Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Political/economic question (Read 278 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Political/economic question
Reply #30 - 07/18/11 at 15:15:04

buttgoat1 wrote on 07/18/11 at 14:59:20:
one thing I know, is the more government interference you have the more things get screwed up.

Well,, All Ive seen is a constant increase in size & scope of the goobs,, & a steady downturn in freedom & standard of living,,

The government which governs least, governs best..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 07/18/11 at 16:37:11

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/18/11 at 15:15:04:
buttgoat1 wrote on 07/18/11 at 14:59:20:
one thing I know, is the more government interference you have the more things get screwed up.

Well,, All Ive seen is a constant increase in size & scope of the goobs,, & a steady downturn in freedom & standard of living,,

The government which governs least, governs best..

only if you are powerful, if you are weak you might appreciate a little more government

IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #32 - 07/21/11 at 18:08:27

Australia has a very high minimum wage.

From what I gather, they have a pretty decent economy right now. Certainly more balanced than what we have. Their trade balance with China is fairly evenly matched, last time I checked.

Also, it's illegal NOT to vote there. ( I'm not saying it should be illegal here, just and interesting tidbit of info )

-----------

Having said that, let me say that the minimum wage here has not gone up much compared to the cost of food and fuel, which is a reflection of the devaluation of our fiat dollars. The current Fed Reserve dollar has lost something like 98% of it's original purchasing power since it was first introduced. That's the real crime. The devaluation of currency by printing more and more and more debt based 'notes' that just waters down the whole economy until an hours wage will barely buy a gallon of gas or milk. We are at a dangerous point in the life-cycle of a fiat currency. The debt grows exponentially and cannot ever be paid off. CAN NEVER be paid off. So more debt is the only temporary solution. How long can that continue? What is the long-term solution? Complete default on all debt? The US is bankrupt and has been. This is why there are all these QEs and other 'official' terms for printing more debt notes. Oh and while we're talking about money, let's not talk about the unfairness of banks being able to lend money they don't even have, and then you have to work your ass off to pay it back.

Ok.. rant off.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 03:18:24

General CategoryThe Cafe › Political/economic question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.