Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Anybody else got an itch? (Read 251 times)
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Anybody else got an itch?
Reply #15 - 07/27/11 at 01:28:48

In Alaska at a fishing camp, they advised us to take garlic pills. It really works, altho you kinda burp up garlic, it does keeps the bugs away. And the girls!~ but when your fishing. who has time for girls!?

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #16 - 07/27/11 at 04:30:55

Wolfman wrote on 07/27/11 at 01:24:05:
Piglet, go to bass pro or cabelas and get one of the battery/butane  powered mosquito repellers. Cant remember the name of em now, you slide a sheet of stuff in them and turn em on. Lasts about 8 hours. I got friends down south swear by them.
Wont spook game, no smell and their made for hunters. Fairly sturdy and refillable.
Wal-mart sells a cheaper version youve probably seen advertised on TV by OFF.

Hunting in your stand you could use a centonella candle or bucket. Id just be sure to burn it a few times before season so they could get used to the smell. They smell it a few times in the area they wont associate it with danger if their not spooked by something.

I think you are talking about a Thermacell.  I have one, it seems to work pretty good, so far.  You can get a dirt cover scent pad for it as well, for hunting.  I haven't tried that yet though.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #17 - 07/27/11 at 06:11:15

I have seen the commercials for thermacells during hunting shows.  I assumed they were expensive, but I just searched and see that they are relatively inexpensive.  ~$20.  Be buying one of those by Friday.  Thanks!  Will be perfecto in my new tree stand!  Yes Yes!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #18 - 07/27/11 at 06:22:45

Babyhog, i also bought the holster for the thing as well, it give you a place to keep an extra fuel bottle and the pads, just so you don't loose everything.  You are supposed to lay the thermacell down flat when you use it and they make neat (read expensive) holders to clamp it to the stand.  It was a little tricky using mine up my ladder stand last year.  So I experiemented and used two of the big spring clamps, the kind that look like giant clothespins, I think I can clamp the thing anywhere at any angle now.  They were just something I had laying around.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #19 - 07/27/11 at 06:37:53

prechermike wrote on 07/27/11 at 06:22:45:
Babyhog, i also bought the holster for the thing as well, it give you a place to keep an extra fuel bottle and the pads, just so you don't loose everything.  You are supposed to lay the thermacell down flat when you use it and they make neat (read expensive) holders to clamp it to the stand.  It was a little tricky using mine up my ladder stand last year.  So I experiemented and used two of the big spring clamps, the kind that look like giant clothespins, I think I can clamp the thing anywhere at any angle now.  They were just something I had laying around.

Ah ha, I see.  Thank you so much!  You save me alot of research.   Smiley

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #20 - 07/27/11 at 15:42:22

Yeah, thermacell. They were pretty pricey when they first came out. I havent tried one yet. Make sure to stock up on the bottles n such before season.

Dry as it is youd think the skeeters would be minimal. I dont know where their finding stale water to breed in but their finding it! D@mn things in the garden of an evening are about the size of small dragonflies!...lol
Ticks are bad this year to. Lil extra poisonus this year. Start to burn soon as they start to bite and thick.

IP Logged
fascar228
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Islamabad
Reply #21 - 07/30/11 at 01:14:24

Itch...Itch... Its a small word....where I live we have DENGUE mosquitoes, and that's bad. major line of defence are the insect killer sprays, repellents.
An OLD remedy were mosquito nets!!! believe me they are still the most effective.
We should declare war on the mosquitoes....GLOBALLY!!..... whereas we are running after polio, TB and Afghanistan/Iraq....

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #22 - 07/30/11 at 18:42:26

I have noticed that some people just attract more gnats, mosquitos, etc. My daughter gets eaten alive when we camp out, so we use Repel or Cutters with DEET. I have a neighbor who gets wasp stung any time he gets around a nest. I have personally been standing beside him three times on three different occassions when he got zinged by red wasps.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 10:18:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › Anybody else got an itch?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.