Send Topic Print
Fueling safety. (Read 108 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Fueling safety.
07/12/11 at 15:36:08

This may not belong here, but Versy can move it if needed. I never have set on my mc to fill up mainly because gas will blister your legs/thighs if it runs on your clothes. I fill up to the bottom of one side of the filler throat on kickstand. Today I stopped in another state at a strange station and filled up to about two inches from the neck. I let off the filler and it wouldn't stop. I squeezed and released it about five times before it released. I was looking around for a place to dump the thing by then. Seven of the eight pumps were in use and a truck was delivering beverages, so everywhere I looked was people. I knew a hot Savage was not the place to go and I was in a bind. It only weeped out the vent a little and it settled down on the 20+ mile ride home. Be careful, however you choose to fill up.  Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
RycaShawn

Ryca Fan

Los Angeles
Re: Fueling safety.
Reply #1 - 07/12/11 at 16:38:39

Dood! One time I went to grab the fuel hose from the pump and it was latched on so as soon as I pushed the button for which octane I wanted, fuel started to shoot out everywhere! Be careful at the pumps. They don't all work properly.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 07/12/11 at 16:42:39

RycaShawn wrote on 07/12/11 at 16:38:39:
Dood! One time I went to grab the fuel hose from the pump and it was latched on so as soon as I pushed the button for which octane I wanted, fuel started to shoot out everywhere! Be careful at the pumps. They don't all work properly.

That was a setup,, the last person set the handle to ON,, Ive seen the pump handles scrambled, back when each octane level had its own handle, Ive seen razor blades slices down the hoses, & Iv seen every one of the handles swapped into another spot,, I used to do maintenance at a string of stations in west tx,, it was a mess,, people do some weird crap,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #3 - 07/12/11 at 19:51:57

Theirs buttons on pumps around here you can push to shut the pumps off,I've never tried it.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 07/12/11 at 23:47:49

Bill, I have seen emergency stops somewhere, but I didn't even think it happened so fast. I'll look from now on before I pump.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
tragicallysteph
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Thunder Bay, ON
Reply #5 - 07/13/11 at 06:57:24

Luckily I've never had an issue when filling any of my vehicles - and a hot engine + gas = yikes! I would probably run away lol!

On a related note, and as a Canadian, it looks like I have been paying too much due to faulty pumps - to the tune of 8 million! Check out this new report:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/06/28/gas-pump-accuracy-prices.html

Be Kind Rewind.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:19:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fueling safety.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.