Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Product review: Brakeaway throttle lock. (Read 127 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Product review: Brakeaway throttle lock.
08/26/11 at 14:58:06

Purchased directly from Brakeaway. Got it in about a week. It is pricey, but it works perfectly. I bought it to replace a cheap Kuryakyn lock that never did work well. It took about 1 1/2 hrs to install on my Isogrips and adjust. Tried it out today on the highway on my way to work. Locks positively (which the cheap one didn't) and disengages far easier with  a touch of the brake or a good sized lever on the front.
If you don't have a throttle lock, and your right hand cramps up or goes numb, or you just need to adjust the RH mirror from time to time while you are moving, this is the one to get.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: Product review: Brakeaway throttle lock.
Reply #1 - 08/27/11 at 07:04:01

$200.00 ????
thats alota PBR

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 08/27/11 at 08:10:34

WWW   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 08/27/11 at 09:49:19

thumperclone wrote on 08/27/11 at 07:04:01:
$200.00 ????
thats alota PBR

One of the things that I have learned in my 61 years on this planet is- you get what you pay for.
BTW what is "PBR"?

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Markusublime
YaBB Newbies

Thumpin through the
great white north.

Ontario,Canada
Reply #4 - 08/27/11 at 11:09:12

I have one and I love it,great materials and craftsmanship.it looks blended into the bike,and works well.I like that you can make adjustments to the throttle while the lock is engaged.

Loud pipes save lives
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #5 - 08/27/11 at 12:51:48

PBR = Pabst Blue Ribbon.  Besides being a good cheap beer for us rubes to suck on, is the American standard of value, more stable than the US dollar itself  Grin

I don't mean to dis your throttle lock, it does look very slick.. but too rich for my blood..  I went for the GoCruise at 1/10th the cost.
http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 08/27/11 at 13:32:59

arteacher wrote on 08/27/11 at 09:49:19:
thumperclone wrote on 08/27/11 at 07:04:01:
$200.00 ????
thats alota PBR

One of the things that I have learned in my 61 years on this planet is- you get what you pay for.
BTW what is "PBR"?

Axe YOu allee,, you dont Get what you pay for,, you will , however, pay for what you get. IF we "Got what we pay for" we would not be disappointed in any of our purchases,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #7 - 08/27/11 at 15:35:00

Boule'tard- that thing would scare the feces out of me because you have to release it by twisting the throttle back down manually.

IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #8 - 08/27/11 at 19:28:25

Thanks for the review, Arteacher. I've come to value the $.02 of members here as much as any other sources. I've web-researched throttle locks and for me the Brakeaway stands out for it's instant release and the fact that it is, and looks, as good as any OEM thing on anything.

Oh, and I admire your model year and color choice. And as a native of Niagara County, USA, I, too, recognize that salt and vinegar are the appropriate seasonings for french fries.

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #9 - 08/27/11 at 19:35:04

arteacher wrote on 08/27/11 at 15:35:00:
Boule'tard- that thing would scare the feces out of me because you have to release it by twisting the throttle back down manually.

Naw, it's not scary.  Any throttle lock requires that you do something manually to disengage it.  I do think yours is the safest though, because it disengages on applying the brake like a car cruise control.  So you can forget it's on and know your 1st slowing action is going to disengage it.. yeah ok, that's a darn good invention there.

Having a throttle lock is great, huh?  I like how it also functions as a fast-idle during warmup, so you can turn the choke off much sooner.. nicer for your engine.  Smiley

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
OE

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Panama City, FL
Reply #10 - 09/11/11 at 19:08:26

Bought one and yeah, it's a lot of money but believe me it works just as advertised and looks like original equipment.  Really a positive click or snap when it engages and disengages just as in the video on their web site.  I thought that was an exaggeration but it's not, even wtth a helmet on that covers my ears.  Quality workmanship.  The brake release works perfectly too.

The directions seemed a little confusing at first but it didn't take long to figure it out.

I had to do something, couldn't ride more than about 30 minutes without my right hand and fingers going numb.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 06:21:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › Product review: Brakeaway throttle lock.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.