Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Jackson Hole, WY-updated lots of pics 08/16/11 (Read 275 times)
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Jackson Hole, WY-updated lots of pics 08/16/11
08/09/11 at 08:49:35

So, I'm getting things geared up for my first distance ride this weekend to Jackson Hole, WY. From my door to our destination is about 160 miles one way. I will be travelling alone on my bike, but my wife and a whole group of people travelling in cages will be meeting up for a weekend of fun.

Going to ride up Friday & enjoy the sights of Jackson Hole. Then we are camping out around a campfire. Come Saturday morning we will be whitewater rafting down the Snake River, then ride back home.

This will be my first time whitewater rafting and I'm STOKED!!!  Shocked

Here's some pics from a website of what I expect to be riding by and doing, and hopefully I will get lots of good pictures to post when I get back.

Scenic Jackson Lake / Grand Tetons (Not my pic)

Whitewater rafting on the Snake River (Again, not my pic, but will be rafting the same rapids)

« Last Edit: 08/16/11 at 13:40:48 by EJID »  

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: Jackson Hole, WY
Reply #1 - 08/09/11 at 08:59:57

rubber side down
in the raft too!!

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 08/09/11 at 09:56:57

Don't over fill your tank,... it'll surely spill over in that raft... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 08/09/11 at 17:58:31

Hope you can float, I sink in a full wet suit,w/o tank or weight belt... I rafted parts of the Salmon River in ROTC. The Salmon joins the Snake at Lewiston Idaho. I bounced out of the raft a couple times, managed to land on a small sturgeon one of them. Not sure who was more surprised... Huh

Have fun, take lots of pics, try not to swallow any of the river. It takes months to get out of the bathroom.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #4 - 08/09/11 at 22:39:24

Enjoy your ride on the bike and in the raft..
That is one thing I have 't done that I would love
to do.. Looks like it would be alot of fun...
Take lots of pics as we do want a report.
Remember the saying, " no pics, it didn't happen." Smiley kim

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #5 - 08/10/11 at 08:05:06

WD wrote on 08/09/11 at 17:58:31:
Hope you can float, I sink in a full wet suit,w/o tank or weight belt... I rafted parts of the Salmon River in ROTC. The Salmon joins the Snake at Lewiston Idaho. I bounced out of the raft a couple times, managed to land on a small sturgeon one of them. Not sure who was more surprised... Huh

Have fun, take lots of pics, try not to swallow any of the river. It takes months to get out of the bathroom.

Last summer when we were camping in Central Idaho a friend of ours brought a raft and my wife and 3 daughters ages 12, 8 & 3 all floated down a section of the Salmon river between Stanley and Challis. Looked like they had a ball even though it wasn't nearly the rapids that we will be seeing. My wife being the clutz that she is got knocked out of the boat holding our 3 yr old. No sooner had she hit the water and the guide (our friend w/the boat) already had a grab on the back of her lifejacket and she was back in the boat. She still denies that she fell out, but it just so happens that river follows the highway and I had stopped and was taking video of them as they came by. Was hilarious to watch over and over on the big screen at home. (She definitely fell out and screamed like a little girl)  Cheesy

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #6 - 08/11/11 at 03:30:52

They always deny it. Lisa fell off the sailboat when we were still on the Gulf Coast. In January. The one time it actually was cold when we lived there... At least we were just in the harbor, moving the boat from slip to trailer. Threw her a rope and she swam the boat to the launch.  Grin

She still claims we pushed her in... Roll Eyes

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #7 - 08/11/11 at 10:30:00

My new little video camera just showed up today  Grin Hopefully I will figure it out and be able to take some video of the ride to share.

Leaving in the morning  Cool

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #8 - 08/11/11 at 11:48:27

EJID wrote on 08/11/11 at 10:30:00:
My new little video camera just showed up today  Grin Hopefully I will figure it out and be able to take some video of the ride to share.

Leaving in the morning  Cool

Best of luck on your ride.  Be sure to keep the rubber side down!

Looking forward to pics and videos.  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #9 - 08/11/11 at 15:50:37

Have a great time!

(We did)

(And so did they)

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #10 - 08/15/11 at 09:57:22

Made it back and will be uploading some pix, but there were some last minute changes in plans...

Didn't get to ride the bike there (just too hectic gathering everything)  Sad

Bought an old-school disposable waterproof cam for some on-board boating pix (to be posted after actually getting them developed)

Here's one of the commercial photographer's pix that I might have to buy from if none of ours turned out.

This pic is from the "Lunch Counter" rapid of the Snake River - Classified as a Class IV rapid. I am the one on the right side of the boat closest to the driver (I'm weraring a blue hat that says 87 on it)
http://www.snakeriverphotos.net/p309797315/e1bdb50b

We made 2 trips down the same stretch of river with 2 boats on Saturday. I didn't realize just how much work is involved with loading/unloading those boats and just getting ready for the water. Paddling was work at times too.

My wife knew I wanted to ride the bike and it was kind of unspoken until we were driving back Saturday evening. After camping Friday night and rafting in the sun all day Saturday, she said, "Aren't you glad you didn't ride your bike?" And I had to actually agree with her. I was so tired and beat, it would have made for a difficult ride home. It was so much fun rafting that river that we hope to be able to make that an annual event and maybe even get in one or two more trips next year  Smiley

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #11 - 08/15/11 at 12:22:13

Nice to see and hear you made it there
and back safely. Anticipating the pics
and video.. Maybe next time you will be
able to ride the bike there and back...Smiley kim

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #12 - 08/16/11 at 13:40:24

OK, got some of the pics and decided to share...

Gathered around the campfire Friday night...full moon affected the colors of our Mystic Fire  Grin

Saw many Bald Eagles along the river, here's one we caught with the camera...

Here's our group of 13 people that went down in the blue and yellow rafts...

Our fearless leader climbing up the cliff...

And jumping off the cliff...

A personal photo of the blue paddle boat...

Now the rest are commercial photographer pics that are taken along the Lunch Counter rapids...you don't dare try taking pictures yourself through this stretch.  Shocked

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Jackson Hole, WY-updated lots of pics 08/16/11
Reply #13 - 08/16/11 at 15:32:51

& a Great Time was had by All!
Nice pics,, looks like a great time..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Re: Jackson Hole, WY-updated lots of pics 08/16/11
Reply #14 - 08/16/11 at 17:05:26

Looks like a great time. Thanks for sharing!

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 12:20:25

General CategoryThe Cafe › Jackson Hole, WY-updated lots of pics 08/16/11

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.