Test Video (Read 161 times)
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Test Video
08/11/11 at 13:17:20

Just testing the video capabilites of the $25 camera setup I recently got.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370455240732&ssPageName=ST...

MY SAMPLE VIDEO (Going to have to mount differently, on the bars you see the w/s strap in the middle)

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Re: Test Video
Reply #1 - 08/11/11 at 15:37:11

Looks good except for the windshield bracket thing. I had the same problem so I mounted mine on the left side highway bar. It worked okay but not the best place. AL
http://vimeo.com/13852052

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #2 - 08/11/11 at 15:45:26

Yeah, I think I will be happy with it for the type of shooting I am going to try and do. I saw how you had yours mounted before and planned to put it down there. I just wanted to put it on the handlebars for the first try to make sure the bracket wasn't going to come loose right away. I mounted it on the guard too and it looks like it will be solid. I'll see what I can get loaded after my trip this weekend.

Grin

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #3 - 08/11/11 at 19:25:07

Exact same one I have.  The one thing I don't like about it is unscrewing the cap to turn on the main power.  The buttons are pretty easy to use while riding, except its sometimes hard to verify that the light is flashing to be sure its on.  But overall, I'm happy with it for a cheapie.  I think I paid even less than yours.

The good thing is, the video is good and clear and they give you lots of mounting options.  On my handlebars, mine aims through my windshield ok, but I do get a bit of glare and the w/s bounces a little.  Its still the best mounting place for me.  I don't like the highway peg because I can't reach down to turn it off and on.  The base of one of the signals wasn't bad, but its a little far forward on the bike and the video doesn't "feel" right.  

So I guess I'm saying experiment and find us both a good spot!  haha   Oh, and have fun!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #4 - 08/11/11 at 19:26:13

Wow that's a pretty cool little camera! Wish it was hi-def, but for 25 bucks.

Might be good to have one in the car too, for recording who knows what. Perhaps even for traffic stops to record the police interaction. They record us, so citizens should as well.

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #5 - 08/16/11 at 10:37:46

Tried again, this time mounting it basically right where Al did, but just around the edge of the bend on the engine guard. So it is actually on the vertical portion of the guard closer to where he has his highway pegs mounted. I think this location has given a better POV but it transmits the engine pulses to the point that it's not tolerable to me. I will still give it a try on the turn signal and see how it goes there, then I have a harness type thing that I think I can rig up on my helmet which I'm sure will be the smoothest, but I would rather leave it attached to the bike.

(video to come-soon)

edit: video now attached  Smiley

« Last Edit: 08/16/11 at 12:36:33 by EJID »  

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #6 - 08/16/11 at 12:40:07

And here is another try today at lunch with the camera mounted on the front turn signal stalk.

Next time I will try putting it on the helmet or me somehow...  Huh

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #7 - 08/22/11 at 08:35:44

Ok 2 last attempts for the best possible shake-free recordings...

This was using a strap that mounted the camera to my helmet, found out afterwards that the camera was tilted to the side and pointed down a little from I would have liked it to be.

This one was mounted back on the engine guard again, but this time I wrapped the guard with a piece of rubber inner tube to insulate some of the vibrations. (Almost as good as the helmet mount and it doesn't keep turning all over like my head does  Roll Eyes)

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 08/22/11 at 09:24:47

I like the helmet shot best... nice to see a bit of bike in the shot, and it's the smoothest...
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #9 - 08/22/11 at 09:46:03

Serowbot wrote on 08/22/11 at 09:24:47:
I like the helmet shot best... nice to see a bit of bike in the shot, and it's the smoothest...
Wink...

I agree, I will just have to get it mounted more straight next time so I don't have to tilt my head to watch the video  Grin

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 08/22/11 at 10:32:50

The master cylinder mount I used last time seemed to work out ok, aside from being a little tilted.  I was able to straighten it out with a rubber square.

But I'm thinking of mounting a bracket on the lower tree in the center for a camera mount.  That and a helmet mounted one for cut away shots.  otherwise I'll have a lot of people pukin' their guts out.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 08/22/11 at 10:52:25

I think a windshield mount would make a good strt for a camera mount.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #12 - 07/10/12 at 14:15:00

Reviving an old thread here rather than starting a new one since I am still trying to get things figured out. This new video is with my Christmas present ContourHD.

(I used Windows Live MovieMaker to downsize the video file, but it is still very large. I will have to keep trying to determine what it takes to make viewable video...aka...what setting to use, with reducing the file size)

A couple noteable points of the video...
3:45 - zipping through a roundabout that is designed to slow you down  Grin
6:00 - crop duster treating a field next to me, but in the distance
9:00 - audio/video of a good hard acceleration from a corner
12:10 - crop duster again, but a better view
14:30 - walkaround the bike after the ride back to work at lunch

IP Logged
heroicseven

oops, I broke it.

San Diego
Reply #13 - 07/10/12 at 14:23:41

my buddy just got one of these and they are sweeeet. not $25 sweet tho.

http://gopro.com/products/?gclid=CImV1OSAkLECFcEXzQodE2hYlg

00' raptor - supertrapp - 52.5 - 155 - half spacer - versaved
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #14 - 07/10/12 at 14:34:11

heroicseven wrote on 07/10/12 at 14:23:41:
my buddy just got one of these and they are sweeeet. not $25 sweet tho.

http://gopro.com/products/?gclid=CImV1OSAkLECFcEXzQodE2hYlg

My last video I posted was with this camera I got last Christmas http://www.amazon.com/Contour-1300-ContourHD-Helmet-Camera/dp/B002QGSYZ4
I picked it up for $89 during one of Amazon's "lightning deals"  Grin retail was $149.95 at the time.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:28:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › Test Video

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.