Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Relief! (Read 90 times)
ksthumper

Olathe, KS
Relief!
07/29/11 at 07:34:43

Oh man... 100s all week and we finally get a chance for rain to cool it down and it missed us by FIVE MILES!!! Oh well. But on the plus side the temp has dropped (90s) and I can pick up my tools again without brining myself. Not to mention not roasting my turkey on my seat Shocked

99 savage: k&n filter, .6 spacer mod, 152.5 main, stock pilot, open HD shorty "muffler" and currently working on bobbing.
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Re: Relief!
Reply #1 - 07/29/11 at 08:08:59

Funny, on the local news the other night they had trivia, and the last time we reached 100o was in 2007!!! We hit mid 90s during our summers but seldom hit the century mark. But then again our riding season is cut shorter than yours...

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 07/29/11 at 08:17:50

Been hot here all week.  Forgot to move the bike into the shade Tuesday, and my "turkey" was well-done and pushing crispy by the time I got home!  121° on my thermometer in the sun when I left work.  (Actual temps were upper 90's)  Wednesday, I decided to try my Saddlemen furry gel pad, but man it was hot and sweaty too.  Plus I didn't like the way it changed my riding position.  So yesterday I moved the bike to the shade about an hour before riding time.  Got it down to 111.1° .  It helped, but it was still mighty hot and steamy.

Today I gave in and drove the Jeep.  Sad

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #3 - 07/29/11 at 08:42:59

The way our summer (fall) is going, it will take
a miracle for us to even get to 90 this year.
Last weekend was so beautiful. Into the 80's
both days.. Has been cool, some rain and little
sun since. Sad
Today is even overcast as of now. Temps for
the weekend are suppposed to be in 70's with
sun..Smiley Yet that can change instantly..
I am planning to ride later even if it stays cloudy..
I need some 2 wheel therapy..Smiley  hugs to all.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
ksthumper

Olathe, KS
Reply #4 - 07/29/11 at 09:48:18

I think the most comfortable I'd ever been on a bike in the extreme heat was on my old 84 v65 magna. Gel grips and a nice sheep skin cover. I could just jump and go without 6th degree burns lol. Sadly I lost that bike in a fire ironically.

I'm watching this splattering of green over Kansas on the radar and I'm kinda torn on if I'm gonna ride to work or not...

99 savage: k&n filter, .6 spacer mod, 152.5 main, stock pilot, open HD shorty "muffler" and currently working on bobbing.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #5 - 07/29/11 at 17:21:01

Rode 20 minutes out of my way to buy a box of .308s for a friend just because I could. Found a cloud and got rained on for about a mile, about 5 miles out. I was really wet and dried out before I got there. Upper 90s predicted next week as last week.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
fascar228
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Islamabad
Reply #6 - 07/30/11 at 01:03:30

No relief here! May & June are dry and hot 40-45c. July & Aug are 37c-40c with extreme humidity...u sweat just standing there....u can even feel it trickling down arms legs and the back. Its horrible!! But we have to take and keep riding....need to take a lot of fluids.....the s40 does not mind it though....as long as there are not too many stop and go. the legs do get roasted....I wonder what happens to the harley people and their mighty V engines??

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 14:35:18

General CategoryThe Cafe › Relief!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.