Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Classic rookie mistake. (Read 399 times)
Cate
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lincoln, CA
Re: Classic rookie mistake.
Reply #15 - 07/26/11 at 12:56:57

Gyrobob wrote on 07/26/11 at 11:38:23:
babyhog wrote on 07/26/11 at 10:07:36:
Gyrobob wrote on 07/25/11 at 20:15:00:
Cate wrote on 07/25/11 at 20:13:38:
I am a new owner of a 2001 Savage and just found this site yesterday. I have had my motorcycle license for 3 days and I can't tell you how nice it is to read threads like this. Thank you for sharing your mistakes, friends.

Wow.  First post and gender in question. Wink

Hey Bob, you really DON'T want all the women here to gang up on you...   Angry   Wink

Are you sure about that?

Ha! Grin

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #16 - 07/26/11 at 19:19:50

Back in 2007, I was riding a Shadow 650.. I
hadn't ridden it but a couple times. On this
particular day, I was about 4 miles from the
house, it started sputtering, engine died..
I coasted to the shoulder. Wondered what
in the heck was going on?? Undecided
I decided to go thru check list.. Oh yeah forgot
to turn the fuel on.. Embarrassed
My scooter I didn't have to turn fuel on and off.
I wasn't in the habit and felt good though that I,
was able to figure it out by myself. Smiley
Now had the HD rider that went past pulled over and
discovered it for me, I might not have felt so good then.. kim

IP Logged
AZSGT

2006 Bobber

Mesa, AZ
Reply #17 - 07/26/11 at 19:24:17

Ya Kim, of all the people to help it was 3 big boys on HD's. Both the best and worst possible help when you make a dumb rookie mistake.

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #18 - 07/26/11 at 19:28:52

AZ,, feel good that they stopped and offered.
Some no matter what they ride, don't even
do that..
Now just think how good you will feel when you
return the favor someday..Smiley kim

IP Logged
r4fun
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Toronto- ON
Reply #19 - 07/27/11 at 17:36:29

Good one, I'm a rookie too!
Good to know. Wink

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #20 - 07/27/11 at 18:29:05

You young whippersnappers dont know what a kickstarter is. Somebody I know very well kicked on a kickstarter for over 30 minutes one day with the kill switch on. I ashamed to tell who that idiot is.  Roll Eyes

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #21 - 07/27/11 at 19:32:45

Angie wrote on 07/26/11 at 06:36:06:
The other day I saw a couple on a huge ol Harley (no I dont know exactly what kind, other than it was a Harley and it was black, lol) run out of gas right in front of where I work.  Good thing there is a gas station next door.   Grin

Now for my latest brain fart.  Just yesterday, I was letting my bike warm up a bit before I headed home.  Had my gear on, so i hopped on, put up the kick stand and popped her into gear.  Which would have worked out alot better if I would have had the clutch pulled in.  It jumped and died, about giving me a heart attack in the process.  Oh yeah, Im a cool biker alright.  Roll Eyes

Angie, I know acouple of old guys at church who ride, so they were all for me when I got the 650. One insisted that I ride over and show him my bike. I had regaled them with stories of riding dirt and slinging rooster tales and long wheelies on a 750 Kawa 2-stroke. After he approved of my Savage I hopped on all cool and did the same thing you did.  Embarrassed

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #22 - 07/28/11 at 05:01:47

Not bike related, but years ago I was on strike duty at a factory I worked at and we were doing burnouts in our cars in front of the factory. I didn't know how to do it so when my turn came up (I was driving a '69 "chief with 300 horse heads and a turbo 350 trans) I revved it way up in neutral and dropped it into gear. I got a little chirp out of it before the rear end disintegrated all over the road. I had the nick name " Chirp" for the rest of the time I worked there. Embarrassed

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #23 - 07/28/11 at 18:00:36

arteacher wrote on 07/28/11 at 05:01:47:
Not bike related, but years ago I was on strike duty at a factory I worked at and we were doing burnouts in our cars in front of the factory. I didn't know how to do it so when my turn came up (I was driving a '69 "chief with 300 horse heads and a turbo 350 trans) I revved it way up in neutral and dropped it into gear. I got a little chirp out of it before the rear end disintegrated all over the road. I had the nick name " Chirp" for the rest of the time I worked there. Embarrassed

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!  Entries may be submitted, but so far this is it. My face is even a little red from that one.  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #24 - 07/29/11 at 17:14:50

Hey folks, I was just kidding about a winner. Let's hear some more. I'll go first. Just today I thought about the Forum when I found out my helmet won't fit with a glove wedged in the top. And I really tried! My old dog just looked away disgusted.  Cheesy

IP Logged
fascar228
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Islamabad
Reply #25 - 07/30/11 at 00:11:48

It was a good day to ride so I decided to head for the hills. 10km out and I felt i needed a heavier jacket so I turned back got home and changed my jacket. I went 30km into the hills and decided to go further as i was a beautiful day.
The engine sputtered.....no problem....i decided to hit the reserve.....the petcock did not feel right.....seemed like it was already in reserve....what the hell!!!....I had forgotten to refuel....OK OK no problem I would roll done the hill to a fuel station.....rolled.. pushed.. puffed and huffed also...got to the station....here we need to pay before u get fuel....put my hands in the jacket to get the wallet....NO WALLET.....it was in the other jacket which I had changed earlier....No cell phone either.....can't call home....now what?? pray for divine intervention.....sometime later heard a bike approaching....It was my friend....he too thought it was a good day to ride...called me but my cellphone was not with me....he came to my place to check and was told I had gone for a ride.....he too decided to follow the same route(by chance) he paid for the fuel and thats how I got back home...... WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY.....

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #26 - 07/30/11 at 04:34:15

Not on the bike -- I was in LA visiting family and headed to the gym with Mrs. Doc, my brother and my niece.  Niece had just gotten her license and was driving, she had her license and the rest of us were already in gym clothes.  

She said, "OK if I return this to the store?" and headed for the parking lot.  Only problem was, the store's parking lot was a left turn and she felt more comfortable making a right into the lot across the side street.

The lot that didn't accept the store's validation.

Oh, THAT lot!

Fortunately there's always at least 83 cents in coins stuck in the seat cushions!   Grin

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #27 - 07/30/11 at 17:29:35

At  least a couple times a year I will somehow flick the kill switch when I get off the bike. When I get back on and try to start the beast I have a few moments of panic when it doesn't start. The panic turns to relief once I realize the the only thing broken is me.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 14:28:08

General CategoryThe Cafe › Classic rookie mistake.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.