Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Shell Rotella - where can i get it? (Read 916 times)
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Re: Shell Rotella - where can i get it?
Reply #30 - 08/12/11 at 12:41:14

Gyrobob wrote on 08/12/11 at 12:00:26:
 Maybe he just doesn't have an answer.

Now now there, Tsk Tsk, it's not Bill's fault if you don't get it.  Rotella is Diesel oil you see, made for powerful yet slow-turning Diesel engines.  No good at all for those lower powered high-revving motorcycle engines..   unless it's a 250.

250 good.  650 bad.   Truck motor good again.   Grin

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #31 - 08/12/11 at 12:52:51

Lets all go to the dollar store,Lets all go to the dollar store,Lets all go to the dollar store,To get us some Rotentella oil.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #32 - 08/12/11 at 12:55:31

Boule,

When you are trying to speak for Bill,  a wappin' and a moving your little Bill puppet's mouth open and shut and waving his little Bill puppet hands around --- question is " Does you little Bill like it?"

Warning:   don't play the attached video --
it is worse than the old man video and it certainly constitutes little Bill abuse ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #33 - 08/12/11 at 13:00:43

Boule’tard wrote on 08/12/11 at 12:41:14:
Gyrobob wrote on 08/12/11 at 12:00:26:
 Maybe he just doesn't have an answer.

Now now there, Tsk Tsk, it's not Bill's fault if you don't get it.  Rotella is Diesel oil you see, made for powerful yet slow-turning Diesel engines.  No good at all for those lower powered high-revving motorcycle engines..   unless it's a 250.

250 good.  650 bad.   Truck motor good again.   Grin

Ah.  That explains it.  250s were originally 2-stroke motors, so the carbon slipperage is not sequential enough for 650s,... therefore if you buy your 650 in India (Altius Scimitar 670cc diesel) they are all multi-oil regimented,.. and,.. therefore didactically compatible with the more recent imbedments of pheromonic friction reduction polymers.

The beauty of it all is that the Altius Scimitar is both a 650 (670 actually) AND a diesel, so you can have your cake and heat it due to fewer cracking requirements.

Anyway, the only new information here is.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #34 - 08/12/11 at 13:08:14

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/12/11 at 12:28:55:
Huh

Why Bill won't debate with you -- he can't take it no more !!!

I don't want to debate the issue!  I just want to learn!.  Bill knows something I have yet to understand, and, being a long-term motorcycle enthusiast, I have this deep rooted hunger for any information dealing with our 2-wheeled conveyances.

He knows some gem of info about why a 250 has different needs for its life blood than does a 650.  I am DYING to know that gem.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #35 - 08/12/11 at 13:30:54

Now you are getting too close to the real painful truth -- the sort of truth that makes puppet Bill cringe to even try to remember it ....

Bill started out with 250 dirtbike this and 250 dirtbike that and then he moved over to snowmobiles in the winter season ....  so all his learning experiences with the 250 engines were consistent and that is where he originally met his Techniplate based red wonder stuff.

Bill really hates spooge and he came to love the red stuff's distinctive smell when you get up into the powerband and the pipe is really throating well.  

Plus, if you send in a few labels off the bottle they will send you a big red sticker to put on your bike ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #36 - 08/12/11 at 13:42:51

Gyrobob wrote on 08/12/11 at 13:00:43:
Ah.  That explains it.  250s were originally 2-stroke motors, so the carbon slipperage is not sequential enough for 650s,... therefore if you buy your 650 in India (Altius Scimitar 670cc diesel) they are all multi-oil regimented,.. and,.. therefore didactically compatible with the more recent imbedments of pheromonic friction reduction polymers.

Grin

Precisely.  There is a band of viscoelastic impermeability that coincides only with the resonant philharmonic frequency of the 650cc engine (with stock cooling fins), when combined with the cheap bituminous resins found in Rotella, forms a cruft of malodorous frugality, resulting in loss of cup size, and  excessive adiabatic pressure, causing the release of hydrocarbons from one's gas cap, and ass.

That is what Bill was trying to say, but had to dumb it down a little.

