Whheee! (Read 151 times)
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Whheee!
07/17/11 at 01:03:08

Finaly! Got back on the bike after almost three weeks off of it after the surgeries.
Still a bit weak and no real energy but getting better. Finaly getting an appetite back and seems i can eat about anything(so far) except my beloved chocolate(D@mn it!). It gives me a nice belly ache for some reason.
Bellys still a bit tender and sore but getting better, belly buttons the worst.

BUT... i felt strong enough and sooooooo tired of sitting around the house i just HAD to try and get back on. As long as i dont drop it i should be ok. Cant pick it up, have to wait for some lil ole lady or someone to stop and help if i do...lol
Kinda need to miss the LARGER road bumps to as they seem to jar my innards a bit as well but over all it was nice.

Even had a Wheee moment makeing an icecream run for the girls. Comeing off the overpass looked like someone had left a nice stream of water/oil/anitfreeze. Avoided the obvious stream but must of hit a small spot halfway through the curve. Rear tired did one of those 3 or 4 inch slides that makes you think "i must of hit something slick" then grabbed and away we went.
Probably wont do much for long rides for a bit, least wise not till i can pick her up by myself again.
But it was nice being back in the saddle again and out of the house for a bit. Just got to watch them gut jarring bumps for awhile yet...lol

IP Logged
KristenAnn

Crashing Sucks!!

Westfield, Mass
Re: Whheee!
Reply #1 - 07/17/11 at 05:20:14

I am so glad to hear that you are feling better. I know when i got back on my bike it made me feel infintley better. Keep healing.

kfink@aol.com kfink@aol.com   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 07/17/11 at 06:28:39

IDK if youre taking Vicodin for pain, but that a place where less really is more,, those thing will hurt a fella,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #3 - 07/17/11 at 10:57:44

Ibuprofen for the pain. Docs didnt hardly give me more then enough hydrocodone to last a week. That and i dont ride when im on pain meds or my heads fuzzy.

Still a bit sore inside and out kristenann. Good reason to avoid them bigger bumps...lol Tire easily and still a bit weak but a lot better then i was. Maybe another week and ill be back close to normal except for the lifting ban, or so i hope. Cools off a bit im going to do a lil ride this evening. This 100+ degree heat kinda makes things a bit worse as it is.

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #4 - 07/17/11 at 20:57:21

Nothin' quite as good as two-wheel therapy!

At least the right amount of it -- sounds like you're starting back and building up.  Prudent...

One of those rare occasions in which fun and prudence both come into play.

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #5 - 07/17/11 at 22:59:25

Wolfman, great to hear your recovery is going well.
Your getting the best therapy and that is on the
bike..Take care and continued success on your
recovery.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #6 - 07/18/11 at 01:57:32

Would be nicer if i was'nt dealing with 100+ degree heat right now. Think its supposed to hit 102 tomorrow(today now) and 104 tues. But i ride anyway. Wish it would rain as watering the garden kinda makes my belly sore and back hurts like a beotch. Probably from tugging on the hose.
Dont help i had a messed up back beforehand. BUT if im going to have anything survive ive got to water it. Then ride a bit right before dark or just after(really need me a deer spotting lightbar...lol). I LOVE rideing after dark, especialy under the full moon.

Thought i was going to cry today. Came out of a farm supply after looking for soaker hoses. Some guy and his gal had parked right next to my dirty lil Zuk(live a mile down a gravel road, she needs a bath...lol)
Anyway i eyeballed his ride, think it was a M50 with drag bars. Figure he had checked mine out as he had parked right next to me with only three cars in a 100 car parkig lot. So he had a LOT of spots to choose from. Guess he didnt like MY ride.
They came out and made a point of not makeing eye contact or looking my way as i was putting my helmet on.
Thought id get a smile or a wave from another Zuk owner. Guess we didnt measure up. Thought i was going to cry(wheres that bleeping crying smiley...lol).
I just laughed at him and his ole lady as i pulled out. Them in their shorts n t-shirts and tennis shoes putting on their matching beanies.
Me in my modular, boots, jeans and jean jacket.
I just laughed to myself as i cracked the throttle and roared out of the parking lot like a sewing machine on steroids...lol
Then some kid thought me checking the on ramp at the light was me looking at him wanting to drag light to light.
Reved his lil yellow mustang and took off at the green.
I cracked the thottle a bit and run up even with his nose. He goosed it a bit then. Me n Jolene(bike) just giggled hit third and rolled on the throttle and left him. Kinda made up for being snubbed by a fellow Zuk owner.
I really have to laugh at the bike snobs out there. Cheesy
Get your knees in the breeze and wind in your hair and the world just seems right for a lil bit. Grin

But them d@mn big bumps is still a killer. Cool

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #7 - 07/18/11 at 07:13:05

'Wolfman, I hear ya on being snubbed by other
riders. I have had the same done to me as well.
I  grin, shrug shoulders and
zoom on my way. On the other hand, I have had
other riders on various bikes give me compliments
on Genie as well. So not all are evil..
Sounds like your recovery is going well and again take
it easy as you don't want to delay it by over doing things.
Sorry for being mother hen here, just want you to make
a full recovery..  Kiss kim

IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #8 - 07/18/11 at 10:08:29

Glad to here you're recovering well. Still hoping to make it down your way late August or early September, Maybe we can catch a ride together if you're up to it.

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #9 - 07/18/11 at 10:45:26

Give me a holler you get down around this way southpaw. I should be up and roaring around by then.

Kimchris1, i like motherhens. Got nice soft Bre...err....shoulders to lay your head on...lol
Yeah i got to take it a lil easier in the garden. Wears me out fairly quick and tugging on that hose gets them damaged nerves n muscles all angry at me. Sad

Anyone ever tries to tell you an ERCP surgery, even though its usualy an out patiant surgery, isnt bad at all. Tell em heir a D@mn Liar!
I hurt worse from that when i woke up then from the gall bladder surgery. Felt like someone had drug barbed wire through my guts. Didnt help the doc managed to gouge the inside of my gums pretty good either.
Not being able to do anything is just driveing me buts. Back limited a lot of things i could do from what i used to be able to do. But this 20lb limit and soreness is the pits! My 14 year old girl has to do all the lifting. That just aint right! Huh

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #10 - 07/18/11 at 12:03:50

Glad to hear you're getting back in the saddle.  I love to ride under a full moon too.  We'll have to listen for each other to howl...   Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #11 - 07/18/11 at 13:52:26

Night times cooler and fewer cars as well.
Just got to keep an eye out for rocky raccoon and Bambi.
Lot of times, especialy on the weekends ill do a couple laps around town. Grab an icecream and watch traffic at DQ.
D@mn, now a flung a craveing on myself..lol

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:33:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Whheee!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.