Send Topic Print
Savage Idles only (Read 263 times)
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Savage Idles only
Reply #15 - 07/26/11 at 06:01:58

130 and 47.5 was what I had in my carb, including the adjustable needle. Love the circlip adjustment, but replaced jets with 150 and 50 now. Can't tell you if that works in your carb, It runs great in mine.

And didn't someone like a week ago also mentioned a jet with 230 stamped on it. He called it Air jet or to that effect??

Regardless, I'm thinking the fuel should never gush through carb vents, unless the float sticks or float valve doesn't shut. It might be the float problem, theoretically.

IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #16 - 07/26/11 at 07:42:19

If you can, I'd clean all the stock carb parts very well (boil them in lemon juice maybe?) and try those before the rebuilt kit. If they aren't bent/broken, you should be able to clean them. carbs can be very finicky sometimes.

to check the floats, you can use your imagination to hook up a clear hose to the carb drain (I used a grease fitting with the ball and spring taken out of it on another carb). loop that up and zip-tie it to the carb such that the open end of the hose is above the carb. that'll let you see where the fuel level is (and how the float is operating) while the bike is running.

I do wonder what would cause the gas to flow out of the vents. That is kind of worrisome. might be caused by a float that no longer likes to float, or a float valve that no longer likes to seal.

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 07/26/11 at 11:59:09

So hypothetically we are saying, float stays up stuck as the fuel level in the bowl goes down quick. Yuo can't rev, since there's but fumes in the bowl. Eventually, float drops down and stays stuck down, bowl overfills and pi$$es out on vent tubes. Level gets high enough, float goes back up and seals shut... That is the theory behind it... Stretched, but it might worth it.

IP Logged
zx6chris
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

dorset england
Reply #18 - 07/26/11 at 13:50:10

mine was doing the same think and it turned out to be a blocked jet where the main pin goes through and the diafram was mucky too kleaned it and she fired and reved up fine well after a quick cough and a pop

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 00:22:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage Idles only

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.