Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
rear tire-wet conditions (Read 115 times)
highlander10
YaBB Newbies

Keep Walking

Groningen, Netherlands
rear tire-wet conditions
07/24/11 at 06:44:11

Hey guys,
It is time for my suzie q to get new "shoes". My rear tire is over.
The front tire is a Metzeler and i am very satisfied from it when it has to do with wet conditions which is the normal weather here...
But i read some comments online and reviews and i do not know which Metzeler to choose.They say that this lasts--> Perfect ME 77 140/90 72euros and the Lasertec 130/90 74euros that is good under wet conditions but does not last that much. I am also open to other proposals and tips
Giorgos Highlander

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: rear tire-wet conditions
Reply #1 - 07/24/11 at 07:05:16

highlander10 wrote on 07/24/11 at 06:44:11:
Hey guys,
It is time for my suzie q to get new "shoes". My rear tire is over.
The front tire is a Metzeler and i am very satisfied from it when it has to do with wet conditions which is the normal weather here...
But i read some comments online and reviews and i do not know which Metzeler to choose.They say that this lasts--> Perfect ME 77 140/90 72euros and the Lasertec 130/90 74euros that is good under wet conditions but does not last that much. I am also open to other proposals and tips
Giorgos Highlander

If you want tires that last a long time, yet stick well in the twisties and rain, do a search (don't use google) for "dual compound motorcycle tires."

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
RadRacer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Petaluma,Calif
Reply #2 - 07/24/11 at 09:22:59

I have metzlers me 880 front and rear had them for about  3 years aprox. 15k miles on them and will be due for a new rear by end of summer this is my only transportation so i ride rain or shine great traction in the wet

'97 Savage stock carb #55 pilot, 1/2 spacer, #160 main,Modified Jardine, K&n air filter w/ pre-charger wrap, Nology Ign. Coil, PowerStar Spark Plug, ported head, stock cam, Verslavvy,Belt Drive
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #3 - 07/24/11 at 14:31:24

Gyrobob, why not to use Google? It worked fine for me. Lots of websites, specs, where to get them, reviews, prices, and pictures too. Are you a Google hater?

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #4 - 07/24/11 at 17:20:41

drums1 wrote on 07/24/11 at 14:31:24:
Gyrobob, why not to use Google? It worked fine for me. Lots of websites, specs, where to get them, reviews, prices, and pictures too. Are you a Google hater?

Yeah, I'm a google hater.  If they were at least non-partisan, I could put up with them, because they sure do offer a lot of functions.  What torques my posterior is how blatantly they skew everthing towards the left.  

Here are some examples:
 -- google deindexes any sites they feel are conservative or libertarian.
 -- google's CEO campaigned for b. hussein o**ma
 -- The Federal Elections Commission shows that over the last three election cycles, google gave $470,000 to Dems, and $5,000 to Repubs.
 -- google ranks news searches by "quality" rather than by relevance or date.  This means CNN and AP (both absurdly left leaning) get preference over middle of the road (or right) news sites.
 -- google bans any ads having to do with Christian faith, but runs muslim ads frequently
 -- NPR (a far left, tax-sucking radio network) gets a lot of funding from google
 -- The Federal Trade Commission (and European regulators) have recently launched investigations on google business practices which include favoring issues/organizations tied to liberals/Democrat party/muslims.

This list could go on and on.  I grow weary of including more.  I use Yahoo now.  Use whatever search engine you want.  Me no care.

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #5 - 07/24/11 at 18:26:08

Highlander, Gyro is probably right about dual compounds, but I doubt if they come in our size. I have the Me880 Metz Marathon on the front and will put one on the rear next time. I am totally satisfied with the Dunlop K555, but it has worn down pretty quick. This is my fault, but I will try the Metz this fall. I don't think you can beat Metzeler, but I haven't tried Michelin or any dual compounds that may be available.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 07/25/11 at 05:02:41

I use Startpage, they dont snoop on me.
Google & most others keep a record of my searches.. not that I give a crap about where I go, I just dont like others snooping,, Im not ashamed of what I do in my house,, but I have curtains over the windows,, IOW, just having nothing to hide is not an invitation for someone to go snooping thru my life,.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #7 - 07/25/11 at 06:27:21

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/25/11 at 05:02:41:
I use Startpage, they dont snoop on me.
Google & most others keep a record of my searches.. not that I give a crap about where I go, I just dont like others snooping,, Im not ashamed of what I do in my house,, but I have curtains over the windows,, IOW, just having nothing to hide is not an invitation for someone to go snooping thru my life,.

Yet another reason to boycott google.  Well said.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 06:31:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › rear tire-wet conditions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.