Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Accomplishments/goals/fears... (Read 238 times)
BrettKeiselsbeard

2007 S-40, 2003
GZ250

Sebastian Fl
Re: Accomplishments/goals/fears...
Reply #15 - 08/11/11 at 17:58:26

Kind of a diff angle but I was nervous working on my bike. A little history....I just started riding last Oct. Picked it up to overcome a longtime fear/want to ride. Knew it would be a good hobby if I could learn to work on the bike. Since then, with the help of this and other sites, I have adjusted valves, replaced brakes, replaced forks (on my gz250), modded the carb, cateye tailight, moved regulator, and soon to add dyna muffler. This is the best hobby I could have found and the Savage makes it possible.   Cool

2007 2/3 spacer, 150 main, 55 pilot, dyna muffler, K&N box, cateye tail, mustang fender bib, GZ250 seat.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #16 - 08/11/11 at 18:21:08

Accomplishments, getting back in the saddle and
riding after the crash and, 10 mths recovering.
Learning about the bike, doing the work myself. Smiley
Goals,
Do a sharp U-turn and not put the foot down..

Fears, gravel, sand,  people of all ages on cell phones,
little old ladies not stopping at stop signs..

IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #17 - 08/11/11 at 19:19:11

Fears:
Someone turning in front of me from a side street or intersection, resulting in head on collision.
A pot hole or serious groove in the road that could cause an accident.
Sliding out on gravel in a corner.
Have a bad enough accident to leave myself paralyzed in some fashion.
A co-worker of mine had a serious accident and became paralyzed from the waist down. :/ It is tragic.

Dislikes:
Harley snobs. Custom chopper snobs. Ok, biker snobs in general. ( while I'm at it - snobby people in general )
Cagers who drive using cell phones or being distracted by other things.
Bikers who ride in shorts, flip-flops, tank top and maybe no helmet. ( this might include people here so, no offense. Just my perspective. )

Accomplishments:
Starting to do some real work and customizing on my bike myself.

Goals:
Ability to do carb work & valve work. Learn to weld and fabricate custom things out of steel. Some day, take an engine or even a full bike completely apart and put it back together myself, and have it still work.  Grin

IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #18 - 08/12/11 at 07:02:42

Accomplishments - feeling way more comfortable (which might not be a good thing!) in traffic/highway riding, tearing down and resurrecting an old savage I bought and selling for a profit
Fears - I'm still scared of everything especially rolling around a turn to see a either a big rig or a big boulder in my line...  Shocked
Accidents in general...
Goals - having my wife quit squirming around when I have her on the back... Smiley

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 08/12/11 at 09:57:58

IF you see anything threatening in your line, Look at where you WANT to go.. do not look at the object that is scaring you, you WILL hit it. If you go into a corner too hot, dont look where your Think you may wind up, look up the road, where you want to go. Its NOT easy,, you have to Force your eyes to look where you want to go. Not where you dont want to go.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #20 - 08/12/11 at 10:59:03

yeah I know that routine. I ski, bicycle, drive and generally take that priciple to heart. When I take my kids skiing in the trees I always tell them to look at the spaces between the trees not AT the trees!

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 08/12/11 at 12:15:58

Now thats some Good Advice right there..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #22 - 08/12/11 at 19:42:02

Driveway is scary right now. It has just been graded and makes the Savage squirrely.  Major accomplishment:14 yr old daughter said she sees why we raised her to be nice, even to those who are not nice. She just started high school and is fitting in, because she dodges the drama.  Fears: For the first time in my life, I fear for my country. That's about it.  Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #23 - 08/12/11 at 20:42:03

mmosel wrote on 08/11/11 at 19:19:11:
Fears:
Someone turning in front of me from a side street or intersection...

A cager running 30-35 mph broadside -- I HELP I will be dead, otherwise I will be a lot of pain.

http://www.dslretorts.com/Paladin/archives/000108.html

http://www.dslretorts.com/Paladin/archives/000672.html

Accomplished: 45+ years in Telecommunications. . .  March 1966 in Biloxi MS, USAF Tech School -- November 30, 2011 last day on the job.

When I was 5 years old I was required to be somewhere, and have been required to be somewhere until age 65 -- 60 years from school thru work.  Goal:  Free Time!

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 10:26:51

General CategoryThe Cafe › Accomplishments/goals/fears...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.