Paypal knows Better ? (Read 165 times)
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Paypal knows Better ?
07/19/11 at 07:30:16

Anyone have a few bucks coming in thru paypal, and got the same notice I did,...... that starting on July 15th I can't touch any incoming money till 21 days after I receive it ? The excuse is that "they" decided "they"  should be able to give a refund to a buyer if "they" feel like it.
Like they are a better judge as to who should get a refund than I myself. Real nice,.....I'd be like.... paying someone to tell me I can't have my money for 21 days, and maybe can't never have it if they decide to give it back to the sender if they feel like it.

Ain't gonna happen ! I will find another way, even if it costs more.

But why would I rather think that this is a way to get lots of interest free money for 21 days ? Naw ! Can't be. They would never be that deceiving !

No,.....just in case you're wondering, I ain't never refused a refund to anyone.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
VAFarmer
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Paypal knows Better ?
Reply #1 - 07/19/11 at 08:25:53

Routy,

Just a side note on Paypal also.....and you may or may not care, but it is worth saying.

Paypal is an Ebay entity.  

Ebay is full of upper-crust leadership who are traditionally anti-2nd amendment, and explicitly do not like firearms (thus, armed citizens) as well........

When you use paypal, you are lining the pockets of those who would turn around and use that money to lobby and deny citizens the right to bear arms.    I have never used paypal.   I know it is convienient, but I will not convenience myself out of my rights.

Just a side note.  

Yes, that new policy does seem like a load of baloney.

God bless,

Farmer

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #2 - 07/19/11 at 09:36:31

I ordered some brake pads a few weeks ago and although they were shipped quickly they seem to have gotten lost in the mail.  Two e-mails to the seller brought no response so I notified Paypal who will refund my money (including shipping) if the seller doesn't make it right.  

Remember flightsimshop?  He was an ebay seller that lot's of folks here complained about.  Before I was a member here he tried to screw me and Paypal refunded my money.  

I use ebay a lot and I will continue to use Paypal for my own protection.  Not everyone is as honest as you and I are.

IP Logged
prsavage

atgatt

Nanaimo BC
Reply #3 - 07/19/11 at 09:41:01

Earlier this year I bought a few things from a supposedly reputable seller on ebay, 17,000 feedback at 99.3%.  It took almost a month to say he shipped and the parts never showed up.  He then said he would refund but strung me along til it was past the dispute time.  I was slow at disputing with paypal and missed their deadline by about 18 hours.  Too bad so sad said both ebay and paypal.  My bank however said no problem, here's your money back.  All of a sudden, the dispute paypal said they couldn't possibly open was happening.  I don't care what paypal decides cuz they won't get a dime out of me.

IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/19/11 at 09:41:13

any entity has the potential to abuse its customers through unfair practices.

I personally have never had any problems with paypal, I even had them contact me about a transaction, asking if it was legit (it was).

If they do start to treat their customers badly, they will act by taking their business elsewhere.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #5 - 07/19/11 at 10:02:56

Personally I haven't had any Paypal problems.  They are just trying to make it "easier" on themselves when a transaction goes bad.  To me, that's bullsh!t.  So they want to penalize the majority (folks who use the service as intended) for the minority (folks who try to skirt the system)?  If a customer deserves a refund, I believe most people would issue the refund.  Paypal can take the refund back out of your bank account.  They don't have to "hold" it for 21 days.  Its your money, you should be able to transfer into your bank account as soon as you want.  But I assume there are those who won't pay it back.  To me, Paypal should take legal action against those folks.  Don't hurt everyone else because of it.

And I didn't know they are anti-firearms.  Hmmm.  Looks like I'll be looking into new alternatives.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #6 - 07/19/11 at 10:17:10

Ebay instituted a new policy a while back; No more negative feedback to buyers. They (including Paypal) favor the buyer first which infuriated sellers. Buyers can start a dispute for whatever reason and they usually win, regardless of a sellers spotless feedback. They can hold an honest seller hostage with threats of a dispute demanding whatever they want like maybe a partial refund. This happened to me last year. I sold a pair of brand new engineer boots to a buyer. More than 2 months passed and the buyer started a dispute saying that one boot was bigger than the other. OK, footwear, not an easy item to sell online, bit after a second viewing of the buyers feedback, I noticed a few similar disputes. Kind of a hobby for them I guess, exploiting honest sellers.

I got several e-mail's from both Paypal and Ebay stating that I should refund the buyer, even though it was a "no returns" auction. Had it been a week, maybe I would've considered, but 2 months? No way. So, after a couple of weeks of dispute tag, I offered to refund the shipping and they keep the boots, hoping that they get bunions from them. I caved, but not for a full refund.

By the same token, Paypal dispute worked for me a couple of times when buyers did indeed misrepresent their for sale items, or not ship them at all. But, the no negative 'seller to buyer" feedback was a kick in the arse for all honest sellers.

FSO
  IP Logged
prsavage

atgatt

Nanaimo BC
Reply #7 - 07/19/11 at 12:11:57

Had I ever recieved the parts for my Intruder I would have gladly payed for them.  Not overly expensive stuff - a gas cap, ignition switch and back rest lock and key all matched set - for just under $100 with shipping from Florida to BC.  But no way am I going to be out of pocket for parts that I strongly suspect he never sent.  And no feedback exchanged either direction.

IP Logged
swardlow
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 07/19/11 at 12:41:05

I got the same message from paypal yesterday. so I sent back on of my asking why and today I got a message saying that there is no more hold placed on my account.  what a crock of ****

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #9 - 07/19/11 at 18:06:15

This article is a pretty good mini-history of how Paypal slid from an awesome idea to the lame thing that it is now.  Paypal needs a serious competitor, one that can take half their customers away, and preferably by adding things like the customer's ability to choose whether they want irreversible transactions or this hold-the-money-in-limbo thing, or something else entirely.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #10 - 07/19/11 at 19:36:23

babyhog wrote on 07/19/11 at 10:02:56:
And I didn't know they are anti-firearms.  Hmmm.  Looks like I'll be looking into new alternatives.  

Piglet, there was no evidence presented that Ebay or Paypal is anti-firearms, just a very vague accusation and guess because of a perceived stereotype.  Read it again.

IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #11 - 07/19/11 at 19:53:11

I'm pretty sure that you cannot do a firearm transaction via Paypal, unless of course the buyer says it's for goods and services. But, I've bought plenty of firearms accessories on Ebay and paid with paypal. Holsters, Magazines etc.

FSO
  IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 07/19/11 at 22:00:18

Anytime corporations hold your money they are making money off the interest. Sounds a little fishy to me. Despite that, I haven't had any problems with PayPal... yet.

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
UPDATED Re: Paypal knows Better ?
Reply #13 - 07/20/11 at 07:31:22

I also received another notice from pay pal that the 21 day money hold has been stopped. Going by dates, it seems the hold lasted 3 days.
I don't know if this proceedure stop for everyone (from neg feedback) or just a selected group that has a history of keeping a little money in reserve,........in case they want to put a hold on it for a refund if "they" see fit  ??? I sure don't know.

I have never had a problem w/ PP, but somehow I don't feel as good about them anymore.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:33:23

General CategoryThe Cafe › Paypal knows Better ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.