left to itself will someday get thick enough to flake off and cause a no go. Seafoam is a preventative measure for me. It can also break away a piece of junk or gunk from a newly aquired second hand engine and cause a no go. This will alert you to the problem that a PO didn't take good care of his engine, and you will be able to take it apart and clean it before you get 40 miles out in a cold rain. I don't think it's necessary in the oil, but I use it in my gas about once a month.  Use it. Don't use it. I don't care.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #13 - 09/03/11 at 20:40:40

Boofer wrote on 09/03/11 at 20:34:37:
Very seldom do I tear into my carbs on any equipment I have that some varnish is not present. Varnish left to itself will someday get thick enough to flake off and cause a no go. Seafoam is a preventative measure for me. It can also break away a piece of junk or gunk from a newly aquired second hand engine and cause a no go. This will alert you to the problem that a PO didn't take good care of his engine, and you will be able to take it apart and clean it before you get 40 miles out in a cold rain. I don't think it's necessary in the oil, but I use it in my gas about once a month.  Use it. Don't use it. I don't care.

preventive

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #14 - 09/03/11 at 21:09:14

I use seafoam in all my engines. Car, truck, quad, bike, mowers, tractor, chainsaws, generator ect. It DOES work. It WILL keep your carbs cleaner, stabilize your gas and give you a noticeable change in how the engine runs.
Starts easier and runs smoother.
It did'nt work as advertised i would'nt use it.
As for useing it in your oil, supposedly it wont hurt a wet clutch.
For use in your oil its reccomended adding seafoam then running about a 100 miles THEN changeing your oil. Helps clean things up inside.
I WOULD'NT use it in the oil all the time though.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:32:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sea Foam to engineoil...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.