Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Different kind of project - Wood, not MC related (Read 558 times)
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Re: Different kind of project - Wood, not MC relat
Reply #15 - 08/09/11 at 15:54:01

I'm with Bot - beer and buscuits (without the skunks)!  Sure sounds like you got a piece of the good life there, Piglet.  I'm glad for you.  Smiley

Ride free!
  IP Logged
joscswny
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NH
Reply #16 - 08/16/11 at 13:37:14

Is that like Skunked Grin Beer?

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #17 - 08/16/11 at 17:50:57

Always plenty of beer in my camp, but none skunky!  

Well, we got the countertops installed and the cabinets put back together.  I had taken all the hardware off to refinish the cabinets, so putting it all back on and reassembling all the doors and drawers was a job in itself.  Overall I am still happy with everything.  The colors are not perfect match, but what they hey.  Who cares, right?  lol

Oh, I almost forgot... I found the wall tile on clearance at Lowe's or Home Depot (can't remember which), bought all they had left for 4 cents each!  They are 4x4 peel-n-stick tiles that look like stone.  And boy are they sticky!  darn-near impossible to pull off if you place it wrong. Different kind of stick tile too, you actually grout them like you do with ceramic tile.  So I stuck them on Saturday and grouted them Sunday.  Was a little worried about how they were gonna look, but I think it turned out just peachy.  Now to put the sink in, paint, and trim, and my kitchen is in good shape.  

Whatcha think?

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #18 - 08/16/11 at 17:55:00

Wow that looks great.. Nice job gal..
One question..
When can I move in??  Grin Grin Grin
That stove is soo cute and it does look
like it will bake some awesome biscuits..
Enjoy it as  much as you can.. Hugs..Smiley kim

IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #19 - 08/16/11 at 20:09:48

When is the house warming bash?  Cool

Ride free!
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #20 - 08/17/11 at 00:35:57

Babyhog it looks real nice,You and your husband have a lot of energy.When you get older you lose a lot of that or at least I did.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #21 - 08/17/11 at 07:27:55

Might just have to have an actual house warming bash.  Hadn't really thought about it LOL.  If you're ever in the neighborhood, look me up!

Yes Bill, I already have lost alot of the energy I used to have.  Hopefully we will get this place done before I lose it all!   Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #22 - 08/17/11 at 08:37:03

That's a camp?   Shocked  Geesh it looks nicer than my house.  Probably more up to code too, if yall put a GFCI outlet by the sink.  Well done!

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #23 - 08/17/11 at 08:40:59

Piglet and hubby will be nice and comfy in their camp..
O bTw Piglet, are those Turkey decoys on the high
shelf above the cabinets? I meant to ask earlier..
I would like to place an order of cooked Turkey, biscuits
and a beer please..  Grin Grin Grin kim

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #24 - 08/17/11 at 09:09:39

Boule’tard wrote on 08/17/11 at 08:37:03:
That's a camp?   Shocked  Geesh it looks nicer than my house.  Probably more up to code too, if yall put a GFCI outlet by the sink.  Well done!

Yea,, that was how I was seein it,, nicer thsn my house by a mile,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #25 - 08/17/11 at 09:40:30

Haha, yes its a nice camp.  Its just all new and clean right now.   Ok, I'll show a few more, so you can see its not all ritzy.  We're using almost entirely hand-me-down stuff.  Bought the stove new, but its apartment sized, and got it at the scratch-n-dent place cheap.  Friend gave us a fridge.  Hubby picking up stuff all the time.  Oh, we also frequent the Habitat for Humaity Re-Store, where they sell lots of donated items.  Got the lazy-susan there for like $30.  Its an oldie but goodie.  Metal/copper shelves in it.  They were nasty (and I mean nas-ty!) to clean, but I suffered through it.  It spins like a top!

Yep, those be turkey decoys.  Bunch of them running around the property.  Last year was my first turkey hunting adventure, looking forward to fall season.  Some come on over girl, we'll cook us a mean meal!  

Ok, here's a few other shots of our small slice of heaven...

Roofing was not a pleasure...

Loft above the kitchen/bath half.... air mattress... LOL

Stripped a log, cut a quarter of it out and mounted.  Will eventually have hand rail added... once I strip and make them.
Oh, those beams are over 100 year old cedar, an old friend had them in his barn for, he said, at least 50 years.  Gave them to us.  Power washed and they are beautiful.  (and free!)  

Hubby dozing out front, and I was stripping the log in the foreground.

And my treestand out in the woods...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 08/17/11 at 10:28:30

I LOVE it!  Thats just way cool,,
Having equipment is sure nice, isnt it?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #27 - 08/17/11 at 11:05:04

Thanks alot JOG.  The dozer belongs to us.  Belonged to my husband's dad.  His mom came close to selling it when Dad died.  I thought hubby was gonna have a coronary.  But we finally got it.  Whew.  He just texted me and he's up there dozing as I type this.  He loves that thing.  I re-vinyled the seat, backrest and arm rests and he built the ROPS from steel that I got from where I work.  We're poor but got good fringes.  LOL

The lift belongs to the company he works for, along with a generator we use alot, trailers, a John Deere Gator, and many, many perks like that.  But they don't mind, and he takes good care of stuff, so its very nice.   

Oh, another "re-purposing" project was the tree-stand.  Built from wood pallets that we would have burned at work, so we took them and tore them apart.  I think they made great siding.   Wink

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #28 - 08/17/11 at 11:14:14

Bustin pallets is earnin the wood.. They are Hrd to get apart & not wreck the wood,, A recip saw helps,,

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #29 - 08/17/11 at 19:55:15

Great photos.  You have shamed me inspired me to at least get something done on my house, so today I got out in the heat and did some lead abatement and repainting.  Not nearly as big a project or as sucky as roofing, but that is what was needed the most.

Setups like yours get me to thinking about a camp/retreat sort of place, which when reduced to the here-and-now usually leads to me working on some dippy thing around the house, which I like to think will afford us more time and money for the ultimate getaway, some day.

Those books by David and Jeanie Stiles, about cabins/retreats/huts/treehouses/forts are  also good dream material, I love them.   Your setup has much of the same “snuggly” factor but adds elements (I guess the dozer and bedded loft) that kind of uh, speak to me as a man Cheesy  

Yep, basically green with envy here.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 04:21:44

General CategoryThe Cafe › Different kind of project - Wood, not MC related

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.