Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hate oil leaks (Read 111 times)
xtreme77mopar
YaBB Newbies

Reading,Pa
Hate oil leaks
07/14/11 at 19:02:05

So I bought my wife a savage a few months ago, I knew the head gasket was leaking when I bought. I pulled the motor since I was painting the frame, I did the cam chain fix, new head gasket/base gasket. also had the head and jug decked and planed.  she rode it a few times and if coarse the plug above the exhaust leaked so lastnight i tore it all apart, replaced the plug and I noticed its actually the head gasket leaking.....UG.   this happen to any of you guys here....im at my witts end.

IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Re: Hate oil leaks
Reply #1 - 07/14/11 at 19:13:29

I didn't do it myself but I just had the head gasket on mine replaced recently--it was leaking a little afterwards so I took it back and one of the head bolts was in a previously installed sleeve--the whole dam sleeve was pulling out. He drilled it all the way through and put a nut on the other end with some thread locker. No leaks since.

IP Logged
Wanabe
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/11/11 at 19:00:19

Hey Xtreme,

I'm interested in how you made out... As I just found out that my Head Gasket is also leaking.

My Clymer manual gets into far too much detail about taking apart the cylinder head, and only has two sentences on the Head Gasket. I'm hoping that it is as easy as slipping off the camshaft chain, lifting the cylinder head, replacing the gasket, and reversing the process.

If not, I would be interested in finding out what was involved. How much time it took you. What parts that needed to be replaced.

Thank you.

IP Logged
xtreme77mopar
YaBB Newbies

Reading,Pa
Reply #3 - 08/13/11 at 06:23:15

Well I tore it back apart and replaced the rubber plug again...problem solved. was not the head gasket again.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:32:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hate oil leaks

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.