Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Skate girl and Prechermike...run! (Read 131 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Skate girl and Prechermike...run!
08/23/11 at 14:27:50

An earthquake followed by a hurricane? Should Carolina people evacuate to Virginia and jump the crack the earthquake left? Seriously, I would like to hear from you right coast folks. Looks like Irene has you in her sights. There's nothing funny about having to board up your house. I wish you the best.  Boofer

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Re: Skate girl and Prechermike...run!
Reply #1 - 08/24/11 at 03:26:57

Thanks for the concern, but I never felt a thing.  It seems, from the ones I have talked to, those sitting or being still felt the shaking, those who were up and moving around felt nothing.  For now Irene seems to be wanting to slide a little farther east, which would be good for us.

I was planning another Outer Banks ride this weekend, Irene canceled those plans.  Friends rode their bikes from Indiana for this, so we willprobably ride somewhere.  Just not to Ocracoke.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #2 - 08/24/11 at 19:43:33

I did feel the earthquake, so a hurricane - pish, whatever!  Grin

so we felt the earthquake here too - my dogs jumped up and started barking and I was like "dang Toby is gaining too much weight to be shaking the floor like that..."
Wink

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #3 - 08/26/11 at 05:36:00

I'm expected to fly into Norfolk Saturday evening 8pm...
 Huh
Now that's a good one !!!
Grin
Like, there's actually goingo to be airplanes fliying that afternoon anywhere south of Washington, DC...
Embarrassed
So, looking at a number of (good-bad-worst) options, I may have to drvie my way from baltimore or DC all the way down to Norfolk.

Not that a 200 mile drive scares me...
...but having to drive INTO a hurricane late in the evening with 6-hour jet lag ?

Maybe I should just sleep it over and completemy journey on Sunday morning...
Undecided
Oh... bother !!!
Tongue

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #4 - 08/26/11 at 05:37:32

PS There's SavageDML living in Plymouth, which is just across the Sound from Norfolk...

Anybody heard of him lately ?  Undecided

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #5 - 08/26/11 at 10:55:58

Can't you cancel your travel plans till
after the Hurricane?
I know I would.. Good luck.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #6 - 08/26/11 at 23:50:10

My cellphone rings at 4:30 am, it's Alitalia texting me my flight to Newark has been canceled.

I check online and realize Continental canceled my connecting flight to Norfolk, but couldn't care less about informing passengers...
Angry
I have only very few hectic minutes to cancel the myriad of reservations which, like an intricate mosaic, composed my trip to the US... all booked privately by yours truly, of course !!!

I'm lucky if I get half of my advance payments refunded...
Embarrassed
What a way to start the weekend  

So, I apologize to all thise I expected to see and share good times with, maybe better luck next time...
Undecided
...Sorry...  

PS Kim, it was a business trip, so either I attend a meeting, or I don't.
I don't. Sad

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 10:15:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › Skate girl and Prechermike...run!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.