Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Classic / Vintage / Antique (Read 154 times)
Sunchasers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks the Rockies!

Northern Colorado
Classic / Vintage / Antique
08/11/11 at 14:16:21

Hard to believe, but my Savage will be 25 yrs old next year.  Is that considered a "Classic" or "Vintage"???   I believe "Antique" has to be 50 yrs old or older?   Crap.. that make ME ( and many others here) an antique!  :'(

Just seems unnatural for a 1987 model of anything to be "vintage".   Grin   Everyone's thoughts??

1987 LS650P, Blue/Purple, stock w/ white spacer mod, 2-1/4 turns, Raptor petcock, seat ht. mod, Verslavy, Routys F.C., 8300 mi
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Classic / Vintage / Antique
Reply #1 - 08/11/11 at 14:38:29

depends on the state DMV. PA used to have classic and antique plates. Now they only issue antique plates. 25 yrs IIRC. If you HAD/HAVE classic plates you can keep them as long as they stay consistantly registered, but if you're registration runs out and you reapply you get antique plates.

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #2 - 08/11/11 at 15:42:39

Every Easter we have two car shows in Forest Park:  one is classic/vintage and the other is hot rods.

As much as I enjoy seeing the old machines, there is something sobering about seeing the cars I lusted after in my youth with "Historic Vehicle" license plates!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Fish

Who Shot Who In The
What Now?

(near) Tampa, FL
Reply #3 - 08/19/11 at 16:29:59

I am 26 years old and all 3 cars I have owned so far have always been older than I am. First was a cherry red 79 Ford Pinto wagon. Second was a black 76 4 door Chevy Nova. My last car was my first V8. Black 79 Olds Cutlass with a stock Chevy 305 4bbl. The Nova and Cutty both had antique plates here in Florida. The Pinto was only 21 years old when I had her, classic, but not old enough for special plates.  

I should have grown up during the muscle car era.

NOTHING from the 80s malaise era should be VINTAGE. Except for the Buick Grand Nationals, and a couple rare exceptions.

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #4 - 08/19/11 at 18:14:51

I guess it depends on who you ask.  I went on a charity ride a couple of years ago.  Me on my '87, one other suzuki and the rest were all harleys, I think, the excpetions kind of stood out.  Even though the bikes were all different models, years and so forth, they were all basically new with the same accessories.  Most of the bikes were pretty much the same.  Someone came along and commented on my bike being a classic, I just smiled and thanked him.

There was one old guy on an real classic or vintage or whatever honda.  Three cylinders and it was obvious the guy was not faking it.  That bike just kind of disappeared, i have no idea what happened to him.  But he had the coolest ride of them all.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #5 - 09/06/11 at 04:47:14

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #6 - 09/06/11 at 04:57:39

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 12:23:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › Classic / Vintage / Antique

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.