Fricken Cagers! (Read 369 times)
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Fricken Cagers!
08/18/11 at 20:27:30

Started to town to check on a gate post for moms front gate after the storm the other day snapped it off.
Stopped at the end of my driveway and checked both ways then started to pull out.
Neighbor kid at the end of the gravel drive is flying down the road about 40 or so, got his head down and on the cell phone.
You guessed it. Lil bassturd T-boned me.
Spun the bike a good 180degrees around and throwed me off of it on my back.

Real pisser is he stayed on the cell phone. IM laying in the middle of the road takeing inventory, bikes down and leaking gas and he gets out still yapping on the cell phone and asks me if im hurt?
Im in the middle of a gravel road on my back after hes hit me and he asks if im hurt.
Then says look what you did to my car!
You never stopped!

This set me off a lil bit. I get up. Told him i stopped, he was driveing to fast, look at what HE did to my bike and to GET OFF THE GD CELL PHONE!!!

Got the bike up and started checking it over.
Got both turn signals on the left side, smashed in the belt cover and hit the frame, bent the he!! out of my left rear shock, bent my key, smashed in the left side cover, bent the he!! out of the front foot peg and bent the rear as well.
Chewed up the left end cap on the handlebars and messed up the mirror as well as a multitude of scratches.
Most likely need a new helmet as well. This one was worn less then 2 dozen times, was new.

I ended up with(so far) banged head, bruised left shoulder(maybe the bone) bruised left hip(maybe the bone, Hurts and swelling) wrenched my bad back and ribs and a tiny bit of road rash on the left hip and wrenched neck. See what else hurts in the morning.

He had been driveing a sensible speed or been OFF THE GD CELL PHONE it might of been avoided.
I didnt have time to do squat except hit the throttle a bit and try and throw my left leg out of the way. Only thing kept him from breaking it the way he hit me.
Said he was only doing 20 but his slide marks went for over 35 feet which equates to about 35. Which is to d@mn fast on what is basicly a loose gravel driveway.
He and his mom fly up and down the drive. So much so one of them lost control last fall and took out about 30 feet of fence for me. Almost hit one of the kids my neighbor babysits a couple weeks back to.

Chitty day that was starting to look better turned to total cr@p!
Guess the adjuster will be out tomorrow sometime. See what the damages are going to total up to and what he thinks of the bike.
Right here on the weekend to, sucks.
That and its my primary mode of transportation. Angry

Guess it will be a good time to look for some intruder shocks or maybe sportster shocks. Defintely going to have to find some pegs and a belt cover. That is if they dont total it on cosmetic damage or tweaked frame. :'(

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Fricken Cagers!
Reply #1 - 08/18/11 at 20:55:59

I have put a bike back together after it getting punched pretty hard by a car, there is potentially damage to forks/triple tree, swing arm, etc.

Insist that the adjuster price new parts for everything -- they will price "rebuilt" if you let them.

If you do keep the bike and have some warpage issues, start a thread up in RSD and I'll share the tricks of bringing one back from cockeyed to fully ridable.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Sunchasers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks the Rockies!

Northern Colorado
Reply #2 - 08/18/11 at 23:06:17

Just glad you were able to walk away and okay for the most part!  The damage to your bike, as bad as it sucks (and it does suck big time) can be fixed or replaced easier than life or limb.  I sure hope the kid gets what he deserves for being such a dumb@$$.  Take care and keep us posted!  Smiley

1987 LS650P, Blue/Purple, stock w/ white spacer mod, 2-1/4 turns, Raptor petcock, seat ht. mod, Verslavy, Routys F.C., 8300 mi
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #3 - 08/18/11 at 23:17:09

Wolfman, are you going to the Dr? Didn't you just have
surgery not to long ago? You really might need to get
checked out.
Mother hen here...
Sorry about the accident, at least you kept your cool and
didn't do something to the kid that you could end up
having assault charges against you.
Ok so you need to rebuild your bike, it can be done and
many here have parts and the knowledge to help you..
Hope your injuries aren't too severe.. Hugs.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #4 - 08/19/11 at 02:17:27

Glad to hear you survived with only hopefully minor damage to yourself.  Hope everything goes as well with getting the bike taken care of.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #5 - 08/19/11 at 06:43:19

Geez, what are we gonna do with you man?  You have GOT to stop playing in traffic like that.   Grin   Grin

But seriously, glad you aren't terribly hurt.  Sounds like some good massage therapy is in order for you.   Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #6 - 08/19/11 at 07:59:14

Do you know what he got cited for then? Or if he even did get a citation?

Damages like that really SUCK!!! But hopefully you only have minor injuries yourself. The bike can always be repaired/replaced as needed.

Keep us up to date when you find out more. And take care.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #7 - 08/19/11 at 09:05:19

1) Did anyone call the Police? If so, did they take pictures and file a report?

2) Witnesses of any kinfėd? Even if no witnesses, the dynamics of the accident can be obtained by analysis of the damaged items, i.e. if you were stationary, your parts are dented, but no "motion scratches" if you know what I mean.

3) You can get the police to verify he WAS on the phone by analyzing his registry, even if he deletes the entry from his incoming/outgoing registry the phone company still hase those records. If you cna prove he lied to the Police, "his A$$ is grass" !!!

Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/19/11 at 09:10:49

Bikes are easier to repair or replace than you are so that is the happy part of the story.

they could possibly argue that you are at fault since you pulled out in front of him, even if he was speeding.
make sure you document document document,
pics of the skid marks, previous encounters, etc

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 08/19/11 at 09:25:13

Seems to me you need a drainage trench running across that road.

Hope you are well, and recover quickly.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 08/19/11 at 09:45:42

I would have been tempted to wait & let the guy help me up, so I could POP the dumba55 upside the head without having to chase him.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 08/19/11 at 10:05:28

wow, that sucks, hope everything works out.

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #12 - 08/19/11 at 10:18:04

First and foremost, I'm glad you're not hurt worse.

But really, shouldn't you have just waited for him to pass, especially since you said you know he and his mother drive fast on that lane?

I live in the country, and my drive comes out onto a 2 lane country road where the speed limit is 45 - that means that most cars are doing at least 50, or more, as they go past my house.

Whether in my car or on my bike, if I see a car approaching when I'm at the end of my driveway, I just wait and let them pass.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #13 - 08/19/11 at 10:21:51

Wolfman, I hope everything works out to your satisfaction, and congratulations on not getting hurt too bad.  

Careful what you post online before the legal aspect of the accident is resolved.  It'd be very easy for that family (or their legal counsel) to note your bike make & model, go to the predominant website on said bike and find an accident description matching the one they were just involved in...don't give them any legal ammo.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #14 - 08/19/11 at 10:31:51

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 08/19/11 at 10:18:04:
First and foremost, I'm glad you're not hurt worse.

But really, shouldn't you have just waited for him to pass, especially since you said you know he and his mother drive fast on that lane?

I live in the country, and my drive comes out onto a 2 lane country road where the speed limit is 45 - that means that most cars are doing at least 50, or more, as they go past my house.

Whether in my car or on my bike, if I see a car approaching when I'm at the end of my driveway, I just wait and let them pass.

+1 thats what us older people would do.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 10:26:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Fricken Cagers!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.