Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Peanut Tank for the S40 (Read 147 times)
Marco13
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Peanut Tank for the S40
08/08/11 at 14:33:05

Greetings to everyone!  I am new here and I have been searching within the blog and I couldn't find any topic about changing the stock tank to a peanut tank.  1. Can it be done 2. Where can I find the right size to fit the backbone of S40.  3. If possible how is it done?  Okay all you knowledgeable, creative masterminds, feed me.  Thanks

Marco

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Re: Peanut Tank for the S40
Reply #1 - 08/08/11 at 15:02:28

The Tech Section is for "how-to" instructions rather than "how do I" questions. Post your questions in the "Rubber Side Down" section for more comments/replies.

That being said we have people on here who have fit Sportster/Road King/Softail/Kawasaki tanks and more, but it takes some metal fab skills.

Here is a gallery of some of the older work done to these bikes:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/gallery/pictures.pl

Also check out the you and your ride links in the Cafe section:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1257442512/0

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Re: Peanut Tank for the S40
Reply #2 - 08/08/11 at 15:35:11

They're not too complicated usually.The bad thing depending on the set up you usually lose reserve.On this one I moved the petc0ck all the way to the rear.Had a VERY small reserve,but I got every last drop.I welded a connector nut to the backbone for the front mount.For the rear mount I cut the stock mount off the stock tank and welded to the Sporty tank.

On this tank it has a rubber mount underneath. I welded the bracket to the bottom side of the frame.The rear mount I made a tab that bolts on between the seat bolts.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 22:27:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Peanut Tank for the S40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!