Fricken Cagers! (Read 369 times)
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Re: Fricken Cagers!
Reply #15 - 08/19/11 at 12:32:22

Jerry, if i could of seen the lil hunk of fecal matter comeing i would of waited for him to pass.
He was'nt speeding and on the cell phone it wouldnt of happened.

Bill, i aint no kid, im 51.

Whats really sucks is ive driven everything from enduro bikes to loaded semis for 35 years in 8 states and never even had a fender bender. I was kind of proud of that.

No im not posting pertinate details online untill its settled. Im not stupid.

Necks sore as hell, left hip and left shoulder.
BBH, you offering a massage?? Grin
Kim, i was still takeing it easy. Just now getting to where i can kinda pick heavier stuff up. Didnt need to pick my d@mn bike up though!

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #16 - 08/19/11 at 12:58:53

If you could see he was on his cell phone he must have been close enough  you shouldn't have pulled out.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #17 - 08/19/11 at 13:50:21

I admire your restraint. If it was me he hit while talking on his cell, he would need an operation to have it removed from as far up his rectum as I could shove & kick it!!!! I've warned several people that I've had close calls with & it's funny how the color drains from their face when they realize I'm serious. Angry

Hope it all works out for you & your injuries aren't serious. Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #18 - 08/19/11 at 23:49:13

Bill, go back and read my post again.
I COULD NOT see him untill after i was in the road.
I saw him on the cell phone just before he hit me. You know, things like that kinda stick in your mind. The last thing you see before flying through the fricking air!

I could of seen him speeding down the road i wouldnt of pulled out.
Remember this is rural where you cant see a mile down the road.
He wasnt speeding i wouldnt of got hit. Or if he had been off the D@MN CELL PHONE!!

RR13, id like to of 'touched him up' a bit but he looked like he was 18...maybe. Just what i need a rep for beating the he!! out of a school kid. Wouldnt of done my cause any good either.
Dont get me wrong, i was MAD! Folks that know me would of been running for the hills. This kid couldnt shut his mouth or stay off his cell phone though.
I just kept reminding myself he was a kid and it would go against any claim i tried to make. Not worth the satisfaction of takeing a pound or two of flesh.

IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #19 - 08/20/11 at 02:00:14

Really sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you are ok, mostly.

Sucks about your bike too.

Is there a law in Missouri about driving with cellphones?

Not sure if every state has the laws against it yet.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 08/20/11 at 05:44:51

Following a Suburban yesterday, I saw it cross the lines into the oncoming lane 3 times in as many miles, & let the R/ side tires go off the road & into the grass twice,, Came to a stop where I was turning left, she was turning right, I dropped the window & gestured for her to do the same,, My wife beside me, I asked the woman,

"You okay, Hon?"
She looked puzzled, asked why??

I explained Id seen her in the wrong lane 3 times & offroad twice in the last few minutes,, are you okay?

She said
I was on the phone
as she rolled the window up..

As Napoleon Dynamite would say

Iiiiidiot!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #21 - 08/20/11 at 08:07:53

Wolf, I know you're right but you know how some things are a 'trigger' to bad behavior. I'm not sure I could contain myself in that situation.

And I know exactly what you mean about seeing details in a split second. When I raced I would often amaze my wife, daughter, & friends by telling them about something I saw in the stands during a race. It wasn't that I was trying, it's just that in the moment time seems to slow down around me. The first time I had it happen I was 14 & sliding on my butt towards an old lady who backed out in front of me. Seemed like that slide took FOREVER! That's also when I made up my mind to NEVER reliquish control by laying the bike down to 'avoid' an accident. Kind of defeats the purpose & there are no consequences for the person causing the incident. Now the time warp seems to occur in almost every emergency situation, which is a good thing because it gives me a better chance to react.

JOG, yesterday about 2:20 PM, there was a single vehicle wreck where a Mitsubishi Montero with 2 adults & 8 children left the highway, hit a culvert & rolled, resulting in the deaths of a 3 & 9 year old so far. I don't know what the driver was doing at the time but I would bet distraction of some sort played a part in it. At  least one who died wasn't wearing a seatbelt (7 pass. vehicle). But the adults were wearing their belts! This happened on St. Hwy. 361 which runs STRAIGHT down the island for about 18 miles & has a full lane shoulder on both sides.

THE IDIOTS ARE OUT THERE & THEY WILL KILL THEMSELVES & YOU GIVEN THE CHANCE!!!

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 08/20/11 at 08:23:37

How mankind has managed to survive the dangers the world throws at us & the goofy stuff we do is amazing to me.. I know how many times I shoulda been dead,, & its more than 1 or 2..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #23 - 08/20/11 at 10:49:27

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/20/11 at 08:23:37:
How mankind has managed to survive the dangers the world throws at us & the goofy stuff we do is amazing to me.. I know how many times I shoulda been dead,, & its more than 1 or 2..

Justin, for every 100 females born about 105-107 males are born. Not a great answer to our survival, but an easy answer to remember.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #24 - 08/20/11 at 13:20:55

Yeah funny how time slows and some things you remember in infinite detail. Some of them you'd like to forget.
Ive come to really hate cell phones(state bull said they hate em to...lol), they have put me in danger probably at least once a ride.
Now that schools stated again it will get worse. Obviously.

Mo has a no texting law for kids under 21, thats pretty much it. Id LOVE to see a full ban on em in a moveing vehicle.
They have been trying to ban them but so far the soccer moms have won out and kept em legal.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #25 - 08/20/11 at 13:35:41

Wouldn't make any difference- there is a full ban on them here and people just ignore the law. Cops have better things to do than bust people for talking on the phone while driving (this from a cop LOL). Huh

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #26 - 08/22/11 at 13:51:45

Yeah but if their involved in an accident and their on a cell phone they need to have their heads handed to them.
You'r yapping on a cell your just as impaired as if you've been drinking far as im concerned.

Same day i got hit another rider got hit here. Took the whole front end off his bike. Kid on a cell phone
Now if i could just get a straight answer as to if i can start fixing my bike id be happy.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #27 - 08/23/11 at 05:13:11

Hope you can get the bike fixed soon.  Let us know what happens.  Did that other rider get seriously hurt?

Speaking of fricken cagers....  Riding home from dinner last night, I come up behind a little slow moving car.  I'm thinking its a little old man, so I back off a little.  Then I feel a shower!  He had turned on his windshield washer and was splattering me.  I let off a little more and waved my hand.  A few feet later, he puts on his left blinker, moves into the left lane to make a turn, so I pulled up beside him, looked at him and said "thanks for the shower"....  It was a middle-aged dude.  I thought what an a$$hole.  I guess now it was pretty funny, but just another example of people who don't think twice about motorcycles.    

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #28 - 08/23/11 at 05:33:56

Im sorry,, I had no idea my windshield washer was shooting over the top of the car..

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #29 - 08/23/11 at 10:59:00

Here is a no cell phone law while driving. However it doesn't
seem to matter to most.
What they didn't do when they made the law was, not have
it effect your insurance. Just a flat fine fee.
I do think the fee needs to be higher and have it effect
your auto insurance rates.
You have to at times hit their pocket books or wallets
to get their attention.
Also parents riding around on cell phone, with children
in the auto, great teaching skills.. kim

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 10:19:43

General CategoryThe Cafe › Fricken Cagers!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.