Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Three thoughts in three seconds (Read 132 times)
ksthumper

Olathe, KS
Three thoughts in three seconds
07/31/11 at 11:36:36

So I pulled out o my garage and started going for a nice cruise on the road. I looked around and saw no-one around me so I goosed the throttle and had a mental "WEeEEEeeeeee!!!" moment when suddenly I heard a slight high pitched rattle and thought "huh?"

A split second after that my nice thump-thump went to BRAP-BRAP and my previously thrilled state turned into an "awww... Crap" moment when I looked down to see my baffle dangling about in the open like a perv.

Thankfully my wife was able to come visit me alongside the road with a pair of oven mits to neuter my muffler and to drag me back home with my tail tucked between my legs and setting of car alarms as I passed down my small road to home.

To make myself feel better and to let my muffler cool I decided to do the only availinle option a true man could take!

...thank my wife and grill her some lunch...

99 savage: k&n filter, .6 spacer mod, 152.5 main, stock pilot, open HD shorty "muffler" and currently working on bobbing.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Three thoughts in three seconds
Reply #1 - 07/31/11 at 12:26:46

"like a perv..."...  Grin...

How's your baffle mounted?...
Any chance you could run a couple of screws from the outside of the pipe, into the baffle to hold it in place?...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
ksthumper

Olathe, KS
Reply #2 - 07/31/11 at 12:38:21

It has a single screw in to hold it. I'd been messing with different configs and forgot to put the locking washer back on. When I pulled in I found it on my tool box next to the wrenches.

Suffice to say the wife thought it was hilarious. I cracked a joke about it being like using a urinal without unzipping. Missing a step tends to create problems. Or at least a mess. Or a puddle.

99 savage: k&n filter, .6 spacer mod, 152.5 main, stock pilot, open HD shorty "muffler" and currently working on bobbing.
  IP Logged
TheSnakeLady

Thumpers Rule!!!

Central New York
Reply #3 - 07/31/11 at 12:50:18

Lol, I don't mean to laugh at you but darn, you're choice of words caught me off gaurd!  LOL!   Grin

My ride is a 2005 LS650, customized with ISO grips, cone air filter, stage 1 jets, Jardine exhaust, solo seat, AM turn sigs, and a catseye tail light. Next year, custom paint job (hopefully)!
  IP Logged
ksthumper

Olathe, KS
Reply #4 - 07/31/11 at 13:06:23

My coworkers hate it when I tell stories. I DM alot of dungeons and dragons games so I like a bit of flair or humor. They have the lamest sense of humor ever.  Tongue

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 07/31/11 at 15:55:56

ksthumper wrote on 07/31/11 at 13:06:23:
They have the lamest sense of humor ever.  Tongue

Q  What's red,  and smells like blue paint?....
A  red paint.... Huh...

--------------------

Q  Knock Knock...
A  Come in... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
ksthumper

Olathe, KS
Reply #6 - 07/31/11 at 17:22:16

I'm so using that at work tomorrow considering I work in an industrial printing facility.

Did you hear about the red pirates and blue pirates crashing together?

They were marooned!

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #7 - 08/01/11 at 18:18:11

same darn thing happend to me when I was about 400 miles from home. Heard a repetitive "tink tink tink", looked down and saw that my muffler was only hangin on by a thread. Litterally it was hangin on by a thread of fiberglass wrap. Just as I started to slow down, the darn thing broke loose and flew into the ditch. So I throttled up and never looked back.

« Last Edit: 08/02/11 at 08:34:17 by splash07 »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 12:32:57

General CategoryThe Cafe › Three thoughts in three seconds

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.