Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Re: 2013 FI S40?
Reply #15 - 08/02/11 at 17:39:03

John_D FSO wrote on 08/02/11 at 15:56:35:
It looks like they finally got the Mahindra (sp) imported from India with a diesel; they had quite a time getting all the "legal" stuff finalized.  Supposed to be a decent little rig I guess? Huh
http://www.dfwmahindra.com/index.php?x=vehicleinfo

Awesome, I'm glad there's something I like coming down the pike.  When it's time for a new truck, driving to Dallas would be a heck of a lot easier than my other idea, to try to get a Toyota Hilux.

And then collect used veg oil and make biodiesel  Cheesy

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #16 - 08/02/11 at 19:25:03

Can't run high octane in the twin ignition Rangers, they'll "blow up". Ditto fuel treatments. And spray cleaners or soak in treatments will cook the TPS pick-up.

I'm leaning towards a sticking/stuck thermostat. Top hose gets the equivalent of white hot within a couple miles...

Overdrive? I don't generally bother, can bury the needle in 4th. Rarely get on the freeway, truck tops out around 80, nowhere near enough top end for Memphis traffic.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #17 - 08/02/11 at 23:10:40

Yeah Ford has a fiesta in the UK and I think Australia that runs a diesel and it gets 65 miles per gallon. They refuse to import it. I read some articles where they claim there is no demand, or it would cost too much to import an engine from the UK. (huh?)

The other bad news is that the new regulations on diesels here makes them much harder to run biodiesel. I think the latest TDIs will not run biodiesel at all, which is a real shame. There could very easily be a biodiesel revolution happening but the powers that be don't seem to want that.

http://thegreencarco.com/blog/green-guise/green-guise-volkswagen-turns-back-o...

My dad runs old diesel Dodge trucks and old Mercedez on biodiesel full time.

Even if Ford did sell the diesel Fiesta here, I don't know if it would run on biodiesel or not.

IP Logged
prsavage

atgatt

Nanaimo BC
Reply #18 - 08/10/11 at 00:34:53

I would look at a FI Savage if they could make it as good a performer as the FI Boulevard C50.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #19 - 08/10/11 at 02:29:37

mmosel wrote on 08/02/11 at 23:10:40:
Yeah Ford has a fiesta in the UK and I think Australia that runs a diesel and it gets 65 miles per gallon. They refuse to import it. I read some articles where they claim there is no demand, or it would cost too much to import an engine from the UK. (huh?)

The other bad news is that the new regulations on diesels here makes them much harder to run biodiesel. I think the latest TDIs will not run biodiesel at all, which is a real shame. There could very easily be a biodiesel revolution happening but the powers that be don't seem to want that.

http://thegreencarco.com/blog/green-guise/green-guise-volkswagen-turns-back-o...

My dad runs old diesel Dodge trucks and old Mercedez on biodiesel full time.

Even if Ford did sell the diesel Fiesta here, I don't know if it would run on biodiesel or not.

MMosel, I do not know who your sourse of info are, but I wouldn't mind calling them liars big time.

1) Never tell a kid "don't eat the cookies in the jar", that's when they get "ate"! So, just ask people at gas stations "would you drive a 100hp Fiesta if it gave you 65mpg? Would you drive a diesel?"
THAT is what creates demand!

2) Ford Fiestas, VW, Audis, BMW, MB, Fiats (who invented multijet TDis) GM all make excellent diesel engines which will deliver anything from 140 to 170hp from a Euro5 2 liter 4 cylinder powerplant...
AND still deliver at least 50 mpg on a C-class Mercedes, or a 3-Series BMW! And I'm talking about a 2-liter 4 cylinder engine, not the overrated 3.5 liter V6 or an entirely unnecessary 5 liter V8 !

3) All the above have been running on industrial grade biodiesel in Germany for years.

4) You CANNOT run a direct-injection, common rail TDi on home-made veggie oil brew because you cannot buy the required chemicals in large enough quantities to make the whole process worthwhile...
B U T
considering higher demand will justify lower prices, you should expact diesel to drop from the ridiculous price you pay in the US to 90% or less of low grade Regular, as it should be.

