Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thinking of selling my Boat.... (Read 103 times)
Sunchasers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks the Rockies!

Northern Colorado
Thinking of selling my Boat....
08/25/11 at 12:27:41

Thinking of selling my 1976 Cobalt 18ft Tri-Hull.  I winterized it 5years ago and been stored under cover, just have no plans to use it again.  I recently pulled it out of "mothballs" and serviced it so the V8 runs great and the outdrive shift properly into Forward and Reverse.  The actual hours are unknown but estimated to be low - around 600-700.

The NADA guides list it's value between $2100 - $2300, but I am considering posting it on our local Craigslist for $1800 firm due to expired registration and being stored for so long. A few friends of mine think I am nuts for not asking upwards of $3500 because of it's condition, but I am more conservative in my evaluation and I am VERY curious as to what some of you might think would be a fair price.  BTW, this is in no way an Ad... just wanting your honest evaluation/opinions! Smiley  Thanks!

1987 LS650P, Blue/Purple, stock w/ white spacer mod, 2-1/4 turns, Raptor petcock, seat ht. mod, Verslavy, Routys F.C., 8300 mi
  IP Logged
sillydilly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Thinking of selling my Boat....
Reply #1 - 08/25/11 at 12:37:44

if you lived anywhere close to me you'd have 1800 cash in your pocket.

mind you EVERYTHINGS cheaper in the states (Im canadian) but nonetheless a boat like that would yield probably 4x your asking.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 08/25/11 at 13:12:18

I had a boat once,, maintenance nightmare, someone else just had no idea how to wire stuff,, Ill never have another one, unless mabe a flatbottom with a 2 hp,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #3 - 08/25/11 at 13:15:11

That is a VERY clean looking boat! Based on the NADA you could probably list it for the $2100 and realistically expect to receive it. Very few people are willing to offer above those values, but with the condition of the boat, I think you could list for $2100 firm.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Z

Ride Baby Ride!!!

Northwestern PA
Reply #4 - 08/25/11 at 13:33:50

I would give you 2G (if I had it) for that.

Sanity runs from my family!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 08/25/11 at 14:07:22

I say, don't low-ball yourself...  You can always come down...
Leave yourself some negotiation room... they're gonna' offer less...
Makes people feel good if you come down a little from asking price ,.. just for them...
'Cause they're such a great guy... Wink...

Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
scottnj

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

the 'Nati, OH
Reply #6 - 08/25/11 at 14:22:04

It may depend on the local market (don't know how fast boats sell in your area), but I second the others here and say start with at least the NADA value.  You can always come down on the price if you don't get any bites, but it's hard to go the other direction if you start too low.  If you lived near the great lakes I think it'd be an easy sell -- great size (big but not too big) and looks to be in very nice shape.

2007 S40 (Supertrapp, 6" Ed. L forward controls, K&N, & some other stuff)
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 08/26/11 at 00:10:41

thats a nice boat. dont give it away. Id ask maybe 3 grand and work down if needed.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 08/26/11 at 00:19:26

Man, I got more than that for a junky old boat with a 4 cylinder in it,, seriously, just because youre tired of it doesnt mak it worthless,, Put a price on it that says you love it & someone is gonna have to bribe you to take it, you can come down if you have to,, Take it to the lake, all spiffed up with a for sale sign on it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Sunchasers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks the Rockies!

Northern Colorado
Reply #9 - 08/26/11 at 10:56:42

Thanks for all the great input and compliments!  Smiley

1987 LS650P, Blue/Purple, stock w/ white spacer mod, 2-1/4 turns, Raptor petcock, seat ht. mod, Verslavy, Routys F.C., 8300 mi
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #10 - 08/26/11 at 12:57:46

I always heard the best 2 days of owning a boat are the day you buy it, and the day you sell it.  

Just one of the things I never had a desire to own, although I do love riding around in one!  Some great memories on lakes and rivers.  Dated a guy with a boat ...  oh never mind... lol

But I agree its a beauty and once you list low, you can't increase the price.  List higher and come down if necessary.  You'll find out quickly if you're asking too much.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #11 - 08/26/11 at 13:09:05

BH -

My sentiments exactly.  And we say the same thing about airplanes - 2 best days are the day you buy it, and then the day you sell it.

For me, it's two issues:  our winter weather in Ohio makes boating a 5 month a year deal at best, and most likely about 4 months a year.

Then, you have to have the big vehicle, truck or huge car, to tow the thing around.  I prefer small, import type cars.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 08/26/11 at 15:07:39

You take it to the lake & get $3800.00 for it you better send me a check, dude!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 10:22:43

General CategoryThe Cafe › Thinking of selling my Boat....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.