Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ROUTYS FORWARD CONTROLS (Read 190 times)
jasonwm
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pittsburgh, pa
ROUTYS FORWARD CONTROLS
08/15/11 at 09:47:01

Can anyone tell me what they did with their kickstand spring once you put on your routys forward controls?  I drilled the extra hole which was needed to mount my kickstand, but i just cant seem to figure out what to do with the spring to keep it up?  if you got a picture that would be very helpful.

IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Re: ROUTYS FORWARD CONTROLS
Reply #1 - 08/15/11 at 09:59:29

i re-used the factor stock mount and put the spring back on it just it was orginally - no mods needed.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
jasonwm
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pittsburgh, pa
Reply #2 - 08/15/11 at 10:08:53

for some reason, it just wouldnt work for me.  if you can, could you send me a picture of it.  You could even text it to me if possibel.  I will pm you my number.  i would appreciate it.

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #3 - 08/15/11 at 10:20:30

Weracerc, if you don't mind posting a picture here, of the controls correctly installed w/no kickstand mod,  I bet others who are thinking about installing them (as well as Routy himself) would sure appreciate it.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #4 - 08/15/11 at 11:06:22

The whole bracket, kickstand included, comes off and goes on as a unit. You dont even have to play with the wiring, although Routy cautions you to be careful with it. You don't have to undo the springs.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #5 - 08/15/11 at 11:32:40

pics tonight

</div
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 08/15/11 at 11:39:18

The problem lies in the fact that he has a '86.
The kickstand is different then the following years.

Jason, we need a pic from you to help.

WWW   IP Logged
jasonwm
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pittsburgh, pa
Reply #7 - 08/15/11 at 13:44:44

i will take a pic when i get off of work and post it tomorow when i get to work.  thanks.

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #8 - 08/15/11 at 17:39:51

Out of many sets sold, only one person (probably Jason) said he had to drill 1 hole to make the controls work on an 86. This was something new to me. This person also sent me a picture, as I requested, of the kickstand mount that required the extra hole. From the pic, it appeared to me that the mount was some what different, and it appeared that instead of it being a casting, it was more of a fabricated part. I didn't keep the picture, but I cautioned all others of the extra hole needed on an 86 model. This is the first I've known of a problem w/ connecting the spring. Since then, I have sold to another 86 owner, and I didn't get any feedback on that sale. It also seemed like I had sold to another 86 owner long before, and I got no feedback from that one either. I would hesitate to think that Jason (if he sent me the pic) has a one of a kind 86 model.
All I know is when I started building those, I was quite confident....from info I received here, that they were all the same as far as fitment was concerned. But they are not,.....and If I knew how to fix it, I would. Embarrassed

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Sunchasers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks the Rockies!

Northern Colorado
Reply #9 - 08/15/11 at 18:10:18

arteacher wrote on 08/15/11 at 11:06:22:
The whole bracket, kickstand included, comes off and goes on as a unit. You dont even have to play with the wiring, although Routy cautions you to be careful with it. You don't have to undo the springs.

+1  Worked the same way for me on my stock '87, just removed and reinstalled the kickstand assembly.  No mods were needed on any part of the install.    Smiley

1987 LS650P, Blue/Purple, stock w/ white spacer mod, 2-1/4 turns, Raptor petcock, seat ht. mod, Verslavy, Routys F.C., 8300 mi
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #10 - 08/15/11 at 18:33:46

Ditto on my '87.

IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #11 - 08/16/11 at 05:23:37

sorry no pics last night - could not get a clear picture - need the wife's better camera - will get it tonight.

</div
  IP Logged
jasonwm
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pittsburgh, pa
Reply #12 - 08/16/11 at 07:44:17

ROUTY,
         I just recently purchased your forward controls for my 86., i never sent a pic, i still need to take one.  by no means am i saying it is something that you should have fixed.  I think the forward controls are great, were easy to install and am very happy with them.  You wrote me before purchasing that i might need to drill an extra hole.  That wasnt a problem at all.  I just cant figure out this spring.  im sure i will eventually, no worries  
Anyway, i would buy them again if i ever needed to.

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #13 - 08/16/11 at 08:07:40

Thanks Jason,
I can only wish then that whoever sent me the picture would respond,......because he didn't mention any problem w/ the spring, only that an extra hole had to be drilled. I have all names, but didn't record any year models, and I can't remember who sent the picture. But several were sold to ebay buyers too who are not here.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #14 - 08/16/11 at 18:38:45

</div
  IP Logged
Pages: 1