Why is this? Because in a refinery, you actually refine diesel to obtain gasoline!!!

It's like saying that wine is more expensive than brandy ! Or that beer is more expensive than whiskey!

See my point ?
 Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 08/11/11 at 04:50:15

I would guess a large percentage of people would say yes to that question about buying a 65 MPG car!  There is a small 2 cylinder diesel car in france that gets 80 MPG.  Here we have fat hogs that weigh 900 lbs or more and get 30 mpg.  Thanks bushy and big oil!!

IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #21 - 08/11/11 at 19:29:18

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_37/b4099060491065.htm?chan=au...

http://www.grist.org/article/fiesta

From above article: ( back in 2008 it looks like )
The Ford Fiesta ECOnetic, a small, sporty five-seater that gets an impressive 65 miles per gallon, will the hit the road in November -- but only in Europe. "We just don't think North and South America would buy that many diesel cars," says Ford America President Mark Fields.

http://www.certifiedmastertech.com/wordpress/2009/07/17/ford-fiesta/

http://gas2.org/2011/02/10/petition-to-bring-ford%E2%80%99s-global-diesel-ran...

I agree, and that's why it is complete bull that Ford won't import it here. It would sell big time, I personally think. But do they want Americans to know they can sell cars that get 65 MPG? They make us think 35 MPG is GREAT!

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #22 - 08/12/11 at 06:02:19

I've read the whole list of links you provided, and many related links... over an hour poring over interviews, releases, figures etc.

My conclusion is that Ford (and GM) thinktanks are still convinced we are in the '60s, when USA would buy American and South America would "See, Seῆor" in Speedy Gonzales style to the Yankee salesman anytime the latter waved something under their nose.

With global markets showing the consumer what can be achieved, and with nobody bowing with a Speedy Gonzales accent anymore, Ford and GM had better get their act together before it's too late.

Ford sells the Ranger here in Italy with a wonderful 2.5 liter 143hp TDi; for those who want to save a few bucks, its clone is also sold as the Mazda [something], they're both built in Thailand.
http://www.ford.co.uk/Commercialvehicles/Ranger

Else, there's :

Nissan
http://www.nissan.co.uk/#vehicles/4x4/navara

Toyota
http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/generic_editorial.jsp?navRoot=toyot...

In Argentina, when GM shut down shop, Italian FIAT and Indian TATA were quick to create a joint venture and gobbled up the entire organization, with plants, machinery etc. still standing and requiring only some adjustemns to the tooling to convert from producing GM cars to Italian sedans and Indian 4x4s
"Latin American Operations
Tata Motors has taken its alliance with Fiat to produce a new one-tonne pick-up truck, for Latin American markets from Fiat's facility in Argentina. This arrangement will also see Tata Motors forming a joint venture with a subsidiary of Iveco, the commercial vehicle division on Fiat, to set up a distribution network.
"
This is their pickup, with a 2.2 liter 140hp TDi

"The Xenon is powered by newly developed 2.2L common rail turbodiesel 140 PS (103 kW) engine (DICOR)[i.e. Direct injection Common Rail]. It also features the extended cab (X-Tend cab) for the first time to selected markets. The Xenon is assembled in Thailand by Tata-Thonburi JV, and in Argentina by Tata-Fiat JV."

So, get ready Ford and GM, the market is ripe and ready for diesel light trucks, SUVs and family cars !!!

Cool

Now, back to biking ...  Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #23 - 08/14/11 at 00:44:47

Suzuki has a 250 thumper that is Fuel Injected - 2011 TU250X. ( 79 mpg too )

So I wouldn't be surprised to see them release the S40/Savage with fuel injection. But I'd still rather keep my carb.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #24 - 08/14/11 at 04:19:24

I think the end of carburetors may be the Big Event the Mayans were seeing on the calendar.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 08/14/11 at 13:28:30

Justin, that is great!!   I guess the end of carbs will seem like the end of the world to some..

I guess most of the ethanol problems will end also, except for the millions of people that still own carbed engines...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 12:22:36

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2013 FI S40?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.