Send Topic Print
A few more demos... (Read 71 times)
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
A few more demos...
07/16/11 at 14:14:21

The Triumph demo truck was in Pawtucket today so I rode down (about 40 miles) and finally got to ride a Rocket III Roadster

It was VERY smooth and powerful.  Unfortunately traffic was such that I only got a hint of what it's capable of.  I did learn that it's very easy to control at slow speeds in stop and go traffic.  Only thing I didn't like was the control position.  My knees were bent similar to my S50 before I put forward controls on it.

I rode a Thunderbird last year and was disappointed with the power so I was looking forward to trying the new Storm which has the 1700 big bore kit.

This was a significant improvement over the 1600 Thunderbird.  We had much better traffic and got to run a little more.  I wasn't disappointed.  This bike feels like it was tailor made for me.  Everything is exactly where it should be.  Great leg position.  I want to ride the RIII again before I decide but I think this might be my next bike.

Then just for fun I rode the new Speed Triple.

A little too much of a sport bike stance for me, I felt like I was supporting more weight on my arms than was comfortable but talk about smooth power!  Wow.  Not quite as broad a power band as the Street Triple and so was a little more difficult to ride, more shifting to keep it in the power band but an amazing amount of fantastically smooth power.  I s'pose the sport bike guys are used to that but for those of us coming off a thumper... wow!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: A few more demos...
Reply #1 - 07/16/11 at 17:42:52

Wish I could put that RocketIII motor in my Geo Metro... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #2 - 07/16/11 at 18:35:31

It might be a tight squeeze but if you got it in it'd go like a... er... rocket.

IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/16/11 at 19:38:43

I want a T-bird Storm in a couple of years. Darn near perfect bike...For me that is... Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 20:23:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › A few more demos...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.