« Last Edit: 08/12/11 at 14:46:09 by Boule’tard »  

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #37 - 08/12/11 at 13:44:06

Klotz has only made synthetic oil and has for almost 50 years,Rodendella just figured it out,In another 50 years they might figure out how to get it right.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #38 - 08/12/11 at 13:48:38

Bill, I'm not going to throw rocks at Klotz 2 stroke oil, I used it in my RD400 and I loved it.   Best thing since sliced bread for a 2 stroke motor ....

But Bill -- the Savage is a big bore 4 stroke motor that spins at the same rpm range as, well, a big diesel engine spins.
Big 4 inch pistons at about 6,500 rpm -- very much same-same.   Needs the same sorta oil properties, don't cha know it?

No "ring ding ding ding ding .....  raaaaaaaaaaaa ring ding ding a ding".

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #39 - 08/12/11 at 13:49:52

K-Y jelly blended with extra virgin olive oil would work in a twin 250cc engine,With  two little bitty pistons.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #40 - 08/12/11 at 13:55:38

bill67 wrote on 08/12/11 at 13:44:06:
Klotz has only made synthetic oil and has for almost 50 years,Rodendella just figured it out,In another 50 years they might figure out how to get it right.

Shell Oil, Inc., bought Klotz Synthetic Lubricants, Inc. lock stock and barrel a few years ago.  They put the whole Klotz staff in one of the Shell HQ break rooms.  Roll Eyes

Do a little research on what characteristics oil is supposed to have in aircooled (meaning sometimes really hot) motorcycle powerplants where the transmission uses the same oil and the clutch is wet, and you'll see that Rotella synthetic is perfect for that environment.  If they changed it any, it wouldn't work as well as it does now.

There are several sites on the internet where engineers explain why Rotella (and, to be fair, other diesel oils) are really good oils for wet-clutch motorcycles.

The fact that you can buy the oil at Walmart for about the price of a burger is just icing on the cake.  

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #41 - 08/12/11 at 13:58:29

K-Y jelly, huh?

Quit thinkin' about that poor puppet's piteous squealing sounds when that big ol' bony wrist wrenched and twisted its way on inside ....

Focus on the bikes and the oils they need instead.

2 stroke = Klotz,

4 stroke = Rotella

Savage = 4 stroke

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #42 - 08/12/11 at 14:47:31

Gyrobob wrote on 08/12/11 at 13:55:38:
bill67 wrote on 08/12/11 at 13:44:06:

Shell Oil, Inc., bought Klotz Synthetic Lubricants, Inc. lock stock and barrel a few years ago.  They put the whole Klotz staff in one of the Shell HQ break rooms.  Roll Eyes

LMAO  Grin

IP Logged
ero4444

weekender

Reply #43 - 08/13/11 at 07:31:02

Boule’tard wrote on 08/12/11 at 13:42:51:
Gyrobob wrote on 08/12/11 at 13:00:43:

Grin

Precisely.  There is a band of viscoelastic impermeability that coincides only with the resonant philharmonic frequency of the 650cc engine (with stock cooling fins), when combined with the cheap bituminous resins found in Rotella, forms a cruft of malodorous frugality, resulting in loss of cup size, and  excessive adiabatic pressure, causing the release of hydrocarbons from one's gas cap, and ass.

ok now somewhere in the middle of these two posts I crapped myself laffing so hard.  I think it was at the "band" in italics

c2001, 3800miles, 3rd owner, adjusted idle, raised seat, Tkat brace, Raptor petcock, cleaned carb, replaced some jets, Dyna muffler, Fiamm horns, Shinkos, future Ed L. forward controls, fork boots.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #44 - 08/13/11 at 09:44:15

Okay, okay,....    Roll Eyes

Bill67 is keeping his knowledge a secret.    Angry

Do any of the rest of you have any idea why a Suzuki TU250X (250cc aircooled single) would need a different kind of oil than a Savage?

btw -- that tu250 would make a tidy little cafe racer, eh?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:29:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Shell Rotella - where can i get it?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.