Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
K&N Cone Filter Install? (Read 144 times)
Wake51

Murphy's Law

St. Louis
K&N Cone Filter Install?
07/27/11 at 15:18:24

I'm looking to install a K&N Cone filter on my Savage. RC-2330 is the part number I believe. I'm curious as to what needs to be done for the physical installation. I know obviously that afterwords I will need to re jet and tune accordingly. But what manipulation will I need to do with the stock airbox, and isn't there some sort of breather hose that also needs a smaller filter? If you can't tell this is my first time working with the air induction on a bike, and I'd like to know what I'm getting into so I can have all the right parts and tools present for the first attempt at it.

Thanks a million!
-Wake

IP Logged
SoE

Rollin' the dice on
fire...

East TN
Re: K&N Cone Filter Install?
Reply #1 - 07/27/11 at 15:49:30

You may not have to rejet. I tweaked my air/fuel mix a little to add fuel and that's been it so far.

I put a chrome cone right on the intake and it was snug getting it in there but not too much trouble. I was done in 20 mins

IP Logged
SoE

Rollin' the dice on
fire...

East TN
Reply #2 - 07/27/11 at 15:54:25

I think you're talking about one that fits right on the intake. Get someone to verify that.
If so, you'll remove the hose to the airbox and put the cone right on where it connected. Hold your tongue right to get it in place and then use a screwdriver to tighten it down.
Then your old filter can come out, or whatever. I put my voltage reg in that box and left the plastic cover off to help it get a little airflow. But I was cleaning up the fender and you may not be looking to go that far.

IP Logged
Wake51

Murphy's Law

St. Louis
Reply #3 - 07/27/11 at 16:19:34

Ah so its as easy as just strapping it to the throat of the carb and making it fit eh? What is the smaller filter attached to an adjacent hose that some people seem to have with their modded air filter? Is that anything in which I'm going to need to modify/be concerned with?

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #4 - 07/27/11 at 16:32:01

That's the crank case breather. If you remove the airbox you will have to put the little filter on. If not the breather gets filtered air from the airbox, so don't remove the stock filter.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 22:22:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › K&N Cone Filter Install?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.