Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Shell Rotella - where can i get it? (Read 916 times)
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Shell Rotella - where can i get it?
08/10/11 at 13:46:04

Ok my MC genious's where do you get Shell Rotella for MC? I have looked at NAPA, Advance Auto, Auto Zone, Oreilly's, Car Quest......i am doing my 4th oil change along with the verslavy tonight - will need the oil tomorrow...please tell me what viscosity and or any other pertanent info i need and where to get it...I have been using Valvoline 10w40 4 stroke motorcycle oil since i got the bike...6900 miles now at 11K ( ihave been changing the oil every 1500 miles)...heard the Rotella cleans the engine out a little better....if that is not true and there is no real reason to change from what I have been using them convince me.

Thanks for your help....I know it is coming!

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Re: Shell Rotella - where can i get it?
Reply #1 - 08/10/11 at 13:46:48

I've bought both the Dino and Synthetic version at Wal-Mart  Grin

(Borrowed from one of Oldfeller's post)

Blue jug synthetic is 5w-40   (Rotella T6)

White jug dino is 15w-40       (Rotella T)

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #2 - 08/10/11 at 13:54:20

At any Dollar Store.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 08/10/11 at 14:12:08

Rotella products are available at WalMart, at Autozone and at Advanced Auto in the diesel oil section -- not in the car oil section.  

Not every individual store always stocks all the Rotella products at all times (they have a problem of selling out) but you have at least one store of each of these chains in your town that carries the white jug 15w-40 Rotella dino and a few blue jugs of the Rot Syn routinely.   Rot Syn sells out quick, so you will likely want to stock up some if you see it sitting on the shelf.

You can buy them at any interstate truck stop.

You can buy them at any large truck repair shop or fleet sales office.

You can buy them at the places that sell large diesel equipment such as Caterpillar, John Deer or Freightliner.

Your SAMS WAREHOUSE STORE has it in case lots.

Google maps -- go to the web page and type in Rotella oil in Greensboro, NC and it will spot 4 places that are Rotella oil distributors within easy driving distance.

=========

Bill, who in Greesboro NC stocks yer super-special commie red Klutz oil?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 08/10/11 at 14:43:23

I forget if it was the Kommie red stuff or the amish oil that I got out of TN.
Don't know if it was stocked there or drop shipped from the fact tree.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 08/10/11 at 14:45:44

Tractor Supply or wal mart. Its available at autoparts stores, but costs more, None of my gallons have Motorcycle on them,, but the stuff inside works fine.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
BillF6531
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reply #6 - 08/10/11 at 16:20:37

I've used the Rotella T-6 synthetic in three bikes now. A Suzuki Marauder 250, Honda Rebel 250, and now in my current S40. Each bike has made less mechanical noise with the T-6. It conforms to the JASO MA specification. Here's the definition: http://www.oilspecifications.org/jaso.php

2007 Suzuki Boulevard S40 - Pearl White <=== a real beauty!
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #7 - 08/10/11 at 18:42:55

Rotentella oil might,I say might be ok for 250cc but a 650cc I don't know about that.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
BillF6531
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reply #8 - 08/10/11 at 18:52:40

Well, Rotella is good enough for a Dodge Cummins diesel running 25 pounds of boost, so I'm confident in its ability to lube a 652cc motorcycle. The JASO MA certification only enhances that. That said, tell us what you don't know. I'm sure one of the gurus around here will help you out.

2007 Suzuki Boulevard S40 - Pearl White <=== a real beauty!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #9 - 08/10/11 at 19:07:12

Numerical Bill, you are talking to yourself while attempting to convince yourself of something you are completely unwilling to believe.

Still, you may have better luck with yourself than any of the rest of us ever have ....

Wink             rodentella, that was actually pretty cute

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 08/10/11 at 19:42:15

I purchase mine from Walmart for ~$21.XX/gallon. They do sell out from time to time, unlike their competitors. The rest of the shelves are brimming with oil but the poor ole Rotella T6 is scarce due to its popularity. Money well spent!

BTW... does anyone use it in their car? Are the additives safe for a catalytic converter?

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #11 - 08/10/11 at 19:47:53

bill67 wrote on 08/10/11 at 18:42:55:
Rotentella oil might,I say might be ok for 250cc but a 650cc I don't know about that.

An interesting take on the subject,.. I would love to be enlightened on how you arrived at such a conclusion.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #12 - 08/10/11 at 20:05:14

SuperSavage,

The amounts of ZDDP contained in diesel oils are potentially harmful to type 2 catalytic converters if your car is modern enough to have one on it.

Having said that, my 1990 and 1998 Acuras have both run their cat converters into the ground long long long ago ...

Both are running Rot Syn T6 for years now and both pass their annual exhaust sniff tests every year, so as we likes to say ..... it ain't recommended by the manufacturer, but ....

"You pays your money and you takes your chances -- your mileage may vary."

Also note, every 2 years I change the oil filter and I keep the oil between the marks on the dip sticks at all times -- both cars use enough oil that changing it isn't necessary as I functionally change the oil several times a year by periodic replacement.   I just add more as needed.

The oil never gets fully filthy dirty dark, it just gets sorta dim.

Speaking of Rot Syn, old cars and cat converters -- old valve stem seals drip and old rings blow oil by and Rot Syn can go through the combustion process without being destroyed and it remains a liquid that builds up in the exhaust system in normal around town short haul driving.   It drips occasionally from the tiny water drain points in the stainless steel exhaust system on my 1990 Acura.

Go on an interstate trip however and about a half hour into the 75mph+ driving you notice the residual oil burning out of the oil saturated beads in the cat converter when it finally gets hot enough to ignite and burn like a new cat converter does all the time.

5 minutes of Skeeeeeeeeeeter Foggggger flying down the road !!!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Africord
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 08/11/11 at 06:52:28

If you are concerned that a bigger displacement bike can't use this oil, then stop by some of the other bike sites.  I know there are strong contingents that use it in 800, 1100, and 1300 cc bikes.  Personally, I use T6 in my VFR800 and regularly wind the bike to 7,000 RPM (redline is 11,500).  The VFR develops 3 times the horsepower of the Savage/S40. The only reason I didn't stick in my wife's Savage is that I had other motorcycle oil I wanted to use up and she doesn't ride that many miles.  I'll move her bike to T6 in the spring.

IP Logged
mg66
YaBB Newbies

Never, never enough
miles ...

Reply #14 - 08/11/11 at 08:14:34

I use Rotella T6 in my SV650S and has way smoother shift changes.

I buy it at Walmart for around the $20 a big container (a gallon I think).

Here is what I posted on SVRider some time ago.

Rotella is the sh*t according to some. Apparently it does everything including increase libido, increases a full cup size for the ladies, prevents acne, cures rabies, grows back limbs, removes warts and makes a great contraceptive to name but a few uses. Oh and you can put it in your SV if you so desire.

This elixir truly is the wonder of modern man ... and yes, I do use Rotella. Why? Its oil and it's as cheap as anything else and sells at Wally's

mg66 (FIGJAM) ... Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul. ~ Author Unknown
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:21:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Shell Rotella - where can i get it?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.