ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Ooochie!...
08/10/11 at 09:32:26

"The albatross and the whales they are my brothers"
Corniest song lyric,.. ever... Grin...
Okay, okay,... it was a seagull...Huh...

"Imagine someone throwing a small dog at you as you ride along. It winded me.
It was a big bloody bird, video doesn't do it justice.
"

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
tragicallysteph
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Thunder Bay, ON
Re: Ooochie!...
Reply #1 - 08/10/11 at 09:40:34

That's nuts! How fast were you going?

Also, how often do you have a cam on your helmet? What a carzy fluke that you caught this on film ... er tape ... er digital recording format.

Be Kind Rewind.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 08/10/11 at 09:49:14

Grin... it's not me... I got it off of Youtube...

I have hit three birds while riding, (a sparrow in the right hand, one in the shin, and a pigeon in the chest,)...  but I never got it on camera...

Pretty convincing argument for FF helmets... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Sunchasers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks the Rockies!

Northern Colorado
Reply #3 - 08/10/11 at 10:07:53

On the way to high school from his farm, a buddy of mine caught a pheasant square in the chest ... took him clean off his bike!  Shocked   He ended up with only a broken arm and some (gravel) road rash.  Lucky it wasn't a foot higher or it would have taken him out permanently. Undecided

1987 LS650P, Blue/Purple, stock w/ white spacer mod, 2-1/4 turns, Raptor petcock, seat ht. mod, Verslavy, Routys F.C., 8300 mi
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 08/10/11 at 10:53:33

If ya hit a pheasant & it goes thru the face shield, is that what the calll Pheasant Under Glass?

I swiped that U Tube thing & posted it..

I rode thru a small swarm of bees once,, felt like someone had tossed about a dozen lit cigarettes on me. Didnt turn red & swell up much, but It was unpleasant..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #5 - 08/10/11 at 11:04:59

somewhat related - i was walking once and got hit square in the chest with a large water balloon thrown from a speeding car 45-50mph probably....well it knocked me down and knocked the breath out of me....was not sure there for a few minutes if i was going to live or die - very painful and scary to think a harmless water balloon could inflict such pain....darn punk teenage kids!...never slowed down to see if was hurt just kept on going

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #6 - 08/10/11 at 11:20:19

I was riding along, slowly overtaking a guy in a minivan when he threw his coffee out the window, splashing me with cold coffee. I yelled at him and he apologized- said he didn't see me. That was before I put the Raask exhaust on. One of the reasons I did.

( If this starts another loud exhaust war I will apologize.... after I finish laughing.) Grin Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #7 - 08/10/11 at 12:09:26

I seem to get alot of birds fly crossways in front of me.  Always startles the bejezzus outta me.

Once, there were two BIG some-kind-o-birds flying above my head, kinda low.  They were doing S weaves with each other, back and forth above me, but flying right along with the road.  I was afraid they were gonna pass each other in the middle and both take a big dump on me at the same time!  I finally slowed down, they made me so uncomfortable.  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #8 - 08/10/11 at 13:28:41

I was scootin' along the highway in my car, which is fairly low and ahead of me were some pigeons pecking at somebodies discarded lunch. As I approached, fully expecting for all of them to take off, a couple of them did but one of them had some attitude and started walking towards me as I approached. Still expecting him to take off, I ran over him, but not with the wheels and looked in my rear view to see what happened. It was tumbling down the road, got up on it's feet and continued to walk away from me, although a little unsteadily. I laughed so hard I almost went off the road. Grin Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #9 - 08/10/11 at 14:46:24

Here in the Midwest the crows are pretty good at judging the speed of cars, and continue to snack on "highway pizza" until the last possible moment.  They don't have nearly as much experience with bikes.  One of my BMW friends was "violating the rural speed limit" and came upon a murder of crows* snacking on road kill.  Danged beak penetrated his leathers and shin just below the knee armor!

*  Yes, that really is the correct term for a group of crows.  Geese are gaggles on the ground, skeins in the air, cattle, bison and other grass burners form herds.

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 08/10/11 at 14:49:37

When I got to England AFB in La, back in 74, the guy who was doing the 'Welcome & orientation" told me about a kid they had recent;y buried. He was walking back to the base & someone pitched an empty Coke bottle out at him. They were going Interstate speeds & it killed him right there, Hit him in the chest.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #11 - 08/10/11 at 15:28:59

weracerc wrote on 08/10/11 at 11:04:59:
somewhat related - i was walking once and got hit square in the chest with a large water balloon thrown from a speeding car 45-50mph probably....well it knocked me down and knocked the breath out of me....was not sure there for a few minutes if i was going to live or die - very painful and scary to think a harmless water balloon could inflict such pain....darn punk teenage kids!...never slowed down to see if was hurt just kept on going

I know all about the dangers of water balloons! Grin  Back in high school, I was cruising Main Street after school one afternoon in a '73 F150 @ about 35 mph.  One of my friends coming the other way chucked a water balloon at me, hit the windshield right in front of me.  Luckily I had my hat on and ducked reflexively, because it hit hard enough to bust the glass pretty good and actually push it in an inch or so where it hit.  He felt real bad and paid to have it replaced, so no real harm done, except where I unthinkingly tried to brush the glass dust off my arms when I got out of the pickup! Roll Eyes  Looking back, I blame the upright angle of the windshield.  I hit tons of birds in my '72 Comet: grouse, pheasants, etc. and nary a problem. Huh

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 08/10/11 at 15:45:34

Yea, I pitched a water balloon at a 2nd story apartment window when I was 16, I expected Id scare someone in bed & that would be funny.. I was Mortified when it went right on thru the danged window,,

IP Logged
MulletViper

Professional
Rivethead

Reply #13 - 08/10/11 at 17:11:45

Going to work one day around 6 in the morning, I was driving slow because I know how those deer like to pop out instantaneously. crappity smacking chicken out of nowhere runs across the road (he's completely across it) and right before I pass him he jolts back to the other side RIGHT UNDER MY FRONT TIRE. I've never seen so many feathers in my life. It was like someone filled a car with pillows and then detonated it. Got a bunch of feathers in my helmet and had to pull over to dump them out. Looked back, naked chicken was nowhere to be seen. Wonder what he told his wife  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Fish

Who Shot Who In The
What Now?

(near) Tampa, FL
Reply #14 - 08/19/11 at 16:41:30

MulletViper wrote on 08/10/11 at 17:11:45:
Going to work one day around 6 in the morning, I was driving slow because I know how those deer like to pop out instantaneously. crappity smacking chicken out of nowhere runs across the road (he's completely across it) and right before I pass him he jolts back to the other side RIGHT UNDER MY FRONT TIRE. I've never seen so many feathers in my life. It was like someone filled a car with pillows and then detonated it. Got a bunch of feathers in my helmet and had to pull over to dump them out. Looked back, naked chicken was nowhere to be seen. Wonder what he told his wife  Roll Eyes

That had to suck but omg this made me laugh hard. I can just envision the scene and a cloud of feathers bursting out.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 10:15:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › Ooochie!...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.