Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can people get any dumber? (not bike related) (Read 159 times)
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Can people get any dumber? (not bike related)
07/10/11 at 23:14:10

I mentioned in another thread that I now work at Walmart as Asset Protection checking receipts and the like. I swear, people seem to have their brains sucked out of their heads the moment the enter the doors.

Me standing at a door going over a customer's receipt, in uniform and my name badge prominently displayed.

"Excuse me, do you work here?"
"No, I just like coming to stores and see what kinds of goodies people have in their baskets." (no I didn't really say that but I sure was thinking it."

"It's illegal for you to ask to see my receipt."
No, it's illegal for me to beat the crap out of you and take the receipt, but it ain't illegal for me to ask.

"Are you trying to copy Sam's Club?"
"Sam's Club and Walmart are the same company."
"No they aren't."
Come on really? How hard is this to deduce? Sam's Club uses Sam Walton's first name and Walmart uses the first three letters of his last name. Not to mention all the Sam's Choice items Walmart sells.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Can people get any dumber? (not bike related)
Reply #1 - 07/10/11 at 23:57:48

We are a nation of geniuses.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 07/11/11 at 06:10:28

"i love my job
 i love my job"

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
B1-66er

I've been everything
you want to be.

Eastern Ohio
Reply #3 - 07/11/11 at 06:33:36

What walmart are you at that has ap standing around checking receipts? I was an ap for 2.5 years and I only had to check receipts once, black Friday

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 07/11/11 at 08:11:04

Yonuh, I sold appliances, tires, etc for 14 years. Many people called me saying the heating element was out on their dryer. I told them to check the breaker, because the motor runs on 120v and the elemnts on 220v. "But the drum is turning. Just quit arguing and send out the #&*> service man!" We did and charged them $50-70 for flipping a breaker. You will see justice from time to time. And I know you wouldn't want to be them, right? Wink

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 07/11/11 at 08:21:00

I found a piece of a pork chop bone in a copier once,, they just couldnt understand why it kept paper jamming ,, & werent so happy when I I charged them to "repair " it.. when all I did was open the door & look at the paper path & remove a BONE,,

How the heck did That get in there??? Ive never figured out an even possible answer. Im pretty sure the dog didnt Bury it in there..

WAIT a Minute! I think I just got it,, Someone was gnawin on it & laid it on top of the paper tray, next time they used it, the bone went into the machine with the paper,, maybe,, IDK if theres room,  but at least thats a possible,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #6 - 07/11/11 at 08:25:53

To asnwer your question, Yes they can. Huh

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #7 - 07/11/11 at 11:36:19

B1-66er wrote on 07/11/11 at 06:33:36:
What walmart are you at that has ap standing around checking receipts? I was an ap for 2.5 years and I only had to check receipts once, black Friday

I am actually what they are calling an APG Asset Protection Greeter. (Stupid ain't it) not to be confused with People Greeter. There are actually five of us with one on the way from New Jersey. We are apparently an experiment to see if we can control our shrinkage. But how we can control it when Walmart ties our hands I have no idea.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #8 - 07/11/11 at 15:01:50

All the Walmarts here have those. Makes sense, Shelby County TN is the southernmost ghetto of Chicago... very high crime rates here. Little work, lots of drugs...

Seems like the only people they catch though are employees.  Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 07/11/11 at 15:18:59

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/11/11 at 08:21:00:
I found a piece of a pork chop bone in a copier once,, they just couldnt understand why it kept paper jamming ,, & werent so happy when I I charged them to "repair " it.. when all I did was open the door & look at the paper path & remove a BONE,,

How the heck did That get in there??? Ive never figured out an even possible answer. Im pretty sure the dog didnt Bury it in there..

WAIT a Minute! I think I just got it,, Someone was gnawin on it & laid it on top of the paper tray, next time they used it, the bone went into the machine with the paper,, maybe,, IDK if theres room,  but at least thats a possible,,

no, I've never porked anyone on the copier,
really, I haven't.........
never....

IP Logged
Z

Ride Baby Ride!!!

Northwestern PA
Reply #10 - 07/11/11 at 15:28:44

I also work at a walmart and the level of stupidity constantly amazes me. I often wonder how they make it through life being that dumb.  Grin Roll Eyes Oh yeah the customers are pretty senseless too!!  Grin Grin Grin

Sanity runs from my family!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 07/11/11 at 15:32:16

fluoride & the crap they put in the shots,

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #12 - 07/11/11 at 16:21:41

I work at Logan airport in Boston. Anyone who walks around the airport knows that being in uniform is like weaing a sign that says "ask me." Many of my colleagues cover their uniforms for just that reason but I enjoy the human interaction, like to be helpful, and try to remember some of the stuipider questions. Whoever said there are no stupid questions never wore a uniform in an airport, I'm certain of it.

One of the first really memorable ones was outside Terminal E. A lady asked me, "Is this where my friends are going to pick me up?" I didn't know what to say but I was ready a week later when another woman asked the exact same question. I replied, "Well, I don't know your friends." She assured me they were reasonably bright people and so I told her I thought there was a good chance this was the place.

At a news counter in Terminal E I overheard this exchange:
woman: Excuse me, where do the buses stop?
clerk (pointing at door): outside.
woman (as she turns and walks out): Oh, thank you.

As I was walking through Terminal E in a bit of a hurry a guy said, "Excuse me sir, are you here?" I didn't have time to stop so I kept walking and said, "No, I'm just passing through."

A while back I was standing in front of Burger King in the food court and a lady asked me, "Do you know if they sell just fries here?" How do you answer that?

Many of them are less interesting like the people in Terminal B who ask how to get to Terminal B or how to get upstairs when they are upstairs. Or folks who ask for directions while you're standing under a sign that has just the info they want.

IP Logged
BrettKeiselsbeard

2007 S-40, 2003
GZ250

Sebastian Fl
Reply #13 - 07/11/11 at 16:36:42

Here's your sign..... Grin

2007 2/3 spacer, 150 main, 55 pilot, dyna muffler, K&N box, cateye tail, mustang fender bib, GZ250 seat.
  IP Logged
PR_Chicano
YaBB Newbies

So whats nu?...
"Lambda over
c"

Chicago
Reply #14 - 07/11/11 at 20:29:10

I work at a dollar store stocking and I have people ask me if I work here while im stocking merchandise from a box i have on my hand.

Also, I have noticed that when people come in the store in the morning, they look like zombies lol they are so sluggish..

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:17:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › Can people get any dumber? (not bike related)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.