Brand new S40 rider (Read 92 times)
TGaa
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

No. Cal. - by Chico
Brand new S40 rider
07/25/11 at 16:39:40

Hi, I just purchased a new 2011 S40 after 15 years of non-riding(except for bicycles).  I am now 74 and have ridden many bikes in the past, including Honda 305 dreams, scramblers, 250's, 125's , Powell scooters and one of my favorites - a late 50's Norton 600cc single ( which now brings me back to a thumper.)
I would like to get some advice and recommendations from the members of this forum.  I am 6'0"  235# and will do local street riding in and around small towns where I live in No California(by Chico).  Any advice on getting used to this bike?  Should I consider raising the seat an inch or so(as I have seen on this forum?).  Other tips or mods to consider?
Thanks -  I have enjoyed reading this forum for the last week or so.
Tom

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Re: Brand new S40 rider
Reply #1 - 07/25/11 at 17:35:37

Welcome, You can raise the seat if it bothers you. I put an extra layer of memory foam in mine. Ride it awhile and see if there is anything you don't like. If there is bring it up and you'll get plenty of advice.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 07/25/11 at 17:53:48

So what's cramping your style?
there are seat mods, extended foot controls and different handlebars.

WWW   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 07/26/11 at 06:14:18

Congrats on your purchase- it is a great bike.
That said- it is small, which is great for the handling but not so great for comfort. The seat in particular is awful. To save your coccyx you will need to modify our replace the seat. I personally put Routy's 6" forward controls on and installed a Corbin seat. If that puts the handlebars too close you can turn the risers around, which will get you about 3" forward extension from stock.
Use the search function and don't forget to select "all posts" in the appropriate box. You will find lots of info on mods of all types.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:18:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Brand new S40 rider

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.