Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Motorcycle Accident - EF Recovery? (Read 371 times)
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re:  Motorcycle Accident - EF Recovery?
Reply #15 - 09/01/11 at 17:46:44

Like someone said earlier in this thread, don't sit on it or they will turn it over to a collection agency and that is a hassle.  Contest the bill.  A contested bill cannot, or at least I am told, be turned over to a collection agency until some resolution is made.  That will give you some time to decide what to do.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #16 - 09/06/11 at 10:20:53

babyhog wrote on 08/31/11 at 12:54:18:
You might also try some internet searches on the company and anything else related to it that you can think of.  Phone number on the bill, their address.  Does it look like they have accurate details?  As far as date of accident, whereabouts, etc.  Strange that your insurance company never heard of it, too.  So be cautious, but string them along long enough to find out if its legit.  

Wonder if a cop from the scene might know anything??  Or the city office where the accident happened?  Just throwing out thoughts....  
Oh, and on a side-note, like werace's comment of power pole damage, a friend recently told me about another friend who's dog had gotten hit by a vehicle.  The vehicle owner made the friend pay for damage to the car!  Homeowner's insurance covered it.  But its the owner's fault for the dog being out of the yard.  Seems strange, your animal gets hit and you have to pay for the damage, huh.  

If you ran out in front of a car and got hit,And damaged the car shouldn't you have to pay for it it was your fault.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #17 - 09/06/11 at 13:25:53

bill67 wrote on 09/06/11 at 10:20:53:
babyhog wrote on 08/31/11 at 12:54:18:
You might also try some internet searches on the company and anything else related to it that you can think of.  Phone number on the bill, their address.  Does it look like they have accurate details?  As far as date of accident, whereabouts, etc.  Strange that your insurance company never heard of it, too.  So be cautious, but string them along long enough to find out if its legit.  

Wonder if a cop from the scene might know anything??  Or the city office where the accident happened?  Just throwing out thoughts....  
Oh, and on a side-note, like werace's comment of power pole damage, a friend recently told me about another friend who's dog had gotten hit by a vehicle.  The vehicle owner made the friend pay for damage to the car!  Homeowner's insurance covered it.  But its the owner's fault for the dog being out of the yard.  Seems strange, your animal gets hit and you have to pay for the damage, huh.  

If you ran out in front of a car and got hit,And damaged the car shouldn't you have to pay for it it was your fault.

Maybe.  I just said it seemed strange.  Wonder which (if any) insurance would cover that?  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #18 - 09/06/11 at 14:13:29

Bill quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, of course,  
But who in this case ran out in front of a car, or did anything else destructive that they had any control of whatsoever ?

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #19 - 09/06/11 at 18:44:41

I live in Wa State and have never heard of this.
When I had my mc accident. Gas spilled out
of Genie as she was on her side and, had
just filled the gas tank.
Fire Dept came, no fire yet they do respond.
The gas evaporated and did leave a little stain behind.
Nothing was ever said, then again I was hit by another
driver not a deer. kim

IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #20 - 09/06/11 at 19:18:06

Vehicle insurance policies are pretty much standard state-to-state. Looking at mine, I don't see an EXCLUSION relative to clean-up of spilled fuel or oil after an accident. You can check this yourself:read the first part of the policy, dealing only with Property Damage Liability, and look over what it says about EXCLUSIONS. Don't bother reading anything else for this purpose because nothing else is relevant. That's how you determine what's covered; if something isn't excluded, within the intent of the coverage (in this case, Property Damage Liability), then it's COVERED. I can't guess where the insurance agent is coming from.

The agent is right about damage to the motorcycle; if fiancé  didn't have Comprehensive coverage, repairs from animal collision are his to pay.

As others here have pointed out, paying for a service fiancé didn't request makes no sense, billed or otherwise. I'd suggest giving them the name of fiancé's insurance company, and his policy number; let them try to deny the claim. I'd also suggest leaning harder on Mr. Insurance Agent; he needs to earn his commission.

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #21 - 09/11/11 at 04:54:05

Being hit by a deer (especially on a motorcycle) is not negligent driving, and that's what the EF Recovery service claims to bill people for. I would send them a certified letter (so you get a receipt) claiming that you owe nothing and are not the person at fault.

I would follow up with a few calls just to make sure they don't send it to a collection agency and mess up your credit.

I personally don't even think that your insurance agency should have to pay a dime for it.

I'm doing more research on this company, pretty interesting, the double taxation scam they have going on.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:09:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Motorcycle Accident - EF Recovery?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.