Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Leukemia cure?
08/11/11 at 11:15:53

I know these sort of pipe-dreams (that never amount to anything) come around all the time.  This is nevertheless interesting, and maybe it can be adapted to cure other types of cancer.

Seems they modified a strain of HIV of all things, to go after cancer cells instead of destroying the immune system.  Maybe something will come out of it, who knows.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44090512/

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Leukemia cure?
Reply #1 - 08/11/11 at 11:23:12

Saw a story about that on the tube as I was getting ready for work this morning.  I also thought how ironic it would be if HIV turns out to have a part in the cure.  Didn't read your link, but I think I heard it has only been tried on 3 people.  No federal approval.  But yes, after all the research with little results, it is nice to hear of something with promise.    

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 08/11/11 at 12:53:25

You guys dont  remember how HIV got started do you?
Back in the day, in several large cities, the goobs Announced the had a Vaccine they could give to people who lived an "At Risk" Lifestyle. ALL you had to do was go in & theyd Give you a shot. In a couple of years, aids was popping up on a large scale. If youre 56 or older, THINK & TRY to remember,., I remember..I saw it. But, by the time the disease started growing at "Scary" speeds, I had forgotten the  vaccine for free program.. I finally remembered it.

Magic Johnson, diagnosed with Aids/HIV,, went away,, didnt see or hear from him for years. One day I was over at a friends house & he wa being interviewed, first one after years of being out of the public eye.

Interviewer says
You dont look sick,, Others with you problem dont look good.

Magic said

They gave me the cure

Interview didnt last too long & Magic again disappeared from the public eye.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 08/11/11 at 13:34:51

I will believe it when I see it. My wife has MS. Some of the "cures" have been ridiculous. Bee stings, decompression, and surgery on the blood vessels in the neck are some of the most popular cons for treatment. My wife's team of doctors here at University Hospital are some of the top leaders in MS research and that was the first thing they said-" there is no cure and very little available for relief of symptoms. You will waste your money on crackpot treatments."
I personally feel that stem cell research will bring a renaissance to medicine.
Screwing around with bad viruses is a ticket to disaster, simply because we have no treatments that can get rid of viruses like we do with bacteria.
Just watch the movie "I am legend".

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #4 - 08/12/11 at 07:11:27

I read this article...very interesting. The main thing I came away with was that it totally used the body's on defense mechanism (modified white blood cells) to destroy the cancer cells.
In addition it was privately funded because the pharmas weren't interested (considered "too risky"). That is the reason only 3 patients have been exposed to this.
I betcha they would rather have a "treatment" over a cure any day...just my 2 cents.
I was kind of surprised that it had very little media attencion but then again it is in the research phase...

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 08/12/11 at 07:49:30

Some MS cases are the result of heavy metals & pesticide exposures. IF that applies to anyone you know,, then Ill ask my Dr if there is hope, IIRC, she did say she could arrest it. IF its metals/pesticide induced.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #6 - 08/12/11 at 20:15:23

As someone with a couple of chronic conditions, I want to bring a positive thought to this. It is hard to be positive when a loved one is hurting, and I am sorry for that. I have a 28 yr old friend who had back surgery for a ruptured disc yesterday. Sent home the same day and no pain. In 1979 I stayed in the hospital with the same surgery for a week and had less pain than before. You guys remember the "lifting body" from the Weekly Reader in 5th grade? It became the Space Transportation System that we call the shuttle. I often think of people in other countries who don't even have an aspirin or water to wash it down. Some cancers once thought untreatable are now very curable. I have two friends who came through awful surgeries and weeks of chemo who are now doing great. Think positive, if you can. I don't always. But I know I should. ihth 

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
prsavage

atgatt

Nanaimo BC
Reply #7 - 08/17/11 at 12:33:02

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/11/11 at 12:53:25:
You guys dont  remember how HIV got started do you?
Back in the day, in several large cities, the goobs Announced the had a Vaccine they could give to people who lived an "At Risk" Lifestyle. ALL you had to do was go in & theyd Give you a shot. In a couple of years, aids was popping up on a large scale. If youre 56 or older, THINK & TRY to remember,., I remember..I saw it. But, by the time the disease started growing at "Scary" speeds, I had forgotten the  vaccine for free program.. I finally remembered it.

AIDS did not get its start as a government vaccination program.  When did you say this happened?  Given that the world's first known AIDS death was in 1959, all the people age 56 or over would have to have been very young children to remember any type of program.  The first US infection is believed to have been in the early to mid sixties with his death coming in 1969.

HIV-1 is thought to be a mutation of two or more types of SIV (Simian Immunodeficiency Virus).  The unlucky mutation (for humans) is that it was then able to cross species.  There have been numerous diseases which have attained this genetic feat.  Avian bird flu, anyone?  The history of SIV has been traced back 32,000 years.  The whole picture about the exact origin of the disease and the jump to humans will likely never be more than theory, but just knowing where it came from helps researchers move forward to learn how to stop it.

So, definitively NO.  It was not a  government "vaccine".

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 08/17/11 at 13:40:42

Okay,, sorry,, let me rephrase that,, yes, it existed,, but only after they offered a vaccination did it explode.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 10:22:08

General CategoryThe Cafe › Leukemia cure?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.